[Transition Animation] [StarBurst] MotoBlur

Search This thread

Apr 11, 2010
These are the transition animations from MotoBlur.

I was unable at this point to find where the screen rotation animations are but I'll keep investigating.

the framework-res file is for PhantomHacker's Starburst ROM v1.3
You can just push the file via adb or Root Explorer (?).

I have also attached the transition animations stand-alone. They need to be injected in framework-res.apk/res/anim and they are compatible with all ROM releases.

Attachments

• framework-res.apk
    5.8 MB · Views: 113
  • anim.zip
    30.2 KB · Views: 157

jok3sta

Mar 8, 2006
how would i go about injecting this into another rom. any instructions anywhere?

lokko21

Jun 4, 2010
Chihuahua
how would i go about injecting this into another rom. any instructions anywhere?

Go to system/framework and look for you Framework-res.apk and send it to your pc with bluetooth (Thats what I do) then open your framework-res.apk with winrar or 7zip (I use winrar) with framwork-res.apk open navigate to "res" folder open it then look for "anim" folder and open it now from the anim folder that you downloaded from OP open it then drag and drop it to the "anim" folder that you have previously open in Winrar its going to ask you to overwrite the files click ok or yes then close winrar, then send it back to the phone tru bluetooth, now with root explores copy it to system/framework reboot and you are done, you will get FC's but reboot and everythin will be ok.

Hope it helps.

jok3sta

Mar 8, 2006
Go to system/framework and look for you Framework-res.apk and send it to your pc with bluetooth (Thats what I do) then open your framework-res.apk with winrar or 7zip (I use winrar) with framwork-res.apk open navigate to "res" folder open it then look for "anim" folder and open it now from the anim folder that you downloaded from OP open it then drag and drop it to the "anim" folder that you have previously open in Winrar its going to ask you to overwrite the files click ok or yes then close winrar, then send it back to the phone tru bluetooth, now with root explores copy it to system/framework reboot and you are done, you will get FC's but reboot and everythin will be ok.

Hope it helps.
I read somewhere that whe modifying an apk i will have to sign it.. Is that the case here as well?

Tapatalkin' it from my Epic Touch 3g

SAShady

Jun 27, 2008
You can't just open an .apk. It has to be de-compiled, edited, then re-compiled. Just fyi so you don't get an FC fest

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

squshy 7

Dec 6, 2010
Depends on what you're doing. I've opened system .apks such framework, settings, systemui, etc. for graphic changes for years with no issues.

In assuming the anim.zip is an xml, which does need a decompile/compile method. Dropping pngs into an apk is one thing, not so with xmls. The are other xmls in the apk that need to populate based on things in the apk, including other xmls.

Tiffany84

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 27, 2010
In assuming the anim.zip is an xml, which does need a decompile/compile method. Dropping pngs into an apk is one thing, not so with xmls. The are other xmls in the apk that need to populate based on things in the apk, including other xmls.

I haven't looked but on htc's it was a folder that could be replaced and I've done it several times with 7zip and had no issues.

Apr 11, 2010

You don't need to decompile and recompile unless you are modifying the CONTENTS of the xml. In this case you are simply replacing them.

SAShady

Jun 27, 2008
I believe the transition animations are in blur-res.apk or moto-res.apk.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These are the transition animations from MotoBlur.

I was unable at this point to find where the screen rotation animations are but I'll keep investigating.

the framework-res file is for PhantomHacker's Starburst ROM v1.3
    You can just push the file via adb or Root Explorer (?).

I have also attached the transition animations stand-alone. They need to be injected in framework-res.apk/res/anim and they are compatible with all ROM releases.
    Where do we push the framework-res file to?

/system/framework/
    works like a charm, thanks OP. (used 7zip to replace res/anim with anim.zip)

cant wait til you get your hands on those rotation animations. maybe this could help but i bet youve already seen this:

http://hotfile.com/dl/122984343/f518479/motoblurframework.zip.html

couldnt find anything to point to the xml that covers rotation animations
    I haven't looked but on htc's it was a folder that could be replaced and I've done it several times with 7zip and had no issues.

it is the same i did it on one of my batt mods the closed the .zip and flashed and all was ok
    For the record...Heres what i did step by step
    1. Extract framework-res.apk from your rom of choice found in system/framework/
    2. Open it with 7zip (or whatever zip program you use) on my PC
    3. Delete the framework-res.apk\res\anime folder and replaced it with the one in the OP
    4. Copy to the sd card
    5. Using root explorer, got to /system/framework and replace the existing framework-res.apk with the one you just modified. ( make sure you backup the old framework file first just incase)
    6. once you do this you will get a ton of FC's, never fear, just to a soft reset and you are good to go.. you might have to change your wallpaper back to whatever you had before. Mine changed for some reason.

This is exactly what i did and it works perfectly for me. Im running it on Midnights 2.0 rom

and as usual im not responsible if you Eff your phone up.. just sharing information

Ive included the modified Framework-res.apk specifically for Midnight rom v2.0
    if thats not cool ill take it down..