[Q] Keyboard doesn't save my 'own' words! Bug?

Search This thread

easygoingx

Sep 30, 2012
Hey everyone,

I recently noticed weird things happening with my phone. The most annoying thing is that my Samsung keyboard doesn't save my words to the dictionary. It's saved for the moment when I have the keyboard in use. Once I close the chat and the keyboard is gone, the next time, the words I just 'saved' are gone. Also all my previous words I saved before were deleted?

Can anybody help? This is so annoying! :(

Thanks in advance.

Dahdoul

Sep 7, 2013
You might go to settings then language & input then Samsung keyboard scroll down then rest settings

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

easygoingx

Sep 30, 2012
You might go to settings then language & input then Samsung keyboard scroll down then rest settings

Didn't help :( I wonder what happened. I also cannot find my 'clipboard'? Where all my copied texts and images are saved when the keyboard is opened? Can you help please?

Dahdoul

Sep 7, 2013
Didn't help :( I wonder what happened. I also cannot find my 'clipboard'? Where all my copied texts and images are saved when the keyboard is opened? Can you help please?

Try this it should work go to settings then applications manager then all then scroll down alphabetically and look for samsung keyboard and clear data.

If didn't work i think you need to factory rest yor device but backup all your data first.

easygoingx

Sep 30, 2012
Didn't work. I was so sure that your post would help.

What exactly is going to be deleted when I factory reset? How can I backup data from my apps? I'm not rooted... Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

easygoingx

Sep 30, 2012
Try this it should work go to settings then applications manager then all then scroll down alphabetically and look for samsung keyboard and clear data.

If didn't work i think you need to factory rest yor device but backup all your data first.

Forgot to quote... see my post above.

Dahdoul

Sep 7, 2013
Didn't work. I was so sure that your post would help.

What exactly is going to be deleted when I factory reset? How can I backup data from my apps? I'm not rooted... Thanks in advance.

Factory reset is going to erase all your data including pic, music, apps and... ETC if they stored in your internal Sd card

You are not rooted so the best way to backup your data and apps including the pic and music is by downloading Kies 3 from here
http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/