[Q] Odd touch screen problem

Search This thread

Feenwolf

Oct 1, 2012
Alirght. so i have been searching through xda and really all of the web trying to find if anyone else has this problem. Problem is that i have no touch. I purchased a brand new screen, tested it on a friends s3 and it worked great. but on my s3 it wont do anything. i should have tested their screen on my motherboard but i really didnt want to wreck there screen if i have some fluke hardware problem. Usb debugging not enabled. not rooted. stock rom. so basically i have nothing to work with i guess? any help would be very greatly appreciated!! thanks!

ghostofcain

Nov 25, 2009
Birkenhead
Google Pixel 8
Alirght. so i have been searching through xda and really all of the web trying to find if anyone else has this problem. Problem is that i have no touch. I purchased a brand new screen, tested it on a friends s3 and it worked great. but on my s3 it wont do anything. i should have tested their screen on my motherboard but i really didnt want to wreck there screen if i have some fluke hardware problem. Usb debugging not enabled. not rooted. stock rom. so basically i have nothing to work with i guess? any help would be very greatly appreciated!! thanks!

Either it's your MB or you've shorted the screen whilst fitting it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Feenwolf

Oct 1, 2012
thats really not what i was hoping haha, the capacative buttons still work. i was hoping to try flashing a different rom but with usb debugging off it doesnt get recognised in download mode. have found a thread about turning it on with adb just havent gotten that far yet. might be the route i need to go.