Search This thread

baadnewz

Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2008
Bucharest
insertcoin-roms.org
as i said in changelog, this version comes without APM / EQS / Tweaks app etc.

No the older ones won't work and even if they did most probably would have hidden bugs.

The base has just been released. give it time for people to update their mods, stop with the demanding attitude, nobody here on xda is obliged to give you anything.

As i also mentioned in changelog this branch of sense 3.6 rom will come ONLY with speed optimization. I can't port stuff from older bases without a phone.

take it or leave it.

bkcheah75

Jul 3, 2010
Penang
Ok. I flashed the Insertcoin 6.0.0 and latest firmware from baad. Hopefully it will fix the time slow problem and youtube portrait view with brightness dim problems that I found on 5.5.0 version. Thank you.

_andrea_

Jan 21, 2011
Prato
One question: can I flash a 3.32 rom with the 3.33 firmware (obviously flashing the matching ril )? I'm asking in the case of reverting IC 5.5..

Reactions: Gramzz

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
One question: can I flash a 3.32 rom with the 3.33 firmware (obviously flashing the matching ril )? I'm asking in the case of reverting IC 5.5..

Yes, the two firmwares are the same apart from radio I think.
P.S I've been speaking to people who have applied the new base via OTA and it looks like htc have finally fixed all the bugs like exchange mail bug and the bug where some people get "Android is Optimizing Applications" on every boot as well as the other bugs that I'm too lazy to write out :p

Reactions: Gramzz and _andrea_

wbb1

Apr 3, 2012
I just upgrade to Insertcoin 6.0.0, and i can find some immidiate changes from my old version "InsertCoin_ICS_STABLE_5.2.0" i had installed

First its like the stock version feel, its doesnt have the tweaks that it had for example the percentage tag on the battery bar that used to tell me my battery was 38% now its just a little block of green.

another thing i found is i have the visual graphics back before i had set it to basic to just load the pages now it merges back into it when entering passcode and closing pages.

also i get this anoying red line around the screen all the time. when i load pages or go through settings it freezes a bit and has a thick red line going around not sure what its about, will try rebooting again to see if it removes.

Is there a way to get tweaks programs back to get it back to the way it was.

Also wifi button is missing from settings i have to go to another page to set up wifi to connect to my router, that i will find a nuisance since i use it alot all the other buttons are there but no wifi button.

bosslabs

Oct 16, 2010
I just upgrade to Insertcoin 6.0.0, and i can find some immidiate changes from my old version "InsertCoin_ICS_STABLE_5.2.0" i had installed

First its like the stock version feel, its doesnt have the tweaks that it had for example the percentage tag on the battery bar that used to tell me my battery was 38% now its just a little block of green.

another thing i found is i have the visual graphics back before i had set it to basic to just load the pages now it merges back into it when entering passcode and closing pages.

also i get this anoying red line around the screen all the time. when i load pages or go through settings it freezes a bit and has a thick red line going around not sure what its about, will try rebooting again to see if it removes.

Also wifi button is missing from settings i have to go to another page to set up wifi to connect to my router, that i will find a nuisance since i use it alot all the other buttons are there but no wifi button.

In other words this version sucks. I said the same thing in the previous page and was quickly flamed by the dev saying I was "demanding" things.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app

KAwAtA

Jan 15, 2010
In other words this version sucks. I said the same thing in the previous page and was quickly flamed by the dev saying I was "demanding" things.

I don't think you should be rude anyways, won't help. Like many others... Just use another rom! I did as well. This Dev has the One X and is mainly over there now, no point in using a barely supported rom

retro1010

Sep 2, 2009
What everyone seems to fail to understand is that for the past year, baad has provided nearly daily ROM updates for 4 different versions to keep our old phones on the cutting edge of Android. My count could be wrong, but I have over 160 roms on my computer from baad that I have installed.

He is like family as far as I'm concerned.

I had a few problems with nearly every update but if you look back through the thread I doubt you can find one negative thing I said to him.

Baad, I appreciate everything you have done for my phone and myself.

I wish all the haters would just GTFO. Go by a new phone, switch roms, start deving your own ****. Simply die.

I wish I could get a one X, I just won't until development stops for the sensation, or it breaks. Till then I'll keep sporting my insert con.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda app-developers app

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011

1. dont dissrespect devs
2. baad no longer has a sensation so please tell me how on earth he is supposed to test things, this is, I assume, why this is an optimized stock version without stuff ported.
3. no doubt you will reply to number 2 by saying he could send files to users to test - well here is my answer to that, end users are extremely bad at providing detailed bug reports, usually rom devs just get crap like "this is broke, u fix this now". we dont often get logcats, even though it is often the best way to debug problems and I have seen every major rom developer ask users for logcats at least once and guess what happens, we dont get them. Its hard enough to debug stuff when the dev cant emulate the problem on his/her own phone but its even worse when you dont even have the phone anymore.
4. baad has been with the sensation community for a long time, but everyone gets a new phone eventually and most just stop devving for the old phone straight away, has baad done that? no, so its extremely ungratefull and rude to post that the rom is sh*t and other troll posts, you got a problem, use a different rom, simple.

On behalf of the insertcoin users who want a nice clean thread, I think i will be reporting any more flaming posts to the moderators who will hopefully bring a fire extinguisher along because I forgot mine :D

timothyjok

May 1, 2007
MA
What everyone seems to fail to understand is that for the past year, baad has provided nearly daily ROM updates for 4 different versions to keep our old phones on the cutting edge of Android. My count could be wrong, but I have over 160 roms on my computer from baad that I have installed.

He is like family as far as I'm concerned.

I had a few problems with nearly every update but if you look back through the thread I doubt you can find one negative thing I said to him.

Baad, I appreciate everything you have done for my phone and myself.

I wish all the haters would just GTFO. Go by a new phone, switch roms, start deving your own ****. Simply die.

I wish I could get a one X, I just won't until development stops for the sensation, or it breaks. Till then I'll keep sporting my insert con.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda app-developers app

Ditto over and over!!!

theooo

Jul 3, 2010
Jakarta
OnePlus 5T

Read read read, insertcoin 6.0.0 comes without any visual change!

all those tweaks and wifi icon in quick settings tabs came from EQS mod/leedroid tweak and other mod, and it's not updated to new 3.33 base. If you want it so badly, port it by urself!

Can you imagine baad should port all those mods without a phone?

Even he can, then you guys will be whining about the bug that he can't re-create because once again, he did not have the phone....

Holy cr*p....
Please think before you complain or posting here...

baadnewz

Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2008
Bucharest
insertcoin-roms.org
well it seems that are to sides :)

side 1 people who blame and *****:
for this side i can only tell this. I have provided changelog and specified there that this rom will NOT have APM / EQS / Tweaks app and the rest. if you ddn't read that or didn't understood is not my problem.
so by no reason i made unfounded claims about this rom
Also for those demanding. I am under no obligation to fulfill your wishes. You don't like what i offer go ahead and change rom, or even better make your own rom. prove us how good and talented you are.

side 2.
people who take my side. I appreciate this a lot, believe me, but please don't send side 1 to death, worst case scenario you would be the one getting infractions, i wouldn't want you to suffer because of me. Just ignore them or tell them nicely
and again. thank you for your support.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2myc5es.png

Before you start using this rom here are some things you need to know

1. Suggestions are always welcomed but I hate requests - you want something so bad do it your self or ask HTC. you paid them not me.

2. Don't ask for ETA is rude and offensive. When is done is done.

3. Custom Roms come without warranty. They are tested before release but something always can go bad. So if you broke your phone or you got fired because the alarm didn't rang - IT IS NOT MY PROBLEM!

4. Support is limited. Sometimes i can answer your questions sometimes i don't have the time, sometimes i don't have an answer so please do no repeat your question or get offended because I haven't answered you

5. Don't compare roms. Is rude and offensive for chefs. if other rom has what you need, use that rom.

6. You can use any parts of the ROM as you please. You can even kang the rom and make "your" ROM. I really don't care

By using the rom you agree with the above terms!

Latest firmware HERE

Today's offer is Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 with Sense 3.6 .

What you get:

- Base: 3.32.401.105 Final RUU
    - IceCreamSandwich 4.0.3
    - Deodexed
    - Init.d support
    - Rooted
    - Improved SQLIte
    - Improved GPU configuration
    - GPU Acceleration ON
    - Ad-free
    - APKs optimized to speed up and reduced memory footprint
    - Removed HTC Sniffing Tools
    - Tons of tweaks and optimizations
    - system mounted as RW with barrier=0 option

CHANGELOG

DOWNLOADS

DONORS - THANK YOU ALL
    Support

Aditional Resources

Users signatures made by VladNosferatu

Users signatures made by jerrytan93

User signatures made by CloudyX

InsertCoin ART

Why? as I mention earlier, when mummy and daddy fight, is the kids who suffer so i'll do my best not to make the kids suffer.

Fresh start. Thread rating is gone.. thread views the same
    yes. you are right, finish will be a better word.

Here is the explanation for my decision

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26035425&postcount=1101

and if makes anyone feel better, same thing happened to one x rom.. reason .. in the link above
    yes i forgot to add "check by default unknown sources" but keep in mind that

1. i did 4 roms over the weekend when i was visiting my grandparents, probably most of ppl would have thrown the laptop away and open it monday
    2. if im not mistaken IC is the ONLY rom that provides this addon, many things you take for granted in this rom, are made everytime there is a new base. lots of things happening behind the scenes so you can enjoy the final product.

but more and more people care less about this, i'm not saying all, but everyday new users come to xda, they don't read, they don't search, they only demand ! i'm getting a bit tired of all this.

When i started to make roms, the only goal was to make a rom the way i like it Period ! over the time i started to oblige users requests, offering mods, later optional in installs, and in the last period interactive install. but heh is never enough.

I'm starting to loose the passion for this, i know i can't please all, you may not like it, it's fine, it's not my goal to make anyone happy, but if you don't like don't take a dump on my work, don't use it, or make a nice suggestion it ENGLISH not engrish and not with a demanding attitude.

examples " i will switch rom coz of no auto-restore " lol wtf dude, is not like you flash this rom every hour. is not like you have to wipe on every update, and even so, you can't live without it, switch roms and move on.