No Service/No Signal/No Data? Look here [T-Mobile USA Only]

Search This thread

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
Tired to No signal or edge or even no data?

A Signal Booster/Repeater is your answer!!!

Here's a Video of my signal booster : Uploading In Progress

If you are on T-Mobile Postpaid Look below
So you are postpaid, If you call in t-mobile and ask if you quality for a signal booster as you do not have good service in home but you do outside.

Certain requirements though to get one you need to live in a single family home and not in a apartment complex the reason is because E911 wont locate you and they cannot dispatch police right away* See ALL requirements here http://support.t-mobile.com/community/coverage/signal-booster

They also require you to be a valued customer (having more than 1 postpaid line) in my case i had 5

If you are successful like I did you will get one for free and I also got it 1 day overnight express

a7epynub.jpg

======================================================================================================

If you are on T-Mobile Prepaid or not meeting the requirements for a Cel-FI RS2 on Postpaid below this text
Calling in won't do anything because you're prepaid and not postpaid and you have no obligations with them for example EIP
Sorry to say, you aren't getting this one for free you can buy a Cel-FI Rs2 like postpaid from T-Mobile or Nextivity
or go a cheaper route and buy a Cel-fi RS1 on eBay they sell for about 130 - 150 bucks i got mine for 119 bucks
Theres no real difference with the RS1 and RS2 its just the RS2 has a bit higher signal output than the RS1 Coverage wise compared. i only saw 1 room difference ( RS2 Full signal everywhere, RS1 All but 1 room no signal )

The RS2 Can boost AWS 1700/2100 and PCS 1900 (PCS 1900 Available only in certain markets)
RS1 Can only boost AWS 1700/2100 (most if not all markets have this)

Just eBay search T-Mobile signal booster and you'll find it

Last edited:
Reactions: pwrmedia

jimburke57

Oct 30, 2010
How is the coverage where you are located? I live on the edge of 3G coverage, and they told me last week that I had to have 3G on the coverage map in order to qualify for the booster. I can pick up 1 bar of 3G at the back of my house, but that was not good enough for them.

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
How is the coverage where you are located? I live on the edge of 3G coverage, and they told me last week that I had to have 3G on the coverage map in order to qualify for the booster. I can pick up 1 bar of 3G at the back of my house, but that was not good enough for them.

I can pickup 1 bar at the back of my house on the coverage map it says "Good" yours was probably satisfactory.
they also added a new cell site in my area 1 week after i got the booster so its okay for the parts where i had 1 bar so i reverse positioned it
placed the window unit where i now get 5 bars and the coverage unit in the back of my house were it used to repeat and boost that 1 bar signal

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
wow, so a 20 min call and its being shipped. CONFIRMED. this will be great for my work office. i am off the grid if i cant see a window.

You got it? and it doesn't have to be a window just somewhere that has signal keep in mind the RS2 has 4 Antennas inside which is better than the Nexus 5 and can pickup way better signal

_jordan_

Oct 2, 2013
Awesome thread. These are hard to get, and the information for them is not readily available on the internet, at least from .y searches.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mohamed Yaser

Nov 29, 2013
Try to format system/data/cache and install kernel then rom again or restore nandroid back up:beer::):):)

myaser coder c++ java v basic.
Got 2 bcm21553 devices

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
Try to format system/data/cache and install kernel then rom again or restore nandroid back up:beer::):):)

myaser coder c++ java v basic.
Got 2 bcm21553 devices

this thread has nothing to do with flashing or w/e to gain signal back this is for people who have little to no signal at all with T-Mobile its a tower/hardware issue not software related

morkdaddy21

Mar 11, 2013
Just called T-Mobile, they are shipping the booster out and I should have it tomorrow, expedited shipping! If you're postpaid, it could not be simpler to get one of these from T-Mobile, just give them a call. Thank you OP for bringing this to our attention.

jimmyjoebob

Jun 3, 2010
If you are on T-Mobile Prepaid or not meeting the requirements for a Cel-FI RS2 on Postpaid below this text
Calling in won't do anything because you're prepaid and not postpaid and you have no obligations with them for example EIP
Sorry to say, you aren't getting this one for free you can buy a Cel-FI Rs2 like postpaid from T-Mobile or Nextivity
or go a cheaper route and buy a Cel-fi RS1 on eBay they sell for about 130 - 150 bucks i got mine for 119 bucks
Theres no real difference with the RS1 and RS2 its just the RS2 has a bit higher signal output than the RS1 Coverage wise compared. i only saw 1 room difference ( RS2 Full signal everywhere, RS1 All but 1 room no signal )

There is a big difference between the two.

The RS1 uses AWS 1700/2100 Mhz only.
The RS2 uses both 1900 Mhz and AWS 1700/2100 Mhz.

Beauenheim

Sep 12, 2012
Google Pixel
Google Pixel XL
I tried this but they ended up running me through the standard trouble shooting and at the end told me that there is maintenance at the towers and to see if it clears up in 48 hours.

But that was with the live chat. I'll try again in 2 days anyways but actually call them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tired to No signal or edge or even no data?

A Signal Booster/Repeater is your answer!!!

Here's a Video of my signal booster : Uploading In Progress

If you are on T-Mobile Postpaid Look below
    So you are postpaid, If you call in t-mobile and ask if you quality for a signal booster as you do not have good service in home but you do outside.

Certain requirements though to get one you need to live in a single family home and not in a apartment complex the reason is because E911 wont locate you and they cannot dispatch police right away* See ALL requirements here http://support.t-mobile.com/community/coverage/signal-booster

They also require you to be a valued customer (having more than 1 postpaid line) in my case i had 5

If you are successful like I did you will get one for free and I also got it 1 day overnight express

a7epynub.jpg

======================================================================================================

The RS2 Can boost AWS 1700/2100 and PCS 1900 (PCS 1900 Available only in certain markets)
    RS1 Can only boost AWS 1700/2100 (most if not all markets have this)

Just eBay search T-Mobile signal booster and you'll find it
    Can anyone describe the setup process for this thing? Does it need its own service plan, or will it automatically connect to T-Mobile and start boosting signals?

I'm on prepaid, but I'll never switch carriers. Been with T-Mobile for a while but I live in an apartment building. May have to buy one on eBay.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It will connect on its own and start boosting no plan or account connection required remember this is a booster not a microcell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk