Q&A/T For [Kitkat] CM11 Android 4.4.4 for the Droid X

Search This thread

Merlin11

Mar 7, 2014
Hi guys Ive decided to try this rom but cant find a good link to download the Framaroot.apk file? All the links Ive found are bad even the youtube vid about this file has been deleted? When I try the link here I get "Restricted Content"? Can someone post a link to this apk file? Also Ive read sooo many pages of info on this rom's install but Iam wondering if there is a link the the most up to date how to install this on my Droid X? Thanks

Last edited:

Oggie7797

Jan 10, 2014
Jordan, Arkansas
Hi guys Ive decided to try this rom but cant find a good link to download the Framaroot.apk file? All the links Ive found are bad even the youtube vid about this file has been deleted? When I try the link here I get "Restricted Content"? Can someone post a link to this apk file? Also Ive read sooo many pages of info on this rom's install but Iam wondering if there is a link the the most up to date how to install this on my Droid X? Thanks
@sd_shadow

Merlin11

Mar 7, 2014
I already have my ph rooted a bootstrap loader and super user installed. Do I still need to use Framaroot.apk?

F

fidelis1

Do you guys have any plans to do a repo sync/update to bring the Droid X version of CM11 in line with the last official version of CM11 released by Cyanogen?

Oggie7797

Jan 10, 2014
Jordan, Arkansas
Do you guys have any plans to do a repo sync/update to bring the Droid X version of CM11 in line with the last official version of CM11 released by Cyanogen?

Probably not. There isn't many changes other than some wakelocks and stagefeight patches. Wakelocks would be nice but I doubt anybody has cm11 repo on their computers anymore and as far stagefeight goes let's be serious, nobody is using this as a daily so no real information will be stolen.

Reactions: sd_shadow
F

fidelis1

Are you guys are still working on [Lollipop] CM12 Android 5 for the Droid X?

F

fidelis1

Sadly no. Quarx stopped on the defy and m.ksy disappeared and I have no real experience bringing up a device tree for a new android version. I always use existing device trees for my builds that require basic tweaking to compile on different ROMs.

Thanks for the reply. I have also received confirmation from m.ksy via private message that CM12 development for the Droid X is dead.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting

Specific to

[Kitkat] CM11 Android 4.4.4 for the Droid X

Click link here>> (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2670547) <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
    I got HDMI video out to work on cm-11-20140713-UNOFFICIAL-shadow with realHDMI app.
    took a minute or more
    @kawkaw2 you really don't get this do you? Cwm=an old outdated recovery to flash ROMs. Twrp=the future of after market recovery.

It is literally impossible to mess up your droid x. Unless you start messing with partitions..... @m.ksy ;) ........which I highly doubt you will be doing, you'll be fine. If you mess up and can't boot then you can ALWAYS boot into bootloader mode and use a .sbf to go back to stock. If you need an sbf just in case, @sd_shadow is our lil wizard :) he has a Google doc that even the noobiest of noobs can use to download and use guides. Its made in a way that you'd have to be either blind, or dead, to not be able to do. With that said, enjoy and have fun. Lol

Tap'd from my Bionic
    Howdy :)

I've begun researching the possibility of taking my clunky old Verizon DroidX that's been disconnected from a phone# and applying a custom Rom in the hopes of improving its performance.

After receiving considerable help from @sd_shadow with getting OtterX working beautifully on my KF, I'm feeling brave enough to try something similar now.

The 1st step I've taken was to use "Android Device Drivers Install" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_KPGUMzrjU (VERY informative) youtube video by Rootjunky.com

I successfully used "How to Root Droid X & Droid 2 on Android V2.3.4" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w543XNIExWo to get it rooted - YAY.

Next is getting a nandroid backup done. I was just about to purchase "Droid X Recovery Bootstrap" - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.droidx.bootstrap from the Play Store for $3 but then I noticed a wise man said "if Droid X bootstrap works for you great, but don't be surprised if it causes a bootloop"

I know that the next logical step is to be able to restore the device before going any further. I'm thinking CWM is a good way to go.

I need advice as far as which specific goal I should be shooting for as far as the best recommended final ROM based on your successes with my configuration. I really do like CM11/4.4.4 a whole lot.

Any Suggestions please?

System version = 45.621.10.MB810.Verizon.en.US
    Android version = 2.3.4
    Kernel Version - 2.6.32.9-g3e80c7a
    Build number = 4.5.1_57_DX9-10
    ERI = 5
    PRL = 52826

Thanks in advance for reading this and possibly even considering to point me in the right direction.
    Do not use the droid x bootstrap from play store, it was designed for froyo not gingerbread. If you would like to buy one pick droid 2 or 3, but the modified one in the op is best.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk
    Who knows what IDIODICY lurks in the BRAINS OF NEWBS? The Shadow knows!!!

use camera button to select options, you used power button right?
    just press power once more, to see options again, then press camera button

Yep, quite right. I now see the confirmation dialog 8 lines down ... there it goes now.
    Data wipe complete.
    Thanks a lot!

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

I really am truly amazed at how wonderful this all turned out.

You guys really provide a fantastic service to us all!
    @Oggie7797 & @sd_shadow my heartfelt gratitude to you as well.