Samsung Exhibit 4G

Search This thread

buzzkill88

Apr 3, 2012
Murray
thanks

I have not built any ROMs (I have written some simple apps in JAVA), but I think you are going to need linux (maybe you could get by with something like eclipse - very helpful utility - but I don't know if you could test it w/o Linux). The link from Lifehacker below has some good info. I created a bootable flash drive with linux mint - which is really cool (I mean the bootable flash drive, but mint is pretty good as well - I know some of the "real" programmers use Ubuntu and Mint is a more user - friendly version of Ubuntu).

ok so i went ahead and downloaded ubuntu and when i go to write it to a disk using infrarecorder i cant find it i have tried redl'ing it a couple of times alread but to no avail can i just download it to my desktop (xp) and burn it from there i want to try my hand at making apps and writing roms and the such any help would be appreciated

sunny_luthras

Jul 14, 2010
need complete Samsung_Exhibit_Stock_2.3.3.tar for t759

respected members,
my t759 is bricked at ( firmware upgrade fial. try using recovery mode )
plz help me i need this complete file Samsung_Exhibit_Stock_2.3.3.tar
hotfile and wupload links are not working
plz share if any1 having
regards...

Narkul

Nov 6, 2011
He bricked it, but says he has it working again. He also says he got CWM to boot, but it would not stay on the phone. Sounds likes he's close. I hope so, because this phone has spanked and sent packing everyone else who has tried.:p

pmp326

Oct 26, 2010
can someone upload my files factory.fs my computer crashed i found everything but that......please help me

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
If someone can find me a working link of all the files that were hosted on sites that are now down, I can make a mirror for you guys on sourceforge which will have a really low chance of disappearing.

Come on more than a few of you have the files, help your fellow exhibit users out. Upload it to mediafire

hazerdean

Apr 13, 2012
hey guys, i'm a total noob, but im rooted thru a program called unlock root you just download it, plug-in your phone, hit the button, and ur done its really easy heres the link: WAIT NO sorry made this account today so cant post links, just google unlock root windows only i think. Also, what apps can you remove (I'm using Root Uninstaller) and how do you overclock to 1.4? tegrak only lets me go to 1.3

rhynokilla

Sep 29, 2011
fayetteville nc
hey guys, i'm a total noob, but im rooted thru a program called unlock root you just download it, plug-in your phone, hit the button, and ur done its really easy heres the link: WAIT NO sorry made this account today so cant post links, just google unlock root windows only i think. Also, what apps can you remove (I'm using Root Uninstaller) and how do you overclock to 1.4? tegrak only lets me go to 1.3

Pay for the app

sent from my 1300mhz OC'ed Exhibit 4g

mesuprakash

Apr 17, 2012
samsung exhibit 4g

It's gonna take a while for the files to finish, but I mirrored them to our sourceforge site:
exhibit4g-stock-rom-odin.7z
You can open the file using 7zip (download)
i downloaded all the files which you gave but i dont know how to use it... is it stock rom 2.3.3
one more question sir is there any procedure to upgrade my exhibit 4g 2.3.3 to 2.3.6 or ics rom
please sir tell me... i am a new member of the xda

Tolva

Apr 17, 2012
my phones messed up

ok I have the exhibit 4g and i'm experiencing two problems.

First of my phone isn't recognizing and computer and vise versa. I connect the USB cord and have tried to connect to multiple computers and it won't recognize it. I don't think it could be a driver problem on the computer either because I've tried multiple computers and experienced the same thing as well the fact that even if it was drivers wouldn't the options on the phone for mass storage, kies, and media player still come up? I'm lost on how to fix this.

Second, I got the phone off of a friend because they couldn't get it to work and said I could have it if I got it working. The problem is no matter what I do when I put in the TMobile sim card it says "searching" then says "No Service" even though when I put the sim in another phone it works perfectly. I'm not sure what could be causing this but since I didn't buy the phone off tmobile sending it in isn't an option :(

Hopefully someone could point me in the right direction on how to solve this because this phone seems pretty cool if only I could get it working.

rhynokilla

Sep 29, 2011
fayetteville nc
ok I have the exhibit 4g and i'm experiencing two problems.

First of my phone isn't recognizing and computer and vise versa. I connect the USB cord and have tried to connect to multiple computers and it won't recognize it. I don't think it could be a driver problem on the computer either because I've tried multiple computers and experienced the same thing as well the fact that even if it was drivers wouldn't the options on the phone for mass storage, kies, and media player still come up? I'm lost on how to fix this.

Second, I got the phone off of a friend because they couldn't get it to work and said I could have it if I got it working. The problem is no matter what I do when I put in the TMobile sim card it says "searching" then says "No Service" even though when I put the sim in another phone it works perfectly. I'm not sure what could be causing this but since I didn't buy the phone off tmobile sending it in isn't an option :(

Hopefully someone could point me in the right direction on how to solve this because this phone seems pretty cool if only I could get it working.

Ok I have plenty of experience with this. Ur issue with the connection is either the USB cord or the computer or the drivers. I had the same problem first it was the USB cable then I also didn't download the correct drivers. When u plug ur phone into the computer the computer should recognize the phone and install the correct driver ..... as far as ur signal issue that is because someone was trying to flash the phone. Download Odin ( I use Odin 1.85) and flash the modem.bin for this phone on the phone tab.... plenty of tutorials on this. But first u need to find. Ur phone not connected to computer make sure in debugging mode

sent from my 1300mhz OC'ed Exhibit 4g

Tolva

Apr 17, 2012
Modem.bin

Does anyone have the modem.bin for this phone I found bunch of them but not sure which one this phone uses.

SpencerRelly

Jan 2, 2012
Denver
Man I'm really starting to feel discouraged. Is this phone just going to remain dead? Is the dude who purchased the phone to dev made any progress?

Sent from my SGH-T759 using XDA

Tolva

Apr 17, 2012
Okay I have the usb connection back and i've been flashing modem.bin files but I cant get one to work. Does it have to be a specific one and is there something I have to do to activate it.

rhynokilla

Sep 29, 2011
fayetteville nc
Okay I have the usb connection back and i've been flashing modem.bin files but I cant get one to work. Does it have to be a specific one and is there something I have to do to activate it.

ok here we go I'm fix u up. ill attach the modem.bin to this post for the US. Now on Odin when ur flashing the modem click the phone tab it will let u select .bin files ...... leave everything else empty (PDA,csc,bootloader) DO NOT REPARTITION !!!!!!

Attachments

• modem.zip
    9 MB · Views: 352
Last edited:

mesuprakash

Apr 17, 2012
samsung exhibit 4g(t-759)

csn any one tell me how to flash android 2.3.6 on samsung exhibit 4g? because there is no OTA sevice.. please sir anyone knows tell me... because i searchd it evry where bt i did nt found till now... i want to upgrade with 2.3.6 rom...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heres something for the ADB newbs, it pushes the zergrush, SU and all that. One click :D I took the one for the amaze 4g, added the samsung zergrush File and it works GREAT. i just ran it on my Exhibit and its very newbie proof. Just Unzip. make sure your phones connected to the PC with the correct drivers and click the .bat file. does all the work for ya.

Be sure to hit thanks also.
    Congratulations everyone, the new zergRush update for Samsung phones released yesterday works on the Exhibit. I was able to successfully get root and install superuser. I now have permanent root on my Exhibit!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1296916
    thanks! also if anyone has the factory files saved could you email them thanks again ppielert@gmail.com

I'll see what i can do.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Link for STOCK FILES below guys.I put it in zip format to keep the size down for upload lol.Extract it, then extract the tar file and you will get the factoryfs.rfs, recovery.bin and zimage.Hopefully this site doesn't get shut down by the feds :D.

http://www.wupload.com/file/2657243107/Samsung_Exhibit_Stock_2.3.3.tar.zip
    I have rebooted several times and still have root.
    After pushing and running zergRush and getting root i remounted adb and ran the following commands

adb push su /system/bin
    adb push su /system/xbin
    adb shell
    chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
    chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
    exit
    adb install Superuser.apk

and my root has stuck just fine.
    Samsung released source codes

Few days ago I have noticed, that Samsung released source codes for Exhibit 4G.

As I bought this phone 3 weeks ago, and I am still unable to use it, I started wondering if I can build a new ROM without SIM lock.

I have never played with such thing before, so I would appreciate any hints. It took me couple of hours, but I successfully built a exhibit kernel and android OS with exhibit custom modules (exactly according to the readme.txt included with source codes).

Now I would like to flash them to my mobile, but I have to find out how to backup my current ROM... to be able to go back if anything goes wrong. I have searched, and found only instruction which required root access which we do not have.