[Boot Animation] Energy Star PC BIOS

Search This thread

Caferacer

Jul 18, 2007
My all time favorite boot animation on my S2 and Evo was a mock bios POST from an old motherboard (The ones that had ENERGY STAR on the top right and tested ram and displayed a POST). It brought back warm fuzzy nostalgia feelings from my first computers.

Anyways, because no one has made one yet for the N7, I decided to have a go. I made it show in landscape since I have the N7 in landscape 99% of the time. The first 2 zips are NOT flashable, so use a root explorer to put it in the /system/media folder. The last 3 are, and include a 'revert to stock' zip as well. If you manually place the zips, ensure the permissions are set at 'rx....r....r '.

For anyone curious, I used the application 'boot animation factory'. It's a windows program that worked flawlessly :D

And just FYI this is cross posted to reddit on the nexus 7 subreddit.

EDIT: User Spannaa was awesome and made flashable versions, as well as a 'revert to stock' flashable, which are attached below. They are the last 3 attachments.

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 1,377
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 3,756
  • Energy_Star_PC_BIOS_BootAnimation_Landscape.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 9,900
  • Energy_Star_PC_BIOS_BootAnimation_Portrait.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 10,539
  • Revert_to_Stock_BootAnimation.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 466
Last edited:

Caferacer

Jul 18, 2007
Care to check it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

I just checked it on my N7. Both the landscape and the portrait work fine when placed in the /system/media/ and renamed bootanimation.zip. For what it's worth, I'm using Root Explorer Lite. I reuploaded the attachment just in case.

will this work on stock 4.2.1 ?
thanks

Yes it will, so long as you have root or are very familiar with ADB. Otherwise there is no way to get the zip into the appropriate directory.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My all time favorite boot animation on my S2 and Evo was a mock bios POST from an old motherboard (The ones that had ENERGY STAR on the top right and tested ram and displayed a POST). It brought back warm fuzzy nostalgia feelings from my first computers.

Anyways, because no one has made one yet for the N7, I decided to have a go. I made it show in landscape since I have the N7 in landscape 99% of the time. The first 2 zips are NOT flashable, so use a root explorer to put it in the /system/media folder. The last 3 are, and include a 'revert to stock' zip as well. If you manually place the zips, ensure the permissions are set at 'rx....r....r '.

For anyone curious, I used the application 'boot animation factory'. It's a windows program that worked flawlessly :D

And just FYI this is cross posted to reddit on the nexus 7 subreddit.

EDIT: User Spannaa was awesome and made flashable versions, as well as a 'revert to stock' flashable, which are attached below. They are the last 3 attachments.
    Flashable zips

Hi Caferacer,

I've packaged your landscape version and psafx's modified portrait version of your Energy Star PC BIOS bootanimation into flashable zip files to make them easier to use.

I've also made a Revert to stock bootanimation flashable zip.

Hope that's OK.
    Hello Caferacer,

I would like to thank you for your boot animation.
    But I notice some glitch in the part1 picture so, I edited and repacked it.
    I'm sorry if this is not allow.

What I've done is:
    First, I re-arrange the 043-050 to make it clockwise cursor.
    Then in the part1, except the box all text is a little bit left by some pixel compare to the 056.png in part0

Thank you.
    Portrait version added!
    Hi Caferacer,

I've packaged your landscape version and psafx's modified portrait version of your Energy Star PC BIOS bootanimation into flashable zip files to make them easier to use.

I've also made a Revert to stock bootanimation flashable zip.

Hope that's OK.

That's awesome! I've never made a flashable before, and given the success of even putting my animation manually in there it's more than welcome to have an experienced person do it correctly. I'll edit my OP and attach them.

Thanks!