M99 Google 4s

Search This thread

zmaali

Jun 1, 2012
Orlando
Caller ID

Hello. This Phone will NOT identify which SIM 1 or SIM 2, that is receiving the call. I have updated everything, and rooted the phone. I tried different homescreens , caller ID apps, and even rocket dialer- No change. Please HELP... I have searched and scanned all the threads, and could not find someone that shares my problem.

andrew986

Mar 15, 2012
Ipswich
My new M99 has Android Version 2.3.6
Base Band Version: MAUI.11 AMD W11.37.SP V11.F1, 20/12/15 13:56
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7
Compilation Number: V1.0
Custom Build Version: V12.01.14

It came with the following problems:

-Requests two touches on the screen at the beginning of the call and the same to cut the call. Very annoying!
-Most annoying problem is a very high level tick sound in the middle of a call while the phone is at your ear and therefore it kills you!!!!!!
Does anyone knows how to solve these problems?
Thanks!!!

As the phone has no proximity sensor it cannot tell you are in a call, this means two taps on your face unlocks it, one more tap can switch it to speaker which as it comes out of the earpiece is rather dangerous to your hearing if there are high pitched beeps or clicks! -yes very annoying. I always lock my phone hitting the power button after dialing of receiving a call. Clicks could also be coming from the screen 'going crazy thing' I will be trying the tin foil too.

Mouratti

Sep 26, 2011
Hello Guys

I finally put my GPS working!
For who doesnt get this work i use this GPS Status & Toolbox on android market free, and solve my problem now i have this working
:good:

c00li0

Jul 19, 2012
Screen issue

So, I just flashed my M99 phone with the latest rom but I am having screen issues.

My touch screen response is upside down! For instance, the "slide" to unlock" is at the bottom of the screen but in order to unlock the screen I have to slide across the top of the screen to get to the main menu. The same goes for all other functions which is quite frustrating. The home, vol +, vol -, mute, and power button all work like the should but the touch screen response is upside down.

I also noticed that when you turn the phone to the side or upside down, it does not rotate. I made sure to even go into settings,brightness and turned on auto-rotate screen.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I have email fastcardtech.com but I have not received a response yet.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

*UPDATE* I just went into the diagnostic mode (Power plus Vol+) and did the touchmode test in freemode and when I move my finger down the touch screen, the line is drawn upward and vice versa so there is something up with my screen. Could it be a video driver issue or is it hardware related?

Last edited:

euro117

Nov 20, 2006
I have the same problem, after rooting my M99 the touch screen is upside down, really annoying.

Please advice.

So, I just flashed my M99 phone with the latest rom but I am having screen issues.

My touch screen response is upside down! For instance, the "slide" to unlock" is at the bottom of the screen but in order to unlock the screen I have to slide across the top of the screen to get to the main menu. The same goes for all other functions which is quite frustrating. The home, vol +, vol -, mute, and power button all work like the should but the touch screen response is upside down.

I also noticed that when you turn the phone to the side or upside down, it does not rotate. I made sure to even go into settings,brightness and turned on auto-rotate screen.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I have email fastcardtech.com but I have not received a response yet.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

*UPDATE* I just went into the diagnostic mode (Power plus Vol+) and did the touchmode test in freemode and when I move my finger down the touch screen, the line is drawn upward and vice versa so there is something up with my screen. Could it be a video driver issue or is it hardware related?

sandokan65

Nov 3, 2008
M99+Google Retina Screen

to whom it may concern,does anyone knows where and if is possible to find spare Batteries for the Google M99+Retina,the rectangular ones with 3800 mah...thks...Al

Last edited:

hunterhp

Jan 17, 2012
Fitchburg
www.newprepaidplan.com
Has anyone been able to find a fix for the inverted screen? I have the same problem and can't find any new Roms. The ROM that I flashed said mt6513 but we have the 6573, would that be what caused the problem?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

shamhezbollah

Oct 20, 2012
bujumbura
market issue problem solved on 98

Guys ..

To root this phone you have 2 options :

1- SuperOneClick 2.3.3

2- The Chinese root

both are listed at a thread called (Gooapple v5 issues) on this fourm . you also need to install the the drivers for this phone which btw are the same drivers for the GooApple v5 , cuz both phones use the MTK6573 .

for the market problem .. try to install an older market ver.

now I have the phone , but unfortunately things went south couple days ago when i installed some fonts from the android market and forgot to change the permissions . the phone now is stuck at start up logo ,, i tried the wipe and restore to factory options but nothing worked .. the only way i can get it to work is to flash it with the original rom again .i've contacted Fastcardtech to get the update.zip rom for the M99 Google 4s+ , but i haven't heard from them .

so if you have the update.zip rom for M99 Google 4s+ please post a link so i can download it ..

Thanks

translated from a website with google translate: >>>>>>>>>

Instructions: Market Update from 1.82 M98 Google 4GS + on Market 3.1.3
Hi,
after me this forum has helped a number of times, I would also like to make my small contribution. Curious how (s) so now time is, I wanted to have the latest version of the Market on my M98. My phone is the way with the standard Android GUI installed in version 2.2.1. So range is and googled, with moderate success, the thing does not let install, getting the message

"Application not installed" ......

After some tests I did but then managed.

- rooting phone with "z4root"
- Complete backup of apps + system! (in my Titanium Pro version costs)
- install Root Explorer
- Market apk version 3.1.3 Download (Google helps ) -> apk to SD card Copy - Start Titanium Backup -> Select Market (hold your finger for a long extended menu) - -> "Backup / Restore"> "Convert to user-application"

- back to "Backup / Restore" -> Market Briefly - > select "Uninstall" -> Confirm messages

- Root Explorer run (charge) -> "Mount R / W" -> change to sdcard and apk start - Install Application -> Confirm messages

- Start Titanium Backup -> Backup / Restore -> Market Select (with the fingers long and hold for extended menu) - "Convert to system application"> - Market Start -> done to get the old market

again, just uninstall the new Market in Titanium Backup and then from the backup list Old Market restore. Personally I went back to the old version back to me the new Market was chaotic and colorful. applies, "you can, but you do not" have. course you are at your own risk, that in the execution Instructions! Greetings verdeler

even other version of market works on my M98... 3.7.15 or higher...

simply just convert the actual market to "user application" using titanium backup after rooting with z4root. then uninstall the market... then install a latest version...

for other issues related to rom update.zip and market fix
type " M99 Google 4S+ Phone – Android Market Fix (Video demo) " on google and the result are there from talkinmobi dot com

Freemans100

Nov 6, 2012
problem with ROM

Hi ! Can't download the ROM with you link on chinese website even after registration. Would u be so kind to give some other link. Thanks a lot.

Mouratti

Sep 26, 2011
Sorry Pal I could not find any Photo or Brand...which Mobile phone you mean ?? M99+ or M99+Retina display ??? let me know,I have both Roms...Al

Hello i have m99+ and i have a rom that was in this topic (iguess the only difference is apple logo on boot), dont know if exist a recently one.

Thanks

sandokan65

Nov 3, 2008
Please I am very interested,are you completely sure that the model M99+Retina Display has a GPS ? why Z-device do not detect it,neither any app similar to GPS Status and Tools...??? thks a lot...Al

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Hello i have m99+ and i have a rom that was in this topic (iguess the only difference is apple logo on boot), dont know if exist a recently one.

Thanks
\\

Dated 2012/01/05 is the one Colonel Zap upload time ago,sorry to say but the sellers are not very interested for Rom updates once they have sold the product...and there are too many new models now..:angel:

sandokan65

Nov 3, 2008
Batteries for M99+Retina

Hello. This Phone will NOT identify which SIM 1 or SIM 2, that is receiving the call. I have updated everything, and rooted the phone. I tried different homescreens , caller ID apps, and even rocket dialer- No change. Please HELP... I have searched and scanned all the threads, and could not find someone that shares my problem.

Does anyone knows where can I purchase spare Batteries for the Google M99+ retina,the rectangular ones with 3800 mah ??? thks..Al

sandokan65

Nov 3, 2008
M99 GoogleS Retina

Hi, I just received my M99 Google 4S+ from fastcardtech.com, it is a good phone but I don't really like it due to it feeling too plasticy and a lack of proximity sensor so I am putting it up for sale. It still has the plastic on and I have rooted it and installed the market. I am selling for $130 shipping included and I am shipping from Canada.

Anybody interested please pm me.

Hello,if you mobile M99 is the Retina Display,I am interested cause I cant find Batteries for my M99+ (the rectangular ones with 3800maH)thanks in advance...Al

Attachments

• M99+Retina2.jpg
    M99+Retina2.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 4

sandokan65

Nov 3, 2008
M99 Google S Retina

Hello guys

Have any rom available now for this phone?
New one!?

thanks

Hello there,do you know where can I buy Batteries for the M99 GoogleS Retina (the rectangular ones with 3800 maH) Fastcardtech refuse to sale it to me,cause I did not buy my mobile there...thks in advance...Al

Attachments

• M99+Retina2.jpg
    M99+Retina2.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 9

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Great News ..

i finally gained access to my phone's root while looping through Android Commander and i've managed to reset the permissions to the fonts and now the phone is alive and kicking :)

@ von275 & Mouratti .. Thank you guys for offering to help i really appreciate it .

here's how to get any Androidmarket ver working on the M99 :

1- root your phone.
    2- install root explorer (attached)
    3- copy the attached file (Vending) to your phone's root (system/app) and make sure u set the permissions as follows:

Owner: Read /Write
    Group: Read
    Others: Read

To make Google sync work for contacts do the same as the above steps for these attached files :

1-GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter
    2-GoogleContactsSyncAdapter

btw. with root explorer you can remove all the unwanted chinese apps like youku etc. from your root (system/app) just don't go wild .. :)

i'll be coming back later on with more tweaks .. :D
    Hello

I have one of this this.
    And i like to root and first backup the room original one, how can i do that?

For root z4root works or not?
    How can i install the market anyone know?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

So I recently bought the m99 from fastcardtech, and rooted it easily with SuperOneClick. I am unable however to install ClockworkMod in any way or form on the device. It identifies itself as a G2x in the model, uses a MTK 6573 processor.

Anyone else have this phone and figure out a way, I'm completely lost and have search for a good week now trying to figure out a way to get ClockWorkMod on this thing.

(also I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in, since there is no forum for my phone model).

Hello

You have the M99 with Ui iphone?
    Did you have the room original? Was nice we get this room available, before try the OC and new rooms.

Any bugs find yet?

Thanks
    help me too.. is this a bug?
    Thanks!!!

I already solve my problem, if you can get the original rom, was great!!

But thanks for share!!

I just got one, check out my blog :)

http://colonelzap.blogspot.com/

Feedback is appreciated :)
    Hello does anyone have problems when making a phone call.. i do not understand
    just after calling sombody the screen locks .. till this OK.. but a few secons later
    the screen unlocks.. so with the ear touch starts to do things and it is not possible
    to call somebody.. !
    Hello, Robesti.
    Well never notice such thing, try to pay more attention while calling.

I received good news from Fastcardtech support team. Here is the answer.

"Dear customer

Yes,this phone also can install android UI

pls wait ,i have asked the factory to send me android UI

after i get it ,i will release it

Thanks and best regards

Fastcardtech support team"