***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!

Search This thread

Cyronex

Jan 25, 2013
Bricked T999 ??

Hi

My co-worker bought a T999 S3 and tried flashing a I9300 ROM...bad idea :eek:...
anyway now the phone is stuck on download mode when u start it.

is there any way out of this mess or the phone is bricked for good ?

Thanks.

Last edited:

...Awesome...

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 10, 2010
Chicago
plus.google.com

sooner4life

Feb 13, 2011
okemah,ok
Hello...is there anything one can do to get pc to recognize phone? It is a sgs3, rooted running domination, deviant kernel. Mtp driver is the problem. I have tried just about everything! Read page after page...uninstalled, installed kies drivers plug this plug that, do this from here, download this, download that....WTF? NOTHING WORKS...NOTHING?! Been throughout forums, bought several usb cables and sd cards. Odined (mobile version is the only way I could) back to stock unrooted. Last step is new phone. Thanks for your time. Sweet idea of a thread for people in dire straights!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild
Hello...is there anything one can do to get pc to recognize phone? It is a sgs3, rooted running domination, deviant kernel. Mtp driver is the problem. I have tried just about everything! Read page after page...uninstalled, installed kies drivers plug this plug that, do this from here, download this, download that....WTF? NOTHING WORKS...NOTHING?! Been throughout forums, bought several usb cables and sd cards. Odined (mobile version is the only way I could) back to stock unrooted. Last step is new phone. Thanks for your time. Sweet idea of a thread for people in dire straights!

Have you tried a different computer?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: sooner4life

sooner4life

Feb 13, 2011
okemah,ok
Yes sir I have tried 5 different pc's. My daughters pc came closest to connection. It updated the mtp driver but all it shos is the phone icon and says needs trouble shooting. I do this and again it says update mtp driver. When I try to update this it says best driver already installed. Ready to give up at this point. Thank you for responding!

Nov 22, 2012
Staten Island
Hello

I was wondering if i can somehow get the Samsung galaxy s III splash screen back because Im a bit OCD and i somehow lost it after flashing a few mods onto my device. I tried flashing the splashscreen itself but it doesn't seem to show anything. As of right now, the splashscreen is completely black, and it stays black until the boot animation appears. And as a side note, i see my splashscreen when i am entering recovery mode.

I am currently running CM10.1 Experimental M1 with The All Star Kernel.

...Awesome...

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 10, 2010
Chicago
plus.google.com
Yes sir I have tried 5 different pc's. My daughters pc came closest to connection. It updated the mtp driver but all it shos is the phone icon and says needs trouble shooting. I do this and again it says update mtp driver. When I try to update this it says best driver already installed. Ready to give up at this point. Thank you for responding!

I had this happened to me as well I uninstalled the drivers restarted the computer and then reinstalled the Samsung drivers worked like a charm try that.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: sooner4life

sooner4life

Feb 13, 2011
okemah,ok
Thank you for another response. No luck on my end . With all there is to do about this nothing has worked so I just ordered a new phone. Thanks to all who tried to help me in this situation, I really appreciate it! !

sky14

Sep 26, 2012
hey guys i need some help please im so frustrated
ive flashed many roms before and troubleshooted alot of the issues on my own i am new to androids but i am learning so any help would be greatly appreciated

I was on the Toasty rom for my tmobile s3 running mediocre i was having random restart problems so i decided to give the rootbox vanilla rom a try i dl the rom and gapps flashed it then phone started up and said everything crashed pretty much and kept repeat pop up of set up failed and continued to do so.

So i thought ok bad flash ill wipe and re flash i get into recovery and factory rest/wipe and all then i go to install and everything is gone!!!
All of my internal storage all of my backups everything.

Now my computer wont recognize my phone when i plug it in and the only way to use my external SD is putting it into my blackberry then copying the roms over but it wont read in my s3 recovery.

So my question is how can i get a rom over to my phone is there something else i can try ?

thanks
mikey

kadster007

Jan 30, 2009
New York
Crapped Out...

I messed up my phone BIG TIME. I have a N7 and the S3 and accidentally flashed the wrong rom on the S3. Now the phone doesn't even boot up, turn on, nothing?

At the very least i should have gotten recovery or even download but nothing. Blank screen.....

AHHHHHHHH

what to do?

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild
I messed up my phone BIG TIME. I have a N7 and the S3 and accidentally flashed the wrong rom on the S3. Now the phone doesn't even boot up, turn on, nothing?

At the very least i should have gotten recovery or even download but nothing. Blank screen.....

AHHHHHHHH

what to do?

You are hard bricked. Either send it in for repair somewhere, or play dumb with Tmobile.

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012
hey guys i need some help please im so frustrated
ive flashed many roms before and troubleshooted alot of the issues on my own i am new to androids but i am learning so any help would be greatly appreciated

I was on the Toasty rom for my tmobile s3 running mediocre i was having random restart problems so i decided to give the rootbox vanilla rom a try i dl the rom and gapps flashed it then phone started up and said everything crashed pretty much and kept repeat pop up of set up failed and continued to do so.

So i thought ok bad flash ill wipe and re flash i get into recovery and factory rest/wipe and all then i go to install and everything is gone!!!
All of my internal storage all of my backups everything.

Now my computer wont recognize my phone when i plug it in and the only way to use my external SD is putting it into my blackberry then copying the roms over but it wont read in my s3 recovery.

So my question is how can i get a rom over to my phone is there something else i can try ?

thanks
mikey

If Odin will see the phone, you need to flash the newest version of CWM/TWRP. This will fix the inability to read the external SD card.

Everything kept crashing (when it was working) because you flashed the wrong gapps. You need 20121212 for 4.2.1.

Reactions: sky14

sky14

Sep 26, 2012
If Odin will see the phone, you need to flash the newest version of CWM/TWRP. This will fix the inability to read the external SD card.

Everything kept crashing (when it was working) because you flashed the wrong gapps. You need 20121212 for 4.2.1.

how would i reflash the new cwm/twrp?

thanks alot for your help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have created this thread for all you SG-SIII Noobs & Senior Members!

The purpose of this thread is to limit the number of (sometimes useless) threads, that are created over a simple problem that can easily be solved by READING OR SEARCHING.

This is the Emergency thread!

*Did you run into a problem and need quick assistance?

*Do you have a question or concern about your SG-SIII device?

Don't panic just ask here and I or WE THE SG-SIII COMMUNITY will gladly help!
    Wow.. great idea for a thread and THANK YOU!!

Perfect timing too cause i need a little help please.

I am not new to android but new to samsung (WOW, didnt realize it would be so different from HTC ont he rooting and flashing side of things).

Long story short. I have a tmo s3. Bought it today and wanted to root. phone was working perfectly as it shoudl on stock rom unrooted. I downloaded the tool kit v7, used that to root adn install TWRP and rebooted into the stock rom that is now rooted. Still everything working perfect.
    Here is what i did next and where the issues start.

Downloaded Synergy r290, went to recovery.
    Wiped Cache, Dalvik, Data, and System (made a backup first)
    flashed the rom and rebooted to system

However, nothing ever happened. I see the samsung logo, then all goes black and nothing happens (left it there for 10min)

I cant seem to get back into recovery holding vol up, home and power either and have no adb access to use that. I AM able to get into download mode which i know i can fix my problem here with odin, but i am just not sure what to flash and where.

Is there an easier way??

Thanks in advance for any help!

If you absolutely can't get into recovery to restore your backup..

Flash the UVDLJA root66 file in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1949687 via odin. You will have the latest UVDLJA JB update, and will be rooted. From there, install goo manager from the play store to flash TWRP.

After that you're all set to flash whatever you want (just make sure it's for the Tmobile s3).

Ok, easy enough, but do i put that in the PDA field in Odin or phone?

This sounds MUCh easier than what i thought i would have to do.. thanks a ton!

Just upload the file to PDA and hit start. Make sure to let it finish completely, once the phone reboots, it's done.

thanks alot guys!!
    got it up and running
    ill be more careful from now on to make sure im flashing the right gapps!!!!
    ok i found the new version for twrp

but cant seem to find adb shell does anyone have a link for this?

Extract the twrp8.img from the zip file to your sdcard. Open terminal on your phone and type "su" then hit enter. Type "dd if=/sdcard/twrp8.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18" andd hit enter. Let it do it's thing and type "reboot recovery" and you should restart into the new recovery.

Its easier that ADB specially if you don't know what ADB is.

Edit: replace twrp8.IMG with the name of the one you downloaded
    Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2