[OTA] MA7 update.zip Download

Search This thread

na_tra

Feb 14, 2010
Go to twrp.com and download any twrp in tar option and flash it using odin once you do that use billards restore zip...the billards restore zip you gona flash that just follow the directions

EL BOSS GNII XDA PREMIUM..

I got the twrp in tar now. I put the phone into the download mode first. Open Odin then plug in the phone. I am using the Odin 3.04. The box under ID: COM light up in LIGHT BLUE with this inside 0:[COM4] or it has to be yellow? Here is what under the message box: <ID:0/004> Added! When I removed the phone, this is the message: <ID:0/004> Removed! Is that good or not good?After that, do i click PDA and select the twrp tar file?

Last edited:

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery
I got the twrp in tar now. In order for me to flash it using odin, I have to put the phone into the download mode first. Open Odin then plug in the phone. I am using the Odin 3.0.4. The box under ID: COM light up in LIGHT BLUE with this inside 0:[COM4] or it has to be yellow? After that, do i click PDA and select the twrp tar file?

Yes...try it, once you get a custom recovery all should be hopefully better.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: na_tra

bigbird2

Feb 14, 2011
san juan tx

Yes thats all good ....once your phone turns on go to billiards thread and read it and do excactly what is says to get back to stock ljc I did that and when I was stock ljc I format my sd card and reset phone and started fresh now im rooted and not goin to ma7 until we get more themed roms goodluck...

na_tra

Feb 14, 2010

OK. looking good. I am back into TWRP recovery mode now. The question is now how do i make TWRP to see the Billard412 ljc restore zip. Do i put it directly into the sd root or I have to create a folder with a specific name for it to see?

bigbird2

Feb 14, 2011
san juan tx
OK. looking good. I am back into TWRP recovery mode now. The question is now how do i make TWRP to see the Billard412 ljc restore zip. Do i put it directly into the sd root or I have to create a folder with a specific name for it to see?

Just reboot phone download billard412 direct from phone or computer and save to internal or external card then turn off phone and then go to recovery ..volume up power button and home button at same time and you are in twrp and look for billard412 zip and flash it but follow his directions on how to do it....

Reactions: na_tra

na_tra

Feb 14, 2010
Just reboot phone download billard412 direct from phone or computer and save to internal or external card then turn off phone and then go to recovery ..volume up power button and home button at same time and you are in twrp and look for billard412 zip and flash it but follow his directions on how to do it....

for whatever reason, it now sees the file in the sd root. I am flashing it right now.

SUCCESSFUL.

Should I wipecache/dalvik or just reboot system?

Thanks

na_tra

Feb 14, 2010
Did you flash billards zip

Yes I did. After I got the phone back to TWRP, I flashed billards zip and the message is SUCCESSFUL. Now, should i just reboot system or wipe cache/dalvik and then reboot system. I know what to do with my HP TP in CM9 but not so sure with the GN2.

simple man

Dec 25, 2010
Missouri
If your on the standard recovery and not TWRP that means it flashed, you could try a reboot and see if it boots this time.

na_tra

Feb 14, 2010
If your on the standard recovery and not TWRP that means it flashed, you could try a reboot and see if it boots this time.

I followed Skunk Ape1's instruction to factory reset in the system recovery. My sprint note 2 is now up and running again. Thanks again for all the help I got in the xda-developers community. ehehe, I am going to root it again. I just cant live without a rooted device.

Last edited:

simple man

Dec 25, 2010
Missouri
I followed Skunk Ape1's instruction to factory reset in the system recovery. My sprint note 2 is now up and running again. Thanks again for all the help I got in the xda-developers community. ehehe, I am going to root it again. I just cant live without a rooted device.

Glad you got it, I was praying you would. Sorry again for the wrong link, I guess I shouldn't try to help when I'm tired.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The OTA for MA7 just came out today and it's starting to hit phones left and right. For those who don't want to wait for it we managed to pull the update.zip this morning.* We're posting it here for you to enjoy!

To flash this your phone must be on 100% stock LJC and unrooted. It can only be flashed through Stock Recovery.

WARNING: Some people are reporting issues with trying to flash back to LJC after updating to MA7. If there is any possibility you'd want to go back to LJC after this please don't flash it.

Download:

Instructions:
    • Download the ma7 update to your PC and rename it to "update.zip" (without quotes).
    • Place the update.zip in the root directory of your External SD card.
    • Odin back to stock unrooted LJC. Available here: http://rwilco12.com/downloads.php?d...PH-L900)/Stock ROMs/LJC/Full Restore/Unrooted
    • Reboot to stock recovery. The "Three Finger Salute" works best. Hold down Volume Up, Home and Power until the Samsung Note 2 splash screen displays and then release.
    • Choose install update from external SDcard.
    • The device will automatically reboot after a successful flash.
    • Once booted up, device will display android updating in a countdown graph.
    Enjoy!
    I'll stick with MA5 for now too. I have no complaints at all.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

MA5 was just a leak and not official. MA7 is official. While I understand that's not all that important but there's a reason MA5 wasn't official.
    Just an FYI if all you want is root you can still use CF-Auto-Root while on MA7 to regain root access. I just did it without any issues.
    If your still stock ljc then just flash the ma7 update in Stock recovery.

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Nothing changed in how you install twrp. Why are people acting like this update in turns the phone into a fckn transformer or something? Its the same phone after you update. nothing changes

Well you gotta understand when people update there phone they wanna make sure they use the right root method, things sometimes change when there's updates so cut him some slack thats what the forums are for to help out each other not to bash them for asking a simple question.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
    Who is going to win the odexed and deodexed rooted zip race?
    :D

I hear rumors that one or two people already have some in the works... ;)