UBuntu Touch for LS970 (Sprint LG Optimus G)

Search This thread

Aremis117

Mar 27, 2014
GEE AHR
Hey guys

I have a completely unlocked ls970 and it is currently running cyanogenmod and I am enjoying it a ton but I would love to play with UBU Touch. Has anyone made a good and working install?

I am working on it myself but I have had errors in trying to do it.

For example:

In trying to mount UBU Touch from Clockwork backup I get this

Code:
 Install Zip > /0 > preinstalled-touch-armel+mako.zip

Then it will error at

Code:
 Installing Update. . .   
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "mako" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "mako"    
  E: Error in /data/media/0/[The rom]  
status 7   
Installation Aborted

The packages I have came from the ubuntu forums and can be easily found. I assumed that the errors were because of the build.prop but the install should still go for the firmware upgrade..... Right?

Anyways I am working on it but it is going really slowly. I want to make a set of packages for someone to just download and do it if they want to. I have dualbooted android and cyanogenmod (didn't actually -rm my memory and it did a dual boot without partitioning and it didn't show any of the other stuff) and it worked successfully.

If someone made a package or has one that will work please post!

Aremis117

Mar 27, 2014
GEE AHR
I understand that but the phones have pretty much the same hardware. There's like 2 different systems between the two and that's battery and something or another with the sound card. I got another armel package to work and ubut booted for a second and then it crashed, the phone reset, and it went into android.

Plus, the most bricked I have gotten is with the original installation on the phone. I also backed up everything so I could just format and reflash the ROM. No biggie.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

Aremis117

Mar 27, 2014
GEE AHR
Oh, the file "preinstalled-touch-armel+mako.zip" is for mako/Nexus 4. It does not work on any other phone. Feel lucky that it did not brick your phone.

Maybe have a look at this one: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2651425

There is also packages youi need prior to actually doing any of that and to be honest my laptop screeming at me I DON'T HAVE THIS HURR is a little annoying.

Backto slamming my head into the wall.