Problem: Battery shows 100% always

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ChrBeck

Mar 24, 2008
Trier
EDIT: The problem was that the battery driver isn't the best. At 3.99V it switched to 99%. So the problem is fixed now!

Hi guys.

I have a problem wih my Artemis. After flashing the USPL and a M6.5 ROM it always shows the Battery to be 100% changed and doesn't want to charge it. But I'm sure it isn't 100%.

The ROM isn't the problem cause with the device fully of the same thing happens if trieing it.

I tried to flash the SPL back but I only get errors.

Any help would be cool

Thanks

Last edited:

tnw513

Jun 21, 2009
Bari
Hi guys.

I have a problem wih my Artemis. After flashing the USPL and a M6.5 ROM it always shows the Battery to be 100% changed and doesn't want to charge it. But I'm sure it isn't 100%.

The ROM isn't the problem cause with the device fully of the same thing happens if trieing it.

I tried to flash the SPL back but I only get errors.

Any help would be cool

Thanks

Hi,
Are you sure that isn't the ROM?
however you haven't tried to mount the original ROM?

bye,
Silvio

Last edited:

ChrBeck

Mar 24, 2008
Trier
OK Answer: I'm sure. I tried 10 ROMs (7 cooked, the original, a HTC English original and HTC German Original). I tried 4 SPLs (Both USPLs (Pof, Cmonex) Original SPL and HTC WWE SPL). I tried 4 Radios too. I checked the Battery with a voltmeter several times and I got first 4.17V (seemd to be nearly full then) and second time I got 4.12 (sure it wasn't full anymore). Now I'm already running it in standby with GSM on for 6h and it still shows 100%. So I'm sure it isn't the ROM SPL or Radio.
Only things left are IPL or OEMSPL. Or maybe the Info recieved from the battery.

Thanks for your reply guy.

Any help would be nice.

tnw513

Jun 21, 2009
Bari
then you tried to keep the pocket PC on for a day? to me the battery falls below 100% for 6 hours more or less ...

P.S. the battery is a 3.7V... 4.17-12V o_O...is full!

Bye,
Silvio

ChrBeck

Mar 24, 2008
Trier
The battery is full at 4.2V as written on it. Compared to my Kaiser it sould only have 80% with 4.12V. And yea I'll leave it on till it goes off itself to know when the battery is empty. When it is empty I'm sure I can't carge anymore if it still thinks it is full but for that problem I have a 4.5V AC/DC adaptor to recharge the battery.

By the way which sence do the 3rd and 4th pin have? They don't have any voltage. Are they for the Vibration motor or do they transmit the charging state to the phone?

tnw513

Jun 21, 2009
Bari
The battery is full at 4.2V as written on it. Compared to my Kaiser it sould only have 80% with 4.12V. And yea I'll leave it on till it goes off itself to know when the battery is empty. When it is empty I'm sure I can't carge anymore if it still thinks it is full but for that problem I have a 4.5V AC/DC adaptor to recharge the battery.

By the way which sence do the 3rd and 4th pin have? They don't have any voltage. Are they for the Vibration motor or do they transmit the charging state to the phone?

I don't know it utility...
however happened to me and I resolved discharged, I do not know what else to do...
P.S. when my battery is fully charged 3.9V marks... sorry for my imperfect english

ChrBeck

Mar 24, 2008
Trier
No problem. Maybe I have to connect + to - very short to get the Voltage down. But first I'll just let it lay there in standby with phone on and see how it goes. Then if it goes off I'm sure the battery is empty. then I can start bench the Charging with external system.

That won't solve the problem but then I'll have a benchmark.

Thanks for your infos and tips.

And your English is no problem to me.

rubensbasket

Jan 4, 2009
Solution

GO TO REGISTRY

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\security\ResOver\Bitmaps]

AND REMOVE:

"BatteryIconIdStart"=dword:000003E9
"BatteryIconLevels"=dword:00000065

RESTART, DONE !!!

ChrBeck

Mar 24, 2008
Trier
Didn't work. But anyway as I said in first post the problem is fixed. The battery has just a very bad voltage curve as i found out using a voltmeter while discharging.

edit:

@mjonase:
I just waited. It takes until the battery is unter 4V. Then it switched to 99%. The driver isn't the problem just the OEMSPL and the battery itself. Just switch on bluetooth and phone and keep the device on. After max 1h the battery level bar will change.

Last edited:

mjonase

Aug 20, 2008
thanks @ChrBeck it seems i gut a different prob altogether mine seems to be a faulty h/w ,charges up and shows 100% if i remove it from the charger the battery drops quite quick, and when i reset it comes back with almost nothing left but when i charge the battery externally it can keep the charge for approx 2-2 1/2 days. so my artemis does false charge ups i guess.

RUDI-TERROR

Mar 27, 2009
WM 6.5 Shady313 ROM (23081 R2)?

Hi,

can anyone tell me, where I can download the WM 6.5 - 23081 R2 version ? I wan't downgrade my version from the newest version 24623 to 23081 because the sms bug can't fix.

Thanks for your help!

NeoS

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jan 27, 2008
Somewhere in NL
This thread is over 2 years old and has NOTHING to do with your rom request. Stop reviving old threads and use the search function please.
This one is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.