CleanGB [EI22] love it

Search This thread

jhawksmoor

Mar 18, 2011
i love this ROM. tried a few others, but wanted a clean ROM with limited theme-ing. GPS works great. battery seems better. only thing that was missing was Google Talk with video capability, but found that add-on which is flashable through CWM. i feel like i have the perfect phone now. i'm a newbie, so couldn't post this on the development threads, but THANK YOU toadlife!!!

here's the CleanGB ROM thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1344074

here's the Google Talk with Video add-on:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1245376

Last edited:

stilesja

Feb 22, 2011
Knoxville
Agreed toad has done a great job with his rom and is so very responsive to feedback and quick to fix any issues. Plus I love his commitment to open source and the gpl. I also like how he is ignoring the tweaks and scripts and focusing on stability.

Sent from my Epic - auto correct mistakes and all.

diego1985

Mar 26, 2009
Atlanta Ga
Been waiting for a rom like this forever. I usually have problems with FCs every custom rom by now. But this one isz a winner~ maybe because of it being so close to stock, but without CIQ.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

TexasLTE

Apr 11, 2011
Texas
Clean GB ROM by toadlife was the first GB ROM I installed = no problems whatsoever - easily recommend it to everyone ;)

der125

Nov 20, 2011
what they said....

Ditto....I recently rooted and went with CleanGB as my first non-stock ROM. I'm seeing noticeable battery improvements and good quandrant stats. I'm quite pleased.

Thanks for the gtalk video link....I'll be doing the same.

So, who knows how to mod the boot animation on the CleanGB ROM?

Last edited:

TexasLTE

Apr 11, 2011
Texas
Ditto....I recently rooted and went with CleanGB as my first non-stock ROM. I'm seeing noticeable battery improvements and good quandrant stats. I'm quite pleased.

DL the Paid version of ROM Toolbox from the Market = it allows you to change it ( plus some other useful stuff it can do ;) )

NoHousePhone

Dec 28, 2007
That Gtalk app screws up the LBE Security app I had installed. Does anybody know if it messes up any other apps.

Wonder why it does that.

snowy70

Dec 6, 2010
Market is having problems recognizing my apps on SD card after I updated this ROM. Anyone else having this problem ? I don't have enough posts to post in the dev section.

Forever Justice

Dec 24, 2010
Piqua
Awesome Rom without a doubt, been running since it came out. Usually Jump Around Trying them all out. Happy Here!!! Keep up the Good Work!!!

kynolin

Aug 4, 2007
St. Louis
I almost started a thread like this last week, because I've used a lot of GB roms, ever since they started leaking. CleanGB is easily the best one out there. Everything about my phone always works now. That's a nice feature to have in a ROM. Unless the Epic is your second phone, or you don't do anything important ever, reliability should always come first. CleanGB is what the Epic should have been from the manufacturer.

• Everything that should be there, without anything that shouldn't.
  • Super reliable - everything works.
  • Great battery life.
  • Nice and fast, with no slow downs for me.
  • A clean, subtle, and improved theme.

What more could you ask for?

bigdreco

Mar 4, 2010
Puyallup
Yea.. I just installed this ROM and love it so far..
I'm looking to install JUST the 10lock mod that's compatible with this ROM..
do anyone have a link for it??
all the ones I see are themed.. I don't really want to theme anything.. I just want the mod..
Please help if you can..

Thanks,

labumm

This is the first ROM I installed. I resisted b/c I don't want another time sink. But Toadlife is right. CleanGB is for people who just want their phone to work.

I realized today that I LIKE my phone. Before, I was really disapointed with it.

THANK YOU TOADLIFE.

euphgirl

Dec 9, 2011
Snowy70... I had the same issue and I had to restore my backup and reflash this ROM. Since then no issues.

Sent from my Customized Samsung Epic 4G via XDA app

Orion78

Nov 13, 2011
Philly

How is the Battery compared to Stock Gingerbead? Ive Tried dozens of Roms but ended up back on stock and since ive gone back my battery last twice as long

cds0699

May 12, 2011
Shenandoah Junction WV
This ROM is great, I have 2 people in my family with Epic 4G's and they wanted a good stable phone, so I installed this ROM for them and they have had no complaints. Awesome work toadlife!

BubZX

Jul 5, 2011
This ROM is great, I have 2 people in my family with Epic 4G's and they wanted a good stable phone, so I installed this ROM for them and they have had no complaints. Awesome work toadlife!

have it running on the 3 epics in my household and we love this rom. great battery buttery smooth and quick.

mi7chy

Oct 26, 2008
Have shied away from custom ROMs due to issues introduced and been on rooted stock but this sounds like it's worth giving a shot. So far so good with everything working.

selfinfliction

Feb 28, 2011
put this on my phone last night and it fixed all of the issues i was having from the other 2 roms i was having and the data was running so much faster.

think this is the only rom i'll be running from here on out