GNEX VZN 4.2.2 Release On Test Phone: oldblue910 with the latest

Search This thread

ntb81

Feb 24, 2012
Chicago
Thank you once again for breaking the news to us! How do the new radios seem to be working so far?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nephilim

Aug 16, 2010
Milwaukee
Not gonna ask for a specific ETA but was just wondering how long a process it is to extract the radios. Again, I am fine with however long it may take and do not need a time that they will be posted. Just wondering if it's something that can be done quick for you guys or if it will take awhile.

luke61456789

Aug 19, 2012
lakeville mn
Not gonna ask for a specific ETA but was just wondering how long a process it is to extract the radios. Again, I am fine with however long it may take and do not need a time that they will be posted. Just wondering if it's something that can be done quick for you guys or if it will take awhile.

I would like to know as well i don't think its out of the park to ask :)

cms5423

Feb 18, 2010
twitter.com
obviously not an official answer, but it seems that they cannot extract the radio from the phone, and so they are reverting to 4.1 and hoping that he gets the OTA again so they can extract it before the ota is flashed?

ntb81

Feb 24, 2012
Chicago
Sounds like that is the plan. But this raises a good point, especially since we don't know how the test ota process works, and thus don't know for sure that he would receive the ota again. Maybe it would make sense to first get it rooted and then pull the radios via the gnex toolbox (which is probably easier and quicker than doing it manually) and maybe also pull a full system image or create an image. zip of the stock ROM through CWM.

That said, these guys are doing this out of pure goodwill, and they should do whatever works best for them and doesn't interfere with their lives. Just happy they gave us the news

Reactions: cms5423

cms5423

Feb 18, 2010
twitter.com
Sounds like that is the plan. But this raises a good point, especially since we don't know how the test ota process works, and thus don't know for sure that he would receive the ota again. Maybe it would make sense to first get it rooted and then pull the radios via the gnex toolbox (which is probably easier and quicker than doing it manually) and maybe also pull a full system image or create an image. zip of the stock ROM through CWM.

That said, these guys are doing this out of pure goodwill, and they should do whatever works best for them and doesn't interfere with their lives. Just happy they gave us the news

Agree. I figured there had to be a reason this doesn't work, or else this is clearly the best option since he might never get the OTA again after reverting! :good:

Winesnob

May 20, 2012
Lorton, VA

The OTA "should" be linked to a device ID. When the public OTA rolls out, blocks of devices are updated at various intervals (which is why some get the OTA later than others). The server housing the OTA at present should have a block of test device IDs authorized to download. If this holds true, then he should be able to grab the update again if running JRO03O. Key word is "should". :fingers-crossed:

meteriso

Apr 28, 2011
Most of the Roms out 4.2.2. not working for me

The radios appear to be working really well.

I've tried quite a few New roms 4.2.2. and tried out by calling my home land line and letting it stay connected and always around 29 to 30 mins it always drops ......But i switched back to 4.2.1 and it works fine ..."stable"

mechapathy

Jul 20, 2009
I've tried quite a few New roms 4.2.2. and tried out by calling my home land line and letting it stay connected and always around 29 to 30 mins it always drops ......But i switched back to 4.2.1 and it works fine ..."stable"

Odd. I'm running a self built 4.2.2, and I just finished a 1.5 hour call with no issue.

Doctor Dedroid

Dec 15, 2010
We're getting 4.2.2? Really? Looks to me like the monkeys have finally flown out of Mead's ass...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Wh1t3Rose

El Madhatter

Jul 3, 2011
Roswell
The OTA "should" be linked to a device ID. When the public OTA rolls out, blocks of devices are updated at various intervals (which is why some get the OTA later than others). The server housing the OTA at present should have a block of test device IDs authorized to download. If this holds true, then he should be able to grab the update again if running JRO03O. Key word is "should". :fingers-crossed:

We are still working out some driver issues.

Top Liked Posts