Kindle rom wiped - adb device offline

Search This thread

sam298

Apr 19, 2007
Denver, CO
I had a rooted kindle fire hd with CM rom. Wanted to update rom to kitkat. In TWRP, wiped everything, cache, data, system and dalvik.
I rebooted the recovery, so i can sideload the rom files thru adb. But the kindle is stuck at blue kindle fire logo.
If i try adb, it says device offline and no command works. Tried kindle fire firstaide, it is stuck when starting daemon.
Any way to bring it to life?

I had a rooted kindle fire hd with CM rom. Wanted to update rom to kitkat. In TWRP, wiped everything, cache, data, system and dalvik.
I rebooted the recovery, so i can sideload the rom files thru adb. But the kindle is stuck at blue kindle fire logo.
If i try adb, it says device offline and no command works. Tried kindle fire firstaide, it is stuck when starting daemon.
Any way to bring it to life?

something similar happened to me yesterday,

have you tried getting into twrp manually ? sometimes it takes a while to boot into recovery id give it 15 to 20 seconds holding the vol+ button. if you cant get into twrp, you might have to use the system restore tool, but let me know if you can get into twrp first.

Last edited:

sam298

Apr 19, 2007
Denver, CO
When it went to fastboot mode just before this happened, I pushed twrp.img thru PC and rebooted hoping I can get to recovery. Tried power vol+ for several seconds, starts with orange logo and then blue logo then stuck at black screen.
Not sure if I can send to amazon with blue logo showing up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
That should still be fixable from fastboot if you can't get it into recovery... No reason to send it back to amazon.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

sam298

Apr 19, 2007
Denver, CO
That should still be fixable from fastboot if you can't get it into recovery... No reason to send it back to amazon.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

Is there any way to get into fastboot mode? I tried vol - and power for a minute and also vol + and power. If i enter adb devices, i see the device but it says offline. If i use fastboot devices command, no devices are seen. PC shows it as Kindle but can't access its storage.

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
If the logo turns blue you can get it into fastboot without a fastboot cable, otherwise you will need a fastboot cable, unless he device is a 8.9" model. Which model do you have? Also doing it without a fastboot cable would probably be easier from Linux if you never installed the fastboot drivers on windows because the device will only show up for a brief second and then disappear, and I will state this now in case you don't know, adb commands do not work with fastboot mode, you use fastboot commands with fastboot mode. I recommend a Ubuntu 13.10 live CD and then telling it to install the fastboot package in the Ubuntu software center and running "fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product" from a terminal with the device in plugged and powered off, and when it says waiting for device, plug the kindle in and you should be able to get into fastboot.

Reactions: sam298

sam298

Apr 19, 2007
Denver, CO
I have a 7". Thanks for the tip, i finally was able to boot into the system. I downloaded ubuntu but thought of trying it in windows. The only fastboot command that worked is the getvar product you mentioned. The part i missed is, enter the command and then plug the powered off kindle. Finally got into the fastboot logo.
After that none of the other fastboot command worked - said waiting for device. But kffirstaide worked luckily. I pushed 7.2.3 into the kindle and kindle is back working.

If the logo turns blue you can get it into fastboot without a fastboot cable, otherwise you will need a fastboot cable, unless he device is a 8.9" model. Which model do you have? Also doing it without a fastboot cable would probably be easier from Linux if you never installed the fastboot drivers on windows because the device will only show up for a brief second and then disappear, and I will state this now in case you don't know, adb commands do not work with fastboot mode, you use fastboot commands with fastboot mode. I recommend a Ubuntu 13.10 live CD and then telling it to install the fastboot package in the Ubuntu software center and running "fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product" from a terminal with the device in plugged and powered off, and when it says waiting for device, plug the kindle in and you should be able to get into fastboot.

BurnOmatic

Sep 26, 2009
California
sam298 for future, encase you cant get into fastboot, this adapter will get you there and you can use your regular usb power cable with it so you have a factory cable at all times, especially since you have a kindle. i bought 2 of these cause why not they were $9.00 dollars each. and no i dont make anything from these, i just seen it on hashcodes post and thought it would be good to buy one encase i need to put something in fastboot. i got mine and fast, took only a few days to get it from this guy.

http://shop.teamblackhat.info/Factory-Adapters-motadapt.htm

Reactions: sam298

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

sam298 for future, encase you cant get into fastboot, this adapter will get you there and you can use your regular usb power cable with it so you have a factory cable at all times, especially since you have a kindle. i bought 2 of these cause why not they were $9.00 dollars each. and no i dont make anything from these, i just seen it on hashcodes post and thought it would be good to buy one encase i need to put something in fastboot. i got mine and fast, took only a few days to get it from this guy.

http://shop.teamblackhat.info/Factory-Adapters-motadapt.htm