Can you recommend a car mount for the S4 Trident Kraken case ?

Search This thread

The3Genius

Jul 2, 2013
Hello ,

I am looking to see if there is a car mount for the S4 Trident Kraken case .

Would you be able to make a suggestion ? Does anyone have experience with this ? I am tired of having to always fumble for the phone in the console .

Thanks !

Mike

dbpaddler

Oct 19, 2009
Philly
Hello ,

I am looking to see if there is a car mount for the S4 Trident Kraken case .

Would you be able to make a suggestion ? Does anyone have experience with this ? I am tired of having to always fumble for the phone in the console .

Thanks !

Mike

I resell for ProClip, and I'm sure many can attest to it on here,but their adjustable cradles are top notch. They make custom dash mounts, usually with multiple locations for just about every car out there as well. I'm on my phone at the moment or I'd send you some specific links, but hop on their website, and you can easily find your options. And any questions, ask away. I can also "publicly" save you 10% on their products, but can save you a little more via a PM.

www.proclipusa.com

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

The3Genius

Jul 2, 2013
Thanks for the reply. I am looking for a mount that will be compatible with my case S4 Kraken case . The mounts I saw were only for the phone .

dbpaddler

Oct 19, 2009
Philly
Thanks for the link. How do you know that the clip will work with my specific case ?

Thanks!

Well the one you'd most likely want is their medium adjustable. It's made with wider grooves to work better with the dual layer type cases. It specifies a device up to 0.62 inches thick. I never understood their methodology for this because the phones don't need to be fully captured in the grooves. As long as part of fits within, it's fine, and a majority of cases/phones have some sort of taper at the sides so device thickness is thinner at the outside edges. So you won't have any problems fitting your kraken'd phone in the holder.

Your only issue, if you want to call it one is the corners extend slightly beyond the sides. You could have a touch of left to right rock, but that would be doubtful because the holder is completely adjustable so you can loosen the screws, slide the phone in, press against the sides until it's snug, and tighten down. I'm sure that rubber is fairly grippy, and the ability to set the width so there's some resistance as you slide it in and out will keep it steady.

I've been doing this since I designed the first smartphone holsters for them (before Seidio said, oh ****, these things will sell, and then the rest of the injection molders hopped on board). I've sold quite a few adjustables for most cases out there including all the otterbox/lifeproof ones. Haven't had a return yet because they didn't like how their phone fit.

Your other option is to go with the cheap spring ratchet type ones where you rest it on the ledge and squeeze the sides until it's snug and press a button to release it. Then you're pretty much going with a vent or adhesive mount and most likely ProClip has a better dash mounting option for your car, though some older vehicles have limited options involving a vent area. They use crevices in the dash to lock their mounts in place. Some vehicles have better options then others. You can poke around and see the options for your car.

Hope that helps.

litesout

Jan 17, 2011
Orlando FL
Up until about a week ago I was using the iBolt XPro dock with an Otterbox Commuter case. There was still a good amount of adjustability left so I'm sure it'll accommodate your case. And you get the added bonus (which the is reason I bought it in the first place) of charging and audio out from the USB cable.