Mounting SDcard on OSX

Search This thread

Xdpker06

Dec 6, 2011
With windows, you can mount the SD card and transfer files to it normally. On OS x, we have to use the htc sync manager. Is there anyway to mount the SD card without it?

Xdpker06

Dec 6, 2011
The HTC Sync is horribly slow. I took the SD card out, put it in the adapter, and popped it in my MBP. It worked flawlessly.
Yeah I didn't even bother it's useless. I want to drag and drop the files myself. Taking the sd card out is an option but it's a hassle since you need a pin all the time. I'm trying some apps in the play store but no luck so far. Kind of dumb how they're forcing htc sync on us

v-b-n

Feb 17, 2010
Singapore
You will need ROOT and app called "DriveDroid"

Download Android File Manager - http://www.android.com/filetransfer/

Open DriveDroid app, give it root access and under its settings, change USB or Permanent USB mode to "Mass Storage Android Debugging"

Connect to OSX and open the Android File Manager app on OSX... next time you wont need to open it manually, it will open everytime you connect the phone.

This might break connection to HTC Sync though

(I use the above for my iMac)

Xdpker06

Dec 6, 2011

Open DriveDroid app, give it root access and under its settings, change USB or Permanent USB mode to "Mass Storage Android Debugging"

Connect to OSX and open the Android File Manager app on OSX... next time you wont need to open it manually, it will open everytime you connect the phone.

Thank you! I will try this out.

cmascatello

Feb 18, 2007

Do you have to reboot your Mac every time you want to mount the Android device? I am having issues getting the device to mount to an already running OSX computer.

Xdpker06

Dec 6, 2011
What I don't get is why we need extra software. My old htc one s mounts the sd card just fine with no extra software

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

captainreynolds

Mar 7, 2011
Is there a way though to force the internal storage and SD card to be directly mounted onto OSX, rather than having to use another 3rd party app (android file transfer)?

v-b-n

Feb 17, 2010
Singapore
Is there a way though to force the internal storage and SD card to be directly mounted onto OSX, rather than having to use another 3rd party app (android file transfer)?

Its not 3rd party ... its from Google :)

And the answer is no to your question, unless you run a SMB server on the phone over your wifi network, then your phone will popup in Finder as a network device. I have tried 3rd party phone apps that do this but the connection is unreliable and transfer speed slow.

Reactions: captainreynolds

captainreynolds

Mar 7, 2011

True, technically :silly:

And the answer is no to your question, unless you run a SMB server on the phone over your wifi network, then your phone will popup in Finder as a network device. I have tried 3rd party phone apps that do this but the connection is unreliable and transfer speed slow.

Hm, too bad. Guess I'll have to wait and see if anyone builds this functionality!

Xdpker06

Dec 6, 2011

Do custom roms normally add USB mass storage functionality?

flayzeraynx

i can confirm this one works. finally i can use android file transfer with my m8 installed on maximus Rom

Xdpker06

Dec 6, 2011
Hey, so I have rooted my phone and applied sdfix successfully. Restated my phone, but I still cannot write to the external sd card using airdroid. Do you know what is the problem? Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.