[ROM][AOSP][BETA][4.4.2][KOT49H] SomethingExplosive - v2.0.4 - 01/11/14

Search This thread

something15525

Dec 12, 2010
I get deep sleep...pic posted above the other^. I can never get a WiFi lock after booting from a fresh install. I flash rom , gapps then reboot...no lock...wipe dalvic and cache then flash zen kernel...then I get a WiFi lock instantly. I have the zen kernel on the preset values on all the Roms to see how it runs first.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

There is a patch update as well, did you flash that?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

something15525

Dec 12, 2010
WiFi craps out on the dirty...let me try the kernel by itself.

Okay, either do a wipe and flash the ROM again, or just stay on the kernel you're on right now, since I don't have the kernel by itself. I'm going to do a test with battery stats to see exactly what is draining the battery or if it is on the stock kernel, and then I'll get back to you. Seems like you're the only one having this problem at the moment, so bear with me here, and I'll see if anything is making my phone stay out of deep sleep as well with the stock kernel.

If anyone else is having battery problems, please let me know, so that I can make sure its not just clj575 who is having the problem.

Sorry you're having problems man, hopefully we can get this figured out. Thanks for your patience!

something15525

Dec 12, 2010
Okay, here are the results of my tests. These are the stats of my Galaxy Nexus, running my ROM with the stock kernel included with the ROM, although I don't think it makes a difference depending on the kernel.

Here are my initial tests:

View attachment BetterBatteryStats-2012-12-20_withmaps.txt

If you take a look at this area:

Code:
NetworkLocationLocator (com.google.android.apps.maps.Maps): 3 m 20 s  (200 s) Count:342 2.4%
SignalCollector.ScannerThread (com.google.android.apps.maps.Maps): 1 m 42 s  (102 s) Count:57 1.2%
SignalCollector.Scanner (com.google.android.apps.maps.Maps): 1 m 40 s  (100 s) Count:1313 1.2%

According to this, most of the wakelocks that occured during my around 2 hour test were from these processes, all of which are part of Google's Map application. Also, if you look at this area:

Code:
==========
CPU States
==========
350 MHz (): 2 h 14 m 43 s  96.6%
700 MHz (): 4 m 36 s  3.3%
920 MHz (): 2 s  0.0%
1.2 GHz (): 1 s  0.0%
Deep Sleep ():  -0.0%

There is no deep sleep being achieved. Now look at this:

Code:
"gps-lock" (): 2 h 18 m 40 s  (8320 s) Cnt:(c/wc/ec)0/0/0 99.5%

From this data, it seems that the Map application looking for my location all the time is the cause of the power drain on the battery. So I uninstalled it. Then I used Speedtest to grab a GPS lock, then ran another 30 minute test. Take a look at these stats:

View attachment BetterBatteryStats-2012-12-21_nomaps.txt

If you look at this area:

Code:
==========
CPU States
==========
350 MHz (): 1 m 4 s  3.1%
700 MHz (): 24 s  1.2%
920 MHz (): 1 s  0.1%
1.2 GHz (): 2 s  0.1%
Deep Sleep (): 33 m 10 s  95.6%

We are now achieving deep sleep. So it seems that, at least for me, Maps is causing these issues, not the ROM or either of the kernels we are running. I hope this helps your issue, and it definitely helped me understand the cause of this issue.

One more thing. I was poking around the interwebs and found this thread in the AOSP known issues list:

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=34458

This seems to confirm what is happening here. Please let me know if this helps!

Oh, I almost forgot! I couldn't have done any of this without the help of UBER. He really knows his stuff when trying to test these kind of problems. Thanks dude!

Reactions: golf60

myrmidon84

Oct 29, 2011
Fredericksburg
looks and sounds good!

Thanks for giving us toro+ users something new to play with. I have been using sorcery since it came over and even though it gives so much options I am itching to try out something new=) Going to give this a run!

something15525

Dec 12, 2010
Thanks for giving us toro+ users something new to play with. I have been using sorcery since it came over and even though it gives so much options I am itching to try out something new=) Going to give this a run!

No problem man! I find it very fast and reliable and use it as my daily driver. Let me know what you think and what I can do to make your Android experience better. :)

something15525

Dec 12, 2010
A new build has been posted.

v0.5 Changelog
Code:
Properly fixed tethering in source
Patches for connectivity fixes
Removed CellBroadcastReceiver
Added Multiple MMS Capability (typing longer than 160 chars in one message)

SomethingJelly source has also been posted in OP under Sources.

blankit

Oct 28, 2010
Re: [ROM][AOSP][4.2.1][JOP40D] SomethingJelly - v0.5 - 01/19/13

Can you add the Google gesture typing please

blankit

Oct 28, 2010
Re: [ROM][AOSP][4.2.1][JOP40D] SomethingJelly - v0.5 - 01/19/13

That's next on my list, currently if you flash the Modified BRD Gapps in the OP it should have it included. Let me know if anything isn't working. Thanks! :)

Can't find any issues honestly....awesome job

something15525

Dec 12, 2010
Re: [ROM][AOSP][4.2.1][JOP40D] SomethingJelly - v0.7 - 01/27/13

New build up. Smoothest and most stable build yet, with new features and fixes to boot!

There should be no issues with this ROM now. It should be a more than reliable daily driver. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: zombioptic

Crwolv

Mar 28, 2012
Metro Detroit
www.reverbnation.com
Re: [ROM][AOSP][4.2.1][JOP40D] SomethingJelly - v0.9 - 02/03/13

Ditto to every word!!!!!;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

ToroPlus

This is AOSP built with root capabilities and added functionality. Fast and light!

Features
    Here

Changelog
    Here

Thanks to
    dreamsforgotten
    UBER
    IT_Blackbelt
    mwalt2
    bigrushdog for the GAPPS
    Mike Wielgosz and his Crossbones repositories, they really helped me get started on this.
    Crossbones GitHub
    CyanogenMod for the great code they contribute to this community.
    CyanogenMod GitHub

Please, let me know what you think and report any problems! Thanks XDA!

Sources:
    Google: Android 4.4.2_r1
    SomethingExplosive: GitHub
    Me: My GitHub
    Downloads

Flashing Instructions
    Download ROM (links below)
    Wipe data,cache,system
    Flash ROM
    Flash Gapps
    Profit!

NOTE: If coming from a previous build, wipe cache and dirty flash! ;)

Current Version (updated 1/11/14)

Downloads

Google Apps (updated 1/11/14)

Gapps
    Download
    New build up! Now with odexed and deodexed builds! :)
    New build up based off of android 4.2.2 source, with customized quick toggles! Check it out!
    New build up! Everything hosted on goo.im now :D