Samsung. .please Give us 4.4 with the new UI

Search This thread

pakure

Sep 22, 2009
HYDERABAD
I have 4.3 on my note 2 with all the note 3 apps and features, courtesy the ditto note 3 rom. .
I also have the nexus 7 2013 with 4.4.2.. but I prefer my note 8.

... I want my note 8 to get updated to the new Kit kat from Samsung... Come on Sammy. . Just do it:rolleyes:

P.s. For the note 2 on stock 4.3... They are getting the new S note from note3 as an update in Samsung apps

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

bona.pardede

Jan 2, 2014
Yes, please update the note 8. While the cusrom is not so much, i rely on with the stock rom to be updated. Please give us the Kit Kat.

jazzespresso

Jul 24, 2012
NYC-USA
A port from the Note 3 is really, really bad ass hard work. You musst port them over from Quallcomm to Exynos, thats really hard. So don't expect this.

yeah I was kind of hoping this would be easy port, but as you pointed out from Quallcomm to Exynos thingy is makes this even more challenging.
Another thing that I have been trying several ported Note 3 (4.3) apps to our Note 8, but not all of them work because of 4.3 framework dependability i assume. you know if we at least make our note 8 look like stock 4.3, that would be probably good enough for a lot of us here :laugh:

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

I have 4.3 on my note 2 with all the note 3 apps and features, courtesy the ditto note 3 rom. .

... I want my note 8 to get updated to the new Kit kat from Samsung... Come on Sammy. . Just do it:rolleyes:

P.s. For the note 2 on stock 4.3... They are getting the new S note from note3 as an update in Samsung apps

by the way, i got this habit lately that I am keep bugging (daily) Samsung's offical's facebook, Google+ pages... basically I am posting "I want 4.3 on my Note 8!!!" on their facebook and google+ page...
i do this every morning while I am at office having my morning coffee...
if you all do the same, means we may eventually get their attention.

eiril_77

Apr 14, 2009
Lumut
flavors they's there to read and hear what we write here?

Sent from my GT-N5100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jlongrc

Jan 7, 2014
I don't think Samsung is going to give up this form factor in their note series. 10 inches is becoming too big for a lot of consumers and the 7/8 inch tablets are really doing well. It would shock me if they don't end up releasing another 8 inch Note tablet. I'm guessing that, like the Note 8, the next iteration will come out later than the rest. It just gives them another new thing to sell in a slow part of their product cycle.

Samavb

Dec 9, 2010
8 inch note is perfect.. Samsung galaxy note 8.0 is an all rounder.. enough ram, good processor , can handle almost all games.. very productive tool.. with new 4.4 UI it will only get better. battery life will be improve further and it is portable.. size is just enough to watch videos , write down notes.. voice calling capabilities.. it covers almost all the requirements.. all it needs is a good firmware and if samsung gives 4.4 with the magazine it will be awesome and complete. Samsung hope you will do the needful.

Reactions: penestijeras

kenhicg

May 6, 2012
I would like to at least see 4.3 and multi user logins.

life is better with r00t

afblangley

Jan 11, 2013
I've read that some folks who upgraded to Kit Kat have lost the ability to tether. If that is the case, I definitely won't be upgrading.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using xda app-developers app

biggiebro

Jun 2, 2009
1) where can i find 4.4 omni for note 8, cannot find in dev section
2) ppl keep saying will lose s-pen feautures with custom rom. Which feutures exactly?

I like the multi window on omni, which is the main strength of this note

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

pakure

Sep 22, 2009
HYDERABAD
Rocking the leaked 4.4.2 kitkat on my note 2..... works smooth and fast. .. Hope my note 8 gets it fast too

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @sbrissen doing a great job with Official CM, so one Developer is there @civato for a stockbased ROM, two developer are here @ryukiri make OMNI for us, in future (when this odd storage problem is fixxed) OMNI is Official.
    Offcource there are more Devs, great Devs, but this Three are the popular in the Note 8 Section (since i am lurking here :D )

A port from the Note 3 is really, really bad ass hard work. You musst port them over from Quallcomm to Exynos, thats really hard. So don't expect this.

The only thing i missed is a Custom Kernel like civatos for CM :D

I'm willing to attempt to make a custom kernel this summer when I have more free time. Right now, I'm super pressed on time due to loads of school work, tests, and stuff.

And to clarify some confusion, Omni IS official for us right now, just no nightlies yet as I'm still working on adding support in the kernel. Also, PAC 4.4 will be official when everything is ready. (We're all working to add new features and stabilizing stuff to give you guys the best possible experience).

yeah I was kind of hoping this would be easy port, but as you pointed out from Quallcomm to Exynos thingy is makes this even more challenging.
    Another thing that I have been trying several ported Note 3 (4.3) apps to our Note 8, but not all of them work because of 4.3 framework dependability i assume. you know if we at least make our note 8 look like stock 4.3, that would be probably good enough for a lot of us here :laugh:

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

by the way, i got this habit lately that I am keep bugging (daily) Samsung's offical's facebook, Google+ pages... basically I am posting "I want 4.3 on my Note 8!!!" on their facebook and google+ page...
    i do this every morning while I am at office having my morning coffee...
    if you all do the same, means we may eventually get their attention.
    I know that Sammy guys lurk here around and since there is no new 8 inch note. Pro ..:rolleyes:
    I wish Samsung would update the n5100 with kit kat directly with the new UI. ..:rolleyes::p:p:D

Please Samsung. . Give us the update:eek:

You would think that Samsung would at least give us 4.3 for the smart watch integration. I thought that's why they pushed out the updates for the S3 and the Note 2.
    If samsung didn't provide an 4.4 update for the note 8 thise will be the last samsung device i'll buy n i don't wanna hear some hardware **** compatibility i've had enough from the frist galaxy