Xperia Z simcard reader dead, any other options?

Search This thread

NinosM1

Jan 21, 2011
Hey!

Unfortunately my Xperia Z simcard reader has been damaged ( thanks to my cousin ... ) and i'm unable to read any simcards with my xperia Z anymore. I've already replaced the simcard slot ( the one welded on the motherboard ) and it still didnt work.
So my question is,
is there any way to let my phone read my simcard?
I've heard there are bluetooth adapters which read the simcard and let your phone "read" it too?
any ideas how to let my phone read my sim? or is it also possible to place the simcard directly on the soldering points ( or whatever they are called ) on the motherboard?

marcoplo

Nov 4, 2010
Hey!

Unfortunately my Xperia Z simcard reader has been damaged ( thanks to my cousin ... ) and i'm unable to read any simcards with my xperia Z anymore. I've already replaced the simcard slot ( the one welded on the motherboard ) and it still didnt work.
So my question is,
is there any way to let my phone read my simcard?
I've heard there are bluetooth adapters which read the simcard and let your phone "read" it too?
any ideas how to let my phone read my sim? or is it also possible to place the simcard directly on the soldering points ( or whatever they are called ) on the motherboard?

There is no point of repairing , since There is a high chance that the motherboard are damaged. Just the moherboard alone cost £199-250 + delivery+ repair. You might be able to buy new phone for that price.

One thing is your phone network locked because then i would advice you to get new sim for you operator and check, Please reflash you phone, try maybe your phone is just "confused " reflashing would be way to start

Last edited: