Mission accomplished. Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Re-tweeted everything with this hashtag. I never use Twitter fyi.

#HoldsTheCode

https://twitter.com/Iamrubbertoe/status/461300839873662976

1398818095571.jpg

Sent from my EVO using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: gstanke

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
Guys I'm working to get this. For future consideration, all you need to do is send me a PM here or tweet @HTCDev with details.

We appreciate the work but to be fair we have had 4.3 for a while, and nothing has been done about the kernel. I feel the path we have taken is completely justified. Honestly what needs to be done. They have a functioning kernel, all they need to do is release the source.

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
Guys I'm working to get this. For future consideration, all you need to do is send me a PM here or tweet @HTCDev with details.

Let's think about this logically, imagine you take your car to get an oil change, they drain the oil, change the filter and send you on your way without putting oil back in your car. Or they drain your oil and you have stuff you need to do but they leave your car in the air with no oil in it for hours, and won't give you a straight answer on why it's taking so long. You would be rather upset right? Probably talk to the manager of the repair facility? if that didn't work you would talk to his boss right? Now htc released an update, then pulled it, and have yet to release a kernel source. We started with htcdev, that didn't work, we tried mo, still no answer, tried htc and again no kernel source, finally we had to go even higher to Jason MacKenzie, got a very vague response "we are working on it" what is there to work on. The kernel is obviously good since it has worked on the three releases of 4.3 for the evo. We too have stuff we need to do just as you in this imaginary scenario of your everlasting oil change. You need your car. We need our kernel. I'm sorry to say but we aren't going to stop until we get it. HTC has wronged their customers and that is becoming very public information. Hopefully the employees at HTC can rub their 6 collective brain cells together and finally do what is right, not just for their customers but legally as well. If these devs are required to publish their kernel source why is it okay for HTC not to? Is it because they are a big corporation and can afford to pay lawyers if it goes that far. Something needs to be done about the injustice of this situation. HTC needs to take responsibility for their actions, put on their big boy pants, admit they were wrong and release the kernel source.

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
Last edited:
Reactions: B3RL1N and JDiesel

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Having issues getting the 4.13.651.4 kernel to compile.
Code:
In file included from drivers/usb/gadget/android.c:70:0:
drivers/usb/gadget/f_mtp.c: In function 'mtp_read':
drivers/usb/gadget/f_mtp.c:560:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'mtp_qos_enable' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors

make[3]: *** [drivers/usb/gadget/android.o] Error 1
That's using the stock toolchain (GCC 4.6). Any idea?

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Here's another one:
Code:
kernel/power/main.c:824:3: error: 'state_onchg_attr' undeclared here (not in a function)
make[2]: *** [kernel/power/main.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [kernel/power] Error 2

nickmilla15

Apr 14, 2013
Orlando
Guys, I'm so proud of everyone involved here. You are all responsible for getting this, and way to be proactive about your own device!

Sent from my 831C

fizbanrapper

Jan 19, 2014
Would it be correct to say that this will allow further customization of 4.3, but that it doesn't really do anything for those running kitkat?

Does the importance of the kernel source release have anything to do with the new partitions?

I want to be excited about this, but for me this is like the awkward moment when you're in a group and laugh at a joke, but the punchline just flew right over your head.

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
Would it be correct to say that this will allow further customization of 4.3, but that it doesn't really do anything for those running kitkat?

Does the importance of the kernel source release have anything to do with the new partitions?

I want to be excited about this, but for me this is like the awkward moment when you're in a group and laugh at a joke, but the punchline just flew right over your head.

Further customization yes, with this source I believe we will be able to have custom kernels, also with this we are closer to having the m8 port, sense 6 Android 4.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you for everyone's help. Because of the community we now have the kernel source we need. Please lock thread.

Recently users started hounding htc via twitter for our kernel source. It seems to be helping. If you want sense 6 on the jewel we need everyone's help. Please post the links to your tweets here to allow everyone to tweet htc as much as possible and remember to use #HoldsTheCode

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

Let's think about this logically, imagine you take your car to get an oil change, they drain the oil, change the filter and send you on your way without putting oil back in your car. Or they drain your oil and you have stuff you need to do but they leave your car in the air with no oil in it for hours, and won't give you a straight answer on why it's taking so long. You would be rather upset right? Probably talk to the manager of the repair facility? if that didn't work you would talk to his boss right? Now htc released an update, then pulled it, and have yet to release a kernel source. We started with htcdev, that didn't work, we tried mo, still no answer, tried htc and again no kernel source, finally we had to go even higher to Jason MacKenzie, got a very vague response "we are working on it" what is there to work on. The kernel is obviously good since it has worked on the three releases of 4.3 for the evo. We too have stuff we need to do just as you in this imaginary scenario of your everlasting oil change. You need your car. We need our kernel. I'm sorry to say but we aren't going to stop until we get it. HTC has wronged their customers and that is becoming very public information. Hopefully the employees at HTC can rub their 6 collective brain cells together and finally do what is right, not just for their customers but legally as well. If these devs are required to publish their kernel source why is it okay for HTC not to? Is it because they are a big corporation and can afford to pay lawyers if it goes that far. Something needs to be done about the injustice of this situation. HTC needs to take responsibility for their actions, put on their big boy pants, admit they were wrong and release the kernel source.