16 vs. 32 GB and ROMs

Search This thread

Sebba513

Feb 28, 2013
Is anyone having trouble deciding on 16 vs 32GB configurations? Mainly because of the difference in RAM, with 16/2GB and 32/3GB.

Is there a difference in ROM building based on these versions? Or will all ROMs work the same on both versions? Do any other phones have the same thing, having different amounts of RAM? Not sure if I need the extra GB, but I'll have to see what ROMs support first...

Reactions: Trinaaa

immaeetuu

Oct 24, 2012
Brooklyn
This is all hardware. How in any way would it affect software? It just lets people who need more space for music (like me) to have more internal storage and 1 gb more of RAM which is also really good for people who want speed. For those who just use their phone once in a while, they can buy the 16 GB 2 GB RAM one. It all depends on preference.

sjk971005

Jul 31, 2013
32gb

I would recommend 32 gb as all the media files will be bigger due to the resolution. With LG's software there will only be 10~11gb of space left for the user

J_Dutch

May 8, 2012
Zaltbommel
I would recommend 32 gb as all the media files will be bigger due to the resolution. With LG's software there will only be 10~11gb of space left for the user

I agree with you about the 32GB model but not for media files. They can go on external SD card right? 128GB on top of 16 will still do for media files.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

sjk971005

Jul 31, 2013
I agree with you about the 32GB model but not for media files. They can go on external SD card right? 128GB on top of 16 will still do for media files.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Oh right, the g3 will have an sd slot. I'd still go for the 32gb for apps (making the files install on the ext sd is a hassle and the apps won't run when you take the sd out)

Trinaaa

Sep 9, 2011
Leipzig
Samsung Galaxy S21
Wanting to push this thread because i have the same question... I want to see some roms on the g3. But there is still no answer if there is a difference between 2gb and 3gb in building roms.

Last edited:

Dimer81

Jul 8, 2011
3gb version all the way!

What is the model number for the 3gb version and where can one buy it.....?

partylikeaninjastar

Apr 13, 2012
SF Bay Area
I'm okay with 16 GB of RAM. It wasn't an issue on my Nexus 4 and it isn't an issue on my Nexus 5 and 7. Besides, with an SD card slot, storage isn't an issue.

However, given the option between 2 GB of RAM and 3 GB, I'd go with 3. Always go with more RAM when you have the option.

wyase9

Nov 23, 2011
Problem is that I am in the UK, so only 16gb coming as far as we know. That means I need to compromise on my storage. It will be a hassle to often move my camera pic and videos to SD card, and Whatsapp doesnt allow it.
I dont know which other data intensive apps will also have issues if i try to move to SD card....bit of a minefield.

Any tips would help ?
Shall I just forget about the 16gb version and get a different phone (I do like the look of this one however) ?

flash555

Jun 12, 2014
Hi all just want to know how much space left available can be used if i take LG G3 16GB ? Thanks

wyase9

Nov 23, 2011
Hi all just want to know how much space left available can be used if i take LG G3 16GB ? Thanks

I would guess 10 to 11 gb of space for the apps and data that cannot be moved to the SD card. For me, this will consist of a few apps (metro newspaper eats loads of space !) , and lots of camera pics and videos (high resolution) and loads of whatsapp pics and videos (whatsapp stuff cannot be moved to sd either)

......that is why i am avoiding getting the 16gb version - LG are such s**theads for not selling the 32gb in the UK...makes me so angry !

I sent an email to LG UK support and as expected, they could only tell me that at present the 32gb is not announced for the UK, nor do they know if it will be or when, blah blah blah !!

Baccer

May 12, 2010
Stuttgart
I already preordered the 32GB version :) because
- apps getting bigger like GTA
- Offline Navigation like Navigon need alot of space
- Taking pictures and Videos

at least LG sells the 32GB here. HTC won't sell the 32gb M8 and S5 also not available as 32 GB
perfect would be a G3 with 64 GB internal memory

flash555

Jun 12, 2014
I would guess 10 to 11 gb of space for the apps and data that cannot be moved to the SD card. For me, this will consist of a few apps (metro newspaper eats loads of space !) , and lots of camera pics and videos (high resolution) and loads of whatsapp pics and videos (whatsapp stuff cannot be moved to sd either)

......that is why i am avoiding getting the 16gb version - LG are such s**theads for not selling the 32gb in the UK...makes me so angry !

I sent an email to LG UK support and as expected, they could only tell me that at present the 32gb is not announced for the UK, nor do they know if it will be or when, blah blah blah !!

Thanks wyase9 for your info , i really agree with your reason about avoiding geeting the 16gb, but guess i have the same problem like you in my country (indonesia) only get the 16gb version and still don;t know when the 32 Gb will come. My friend in office also said the same like your reason they suggest i wait for the 32gb version ( Hopefully July 2014 will come )

at least LG sells the 32GB here. HTC won't sell the 32gb M8 and S5 also not available as 32 GB

thanks Baccer for your info :), i guess i will wait for the 32Gb version

Dimer81

Jul 8, 2011

Hi
Where have you preordered the 32GB version?

Baccer

May 12, 2010
Stuttgart
i guess so. Amazon.com will ship to Germany, so i guess Amazon.de will ship to USA. The only question would be, if the european model has the needed frequencies for the US and all the carriers

shining_sk

Feb 3, 2014
what about ROMs?

Is it that same custom ROM can work on both variants? Only difference i see is an extra gig of RAM. But needed a confirmation if anyone knows

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is anyone having trouble deciding on 16 vs 32GB configurations? Mainly because of the difference in RAM, with 16/2GB and 32/3GB.

Is there a difference in ROM building based on these versions? Or will all ROMs work the same on both versions? Do any other phones have the same thing, having different amounts of RAM? Not sure if I need the extra GB, but I'll have to see what ROMs support first...
    No problem here...32gb all the way.

Why would anyone choose 16/2 when you have the option of more storage and ram...makes zero sense.

Always buy the better option!

Sent from my Note 3, Note 2 or S4