Can't change lock screen wallpaper

Search This thread

mestguy182

Sep 20, 2012
Tampa, FL
justinlinnert.com
Hello All,

Strange problem, all of a sudden no matter what I try u can't change the lock screen wallpaper. Trying from gallery doesn't work, neither does trying from that lock screen settings. It worked fine about a week ago and when I try it tells me it saved/applied but never changes. I tried going back to stock launcher from Nova just to make sure that wasn't the issue but it had no effect. Any ideas?

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: sinisin

mestguy182

Sep 20, 2012
Tampa, FL
justinlinnert.com
Just wanted to update to say I can change my wallpaper by going to settings, lock screen, wallpaper and choosing wallpaper gallery, which is what the phone came pre loaded with. Choosing gallery gets the same result as before... The phone says it changes it but really doesn't.

brankomk

Jan 10, 2012
Skopje
solved lg g3 lockscreen wallpaper

The problem is with the sd card. It seems that its some kind of abug in the software that reads the files from the sd card.
Just move the files from your ad card to the phone memory, and it will change the Lockscreen wallpaper.

Cheers

gpap2004

Aug 12, 2007
Excellent! That was the problem. But this is not happening with home screens wallpaper as these are in my ext card and changing probably!

Still_living714

Aug 30, 2013
orange county
Hello All,

Strange problem, all of a sudden no matter what I try u can't change the lock screen wallpaper. Trying from gallery doesn't work, neither does trying from that lock screen settings. It worked fine about a week ago and when I try it tells me it saved/applied but never changes. I tried going back to stock launcher from Nova just to make sure that wasn't the issue but it had no effect. Any ideas?

/data/user/0/com.lg.lockscreensetting
Locate wallpaper.png
Change permission to "rwxrwxrwx"
Reboot
Win!

tron192

Oct 29, 2010
Locate wallpaper.png
Reboot
Win!
My issue is when i change the wallpaper and reboo . It resets the lockscreen back to stock. I tried changing the permission . Rebooted. Changed the wallpaper. Rebooted and right in my face i watched it change back to stock. Ugh...fml

rickriego

My issue is when i change the wallpaper and reboo . It resets the lockscreen back to stock. I tried changing the permission . Rebooted. Changed the wallpaper. Rebooted and right in my face i watched it change back to stock. Ugh...fml

i had to move my files to internal memory to solve that. googled and i think it was this thread that fix was mentioned.

PaulSN

Apr 2, 2015
Found this worked for me:

1. Go to Internal Storage/Preload/
2. Delete the files with names of previous LG Wallpapers.
3. Select your desired wallpaper (mine was a file I made and then put in my internal storage just fyi)
4. Hooray!

Tried restarting my phone, still works.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello All,

Locate wallpaper.png
    Reboot
    Win!
    Use titanium to wipe data in lockscreen settings. This has happened to me on a couple of Lg phones..
    solved lg g3 lockscreen wallpaper

The problem is with the sd card. It seems that its some kind of abug in the software that reads the files from the sd card.
    Just move the files from your ad card to the phone memory, and it will change the Lockscreen wallpaper.

Cheers
    Hello All,

Use titanium to wipe data in lockscreen settings. This has happened to me on a couple of Lg phones..
    That did the trick. Thanks