[ODIN][Radio] I545VRUAME7

Search This thread

jmackin1016

Jun 20, 2010
Bangor
How did I miss the Battery Time. Wow, I need more sleep. Well. This makes no sense. I'm going to give this another try, haven't had a chance today to do so. My battery has been holding up fine all day today on the revert. Tomorrow I shall use the modded version and see how it fares the whole day. Sorry for my mental slowness earlier

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

jorceshaman

Jul 15, 2013
Michigan
I get amazing battery life regardless but I was definitely getting better before the flash of the new radio.

BUT, I'm a trucker so constantly near a charging source and need the better signal that it gives.

I was getting about 5.6%/hr. I'm now getting closer to 8%/hr. Same usage. But even 8% gets me 12 hours... My RAZR got nowhere near that. Or my DROID or Incredible.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Redflea

Nov 23, 2009
These are in order of release. The second of course is the version of the modem from the OP. For people who don't like the new radio, just flash the MDK version. This is ONLY the modem.bin for each. I have tested both as working.

These are loaded through Goo.IM so if you download them directly to your phone and the GooManager app it verifies MD5 automatically. Either download within GooManager and my name, or from the below links and choose GooManager as the download option when prompted.

Download - modem_FLASHABLE_MDK.zip [MD5=167fcdd5bd57e4dc78946a63c8c69d46]

Download - modem_FLASHABLE_ME7.zip [MD5=02147307d65ea815fa9ba8d800d7aac9 ]

Just wanted to confirm, are these zips flashable in TWRP, or its ODIN required?

Thanks

pschatz12

Jul 1, 2012
Central NJ
Did anyone have the S3 and used to run Scott's CleanRom? I remember him having modem files that included other files that drastically improved battery life and such. I remember that updates from verizon included more then just the modem's...maybe RIL's? I'm not sure but im wondering if the verizon update included other pieces to go along with the modem? Any ideas?

Here is a link to the verizon s3 that I am talking about that might help:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1788313

It says its firmware and includes other files along with the modem. I think someone smarter than me might understand and be able to pull all the necessary files from the update ME7. Let me know if anyone can figure it out!

Last edited:

hlxanthus

Jun 10, 2011
Including them without the whole package breaks functions like WiFi. And there are a few bricked devices resulting in attempting to get it working. The only bit of the me7 firmware update we have successfully been able to merge backwards is the modem.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Redflea

Nov 23, 2009
Including them without the whole package breaks functions like WiFi. And there are a few bricked devices resulting in attempting to get it working. The only bit of the me7 firmware update we have successfully been able to merge backwards is the modem.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

And camera... :)

thepianoman77

Jul 25, 2012
Baldwin
Usual warnings: I'm not responsible for what you do to your phone blah blah blah

I yanked the radio out and flashed it via ODIN from the update that's been floating around for those that want to play with it. Flashed it on mine and doesn't seem to have caused any issues (at least on CM). After a day's worth of testing I am noticing that I do get better reception in areas that are trouble areas for me normally.

Note: CM didn't like the new DSP in the NON-HLOS.bin and gave me no audio. I reverted back to just using the new modem.bin file for now and the revert file here can be used if needed. This will restore you to the old HLOS and modem. Just flash the modem.bin below by itself without the HLOS file if you just want the radio updates.I have removed the HLOS file and instructions for the time being until developers update ROMs to be compatible. Using the updated modem is fine by itself.

- Download File

- Flash modem.bin in ODIN under PHONE and wait for PASS! (ODIN did seem to hang for a moment while the phone processed. Don't panic)

- Reboot (if you didn't have it set to do so in ODIN)

- Profit?

Post your results/findings to help other users :)

Note: If your phone has rebooted and hasn't cleared "reset" into "pass" in ODIN it's not the end of the world. As long as it was successful flashing (lower left corner of ODIN) and is currently booted into android after reboot, you're fine.

Updated Radio: http://www.mediafire.com/?jm2d34gb88jx32m
Revert File: http://www.mediafire.com/?242ruwpbqtcssd0

MD5 of updated Radio: 168FB171A19362678B73409C90F0DD61
MD5 of Revert package: 7232DCCB4C00A940B24B8FB1163D7FF0

So the current downloads work with custom ROMs?> Or is it not a good idea to flash a ROM and this radio update? Because you said you removed the HLOS, but i didn't see it clearly put that this can be done with a custom ROM.

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
So I am on MDK still...is it a bad idea to try this radio out if I am not on ME7? I am on Hyperdrive

No, you can try out the two and decide which one is better
here are flashable.zip files you can flash in recovery, much easier IMO

MDK

ME7

(modem = radio)

credit to hlxanthus for the files.

Last edited:

aznlunatic

Jan 21, 2011
Flashed the ME7 radio for a couple weeks now and i just recently had problems with my phones, it shuts down randomly. I used the phone to check for time, then put it back into my pocket, a few minutes later i take it out and the phone is completely off to where i have to hold the power button to turn the device on again. There was a thread on the verizon forum with a couple people saying after the OTA update it started to happen with them so im wondering if the radio is the issue or hardware issue. So i reverted back to the MDK radio to see if it was the radio that was causing this issue, it was the last thing i installed before this starting happening a few days ago

Last edited:

jlegros

Apr 24, 2012
Wintersville, Ohio
Flashed the ME7 radio for a couple weeks now and i just recently had problems with my phones, it shuts down randomly. I used the phone to check for time, then put it back into my pocket, a few minutes later i take it out and the phone is completely off to where i have to hold the power button to turn the device on again. There was a thread on the verizon forum with a couple people saying after the OTA update it started to happen with them so im wondering if the radio is the issue or hardware issue. So i reverted back to the MDK radio to see if it was the radio that was causing this issue, it was the last thing i installed before this starting happening a few days ago

Mine did this last night while on charge. Was also super late for work but I never took the update. Could be something else?

s0m3f00l

Jul 18, 2010
Jersey City
After several days of testing. It appears the radio needs a reset about once an hour on dubs google edition. It also needs a reset if you get out of coverage and back in or if your going to wifi. I would not recommend this to anyone running dubs google edition in the nyc area. Mdk has none of these issues. I have now reverted and all issues disappeared.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app

imaverik

May 17, 2010
ME7 Modem only flash

Flashed the modem.bin only for me7. The signal is much better no matter where we go.

CASE:
Wife says signal is kinda ****ty and not sure if she wants to keep s4 and may want he s3 back.... I flash this radio.... wife loves the s4.
END:

Do I need to say anymore?

For the techies....
Battery drain on my s4 has always been an issue (stock bettery)... never saw more than 7 hours before hitting 14%.... after modem flash i get the 14% in 6.5 hrs so it definitely does suck more juice... but i have a 7500maH battery know so i could care less about battery drain.

OVERALL:
For sure a positive increase in signal with the cost of about half an hour of battery life over the course of a complete battery drain on stock battery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Usual warnings: I'm not responsible for what you do to your phone blah blah blah

I yanked the radio out and flashed it via ODIN from the update that's been floating around for those that want to play with it. Flashed it on mine and doesn't seem to have caused any issues (at least on CM). After a day's worth of testing I am noticing that I do get better reception in areas that are trouble areas for me normally.

Note: CM didn't like the new DSP in the NON-HLOS.bin and gave me no audio. I reverted back to just using the new modem.bin file for now and the revert file here can be used if needed. This will restore you to the old HLOS and modem. Just flash the modem.bin below by itself without the HLOS file if you just want the radio updates.I have removed the HLOS file and instructions for the time being until developers update ROMs to be compatible. Using the updated modem is fine by itself.

- Download File

- Flash modem.bin in ODIN under PHONE and wait for PASS! (ODIN did seem to hang for a moment while the phone processed. Don't panic)

- Reboot (if you didn't have it set to do so in ODIN)

- Profit?

Post your results/findings to help other users :)

Note: If your phone has rebooted and hasn't cleared "reset" into "pass" in ODIN it's not the end of the world. As long as it was successful flashing (lower left corner of ODIN) and is currently booted into android after reboot, you're fine.

Updated Radio: http://www.mediafire.com/?jm2d34gb88jx32m
    Revert File: http://www.mediafire.com/?242ruwpbqtcssd0

MD5 of updated Radio: 168FB171A19362678B73409C90F0DD61
    MD5 of Revert package: 7232DCCB4C00A940B24B8FB1163D7FF0
    So I am on MDK still...is it a bad idea to try this radio out if I am not on ME7? I am on Hyperdrive

MDK

ME7

(modem = radio)

Can someone do Flashable zip with radio,I want try to flaf it on sprints4, via odin it chek cheksums.

These are in order of release. The second of course is the version of the modem from the OP. For people who don't like the new radio, just flash the MDK version. This is ONLY the modem.bin for each. I have tested both as working.

These are loaded through Goo.IM so if you download them directly to your phone and the GooManager app it verifies MD5 automatically. Either download within GooManager and my name, or from the below links and choose GooManager as the download option when prompted.

Download - modem_FLASHABLE_MDK.zip [MD5=167fcdd5bd57e4dc78946a63c8c69d46]

Download - modem_FLASHABLE_ME7.zip [MD5=02147307d65ea815fa9ba8d800d7aac9 ]
    I am willing to give this a shot since you mentioned it helped with your signal in your apt. In my case my location is kinda problematic because of how close it is to Verizon's home network, but I am physically located within the extended network. So in my apartment my signal fluctuates quite a bit, and more so depending on which room I am in (my living room must be close enough to get the home network, but my bedroom is just outside of it's reach).

**Just got done and here's the results - I was able to flash the modem.bin you posted on my stock rooted phone and right off the bat things seem to be better signal wise. After rebooting the phone there were no issues that I can see or find, everything seems to be functioning correctly. Phone calls seem to sound a little better (I have no idea if it's a fluke because of the hour or the new radio), and data hasn't been impacted at all.

I also noticed a small improvement in the signal strength readings, but I will keep monitoring it to make sure it's not a random fluke.

MDK

ME7

(modem = radio)

Worked great! Flashed ME 7 radio last night without Odin!

You should add this option to the OP! :thumbup: