ES File Explorer Help

Search This thread

wuufer001

Feb 4, 2009
A couple of questions,

I used to use this app on the HTC One (M7),

-i was able to create folders and move files around
-also had an option on some websites including facebook to download via 'ES Downloader' when i clicked on a video.

now on the Z2
-creating folder and moving files around is not possible anymore, am using the 'File Commander' app that is preintalled to do so
i needed this function as the Z2 internal storage is just not enough, have to move media files to the SD card.
(have seen somewhere that KitKat has stopped this function on the ES app, this true?

-no option of the ES downloader to download videos anymore when i click on a video, it just goes straight to playback.
i'm not sure if its the KitKat thing, because my HTC One was on KitKat also when i was able to do all the above mentioned

and feedback is greatly appreciated

TIA

****Both devices are NOT rooted

Last edited:

hotnikkelz

Mar 17, 2009
HTC probably did something to make it work. KitKat issue though. Only file commander seems to work like u said.

pvyParts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
You need to root to write on SD card with ES.

to clear things up

both the devices are factory without root

Kit kat has locked the ext sd to have special perms thanks google...

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/fix-your-sdcard-issue-on-kitkat/

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...at-and-even-samsung-may-be-implementing-them/

from another thread.

You need to edit the platform.xml file under system/etc/permissions/ in order for any "USER" app to edit the external SD card.

This is a KitKat issue (not Sony).

Google for instructions.

hope that clears it up for you.

Reactions: wuufer001

wuufer001

Feb 4, 2009
Because i download quite a few videos, and those apps initially have the download content on the internal storage, being this phone only has 16GB, it's now such a pain
i'm no android system pro and really not confident in editing or changing any of the factory settings, i probably will just carry on and do the download then use the File Commander to move the content from internal to SD

Top Liked Posts