Headphone Hack

Search This thread

danutHD

Apr 7, 2011
Bucharest
I was thinking of buying some new headphones, but then I saw this post. I was lucky to have some old Sennheiser CX 300 headphones in a drawer. I have opened up both headphones, changed wires and played some music. I have now some Sennheiser, HTC compatible, hands-free. :D

Thank you for the idea. I did not think of taking pictures, but if anyone needs help, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will try and offer more details. I have attached some pictures of the result.

Attachments

• IMAG0191.jpg
    IMAG0191.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 478
  • IMAG0198.jpg
    IMAG0198.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 458
  • IMAG0199.jpg
    IMAG0199.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 448
  • IMAG0200.jpg
    IMAG0200.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 454

suku_patel_22

Jun 22, 2011
Mumbai
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 4a
I was thinking of buying some new headphones, but then I saw this post. I was lucky to have some old Sennheiser CX 300 headphones in a drawer. I have opened up both headphones, changed wires and played some music. I have now some Sennheiser, HTC compatible, hands-free. :D

Thank you for the idea. I did not think of taking pictures, but if anyone needs help, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will try and offer more details. I have attached some pictures of the result.

How did you open the sennheiser. Earpieces?

Swyped from my HTC Desire S

danutHD

Apr 7, 2011
Bucharest
It is quite simple actualy.

1. Remove the rubber parts that go inside the ear.
2. Remove he silver parts. You can swype your fingernails around hem and they will pop out.
3. As the silver parts are the only thing that keeps the headphones togheter, your should now have access to the wires.
4. The rest is just unsoldering the old wires and solder back the new ones.

If i did not make myself understood i shall try to open one my headphones again and take pictures.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA

danutHD

Apr 7, 2011
Bucharest
The volume is a bit higher than the original headphones. What I like most is that sound is far more clear now than it used to be and that the headphones are more confortable.

I for one want some headphones that can cover the noise on the subway and with this tweak I can listen to music quite well in the subway, but still, listening to audiobooks is a bit tricky. I did not root my phone yet so I do not know if I can tweak anything to the sound so as to make audiobooks more listenable.

Reactions: suku_patel_22

yas87

Feb 16, 2009
Milano
Hi guys, i got these earphones as gift from a friend (not pink :p), are sony, and have mic built in aswell a button, but don't woth with my htc desire s. I checked around but fuond out that they work only with the galaxy s (1), then i tryed on a nokia, all worked well... do you have any idea on how is the htc schemantics for earphones?
When i write that these don't work i mean that the sound is really really low, and some frequences are cutted off (human voice) but if i take the unique button pushed down sound is good.
Built-in microphone don't work every thing i do.
If i short circuit 2 points that connect button for sure, but i think the microphone aswell sound work good as you can imagine.
Any idea?
Apologize for my bad english :)

maxlieb

Sep 16, 2011
Found someone who sells those

Did use this hack till headphones died

(my soldering quality was not good enough because it
kept disconnecting and had to re-solder it a few times
and the last time It killed the headphone)

then I found this on ebay... thought you would be interested:)
hxxp://tinyurl.com/92fdh98

nikhilmulay

Jul 26, 2012
Super idea! I had been wanting to change the earphones for sometime now but did not want the mic to go.. now with this i can!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just spent about 30 mins hacking the supplied headphone cable to take any 3.5mm and it was very, very easy.

The buttons unclick off the control unit with no damage and with a bit of careful prying the board will come out of the housing.

Add a female 3.5mm from the end of a extension lead and you have a lead with full controls and mic with any headphones.

IMAG0015.jpg

The volume is a bit higher than the original headphones. What I like most is that sound is far more clear now than it used to be and that the headphones are more confortable.

I for one want some headphones that can cover the noise on the subway and with this tweak I can listen to music quite well in the subway, but still, listening to audiobooks is a bit tricky. I did not root my phone yet so I do not know if I can tweak anything to the sound so as to make audiobooks more listenable.