• Minimal driver changes(?)

Not included:
  • Latest standard market
  • Stage 1.7 update on market

Last edited:

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
I dont know if/when i'll be able to fish up the us4g or eu wifi ones as the 506/507 ones were named very stupidly. I didnt find the original 514 us wifi one but i did find the eu 3g one.

Keep in mind that this version may be techincally a leak, it was built on dec 19th and shouldnt be released till next week or so under their normal schedule (this is also completely ignoring the fact that the past few weeks have been holiday weeks).

If 514 really hits OTA it may not be till the end of the month

cdzo72

Hi, Problem with Recovery.img of 514 EU Wifi in Wiki Recovery Error 404.

Greettings

Yeah I can confirm there is a download error for the US 4G recovery... if TheManii took it down then it was probably for a reason and he will get back to us. I'm gonna try and flash using the 506 recovery and see what happens.. report back in a little bit

UPDATE: I flashed the 506 recovery that I used to flash the US 4G update package and it worked just fine for installing this update

Last edited:

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
Thanks for the link but there's nothing wrong with the .pkg files links, only the recoveries as far as I can tell
It was mentioned above that it would be released by Dell soon and I ran across it. Funny, checking for updates, still shows no updates!

Just a confused newbie! Since I'm still stock, I can go this route.

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
The 514 recs havnt been prepared yet, I'm gonna do them soon.

If you already have 506/7 installed you can simply use the equivilent 506/7 rec

Edit: recs have been uploaded for 514 now

Last edited:
Reactions: SharkBait Ha

Wetzel402

Who has had success rooting the new build with superoneclick? I tried twice and it hung on step 7 both times. I then proceeded to install superuser via cwm and now have root.

Because I am still somewhat of a noob regarding Android I am not sure if superoneclick did a partial root or what.

One the plus side for some reason the update seems faster. My titanium backups are installing noticeably quicker.

cdzo72

Who has had success rooting the new build with superoneclick? I tried twice and it hung on step 7 both times. I then proceeded to install superuser via cwm and now have root.

Because I am still somewhat of a noob regarding Android I am not sure if superoneclick did a partial root or what.

One the plus side for some reason the update seems faster. My titanium backups are installing noticeably quicker.

I tried updating to the 514 today and wasn't able to root unless I flashed HoneyStreak R8, which I don't want to really do because for some reason Netflix will not run on R8 here in Costa Rica, but when I was in the USA last month I had no problems. Well then I tried to go back by flashing the 506 ROm for my US 4G Streak 7 and couldn't root that either, once again the only way to root was by flashing HoneyStreak R8...

If anyone has any ideas I'm open. If not, about the only thing I know to do is NVFlash HoneyStreak R2 and start from there

mobilemedic

Jan 22, 2007
Snowflake
Wanted to report a positive bug fixed with 514 vs 512 that came with my device. When docked in my video dock, the streak will ask to disable the speakers ok or cancel. with 512 no matter what was said it disabled. With 514 it works :)

Now I can dock at my desk and watch Netflix :)

Have not found any bugs yet....

Last edited:

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
I believe 514 was a specific hotfix related to the dock, at least that's what I hear

mobilemedic

Jan 22, 2007
Snowflake
I'm damn happy they fixed it. After seeing Dell stopped selling the streaks and the Video Docks I honestly thought I was screwed. Surprised they even continued to bring out software updates.

Bad enough I couldn't even get a Streak 7 dock. Morons sent me a streak 5 dock. And then told me after I attempted to return that they do not have one for the streak 7 in stock nor are they replenishing.

A pair of Dikes and a bit of patience fixed that problem :)

Top Liked Posts