[Q] Change MAC adress on S3 mini CM11

Search This thread

macieek1235

Mar 2, 2014
How can I change the MAC adress on my phone (with CM 11)
I tried in terminal
su
busybox iplink show wlan0
etc.
but I got iplink: applet not found

I installed busybox 1.22.1-Stericson

What should I do to change Mac adress on my phone?

EDIT

su
ip link set wlan0 address 00:00:00:00:00:00

That commad works but I have to turn on wi-fi before type it :)

Last edited:

tys0n

How can I change the MAC adress on my phone (with CM 11)
I tried in terminal
su
busybox iplink show wlan0
etc.
but I got iplink: applet not found

I installed busybox 1.22.1-Stericson

What shoul I do to change Mac adress on my phone?
I can see my mac adress in "/efs/wifi/.mac.info" & "/efs/wifi/.mac.cob"

There is also something about mac in "/etc/wifi/nvram_net.txt" but it doesnt show same adress.
Isn't mac adress somehow coded in the hardware?

I suggest you make a full backup of efs and related partitions if you want to try to change anything, and also make sure you know how to restore them. Messing around with them can get your IMEI wiped.

macieek1235

Mar 2, 2014
I can see my mac adress in "/efs/wifi/.mac.info" & "/efs/wifi/.mac.cob"

There is also something about mac in "/etc/wifi/nvram_net.txt" but it doesnt show same adress.
Isn't mac adress somehow coded in the hardware?

I suggest you make a full backup of efs and related partitions if you want to try to change anything, and also make sure you know how to restore them. Messing around with them can get your IMEI wiped.

yes it is coded in hardware but I think I can change it not in hardware but in software because a read about that many times but people did it on the other phones.

Do you think I should change mac adress in "/efs/wifi/.mac.info" & "/efs/wifi/.mac.cob"?

P.S. I haven,t got any problems with doing backup (including efs partition) ;)

tys0n

yes it is coded in hardware but I think I can change it not in hardware but in software because a read about that many times but people did it on the other phones.

Do you think I should change mac adress in "/efs/wifi/.mac.info" & "/efs/wifi/.mac.cob"?

P.S. I haven,t got any problems with doing backup (including efs partition) ;)
Yeah, I guess you can try but you're responsible for what you do with your phone :p
I doubt your IMEI will get wiped or anything by changing those, if it's even possible.