Unknown baseband

Search This thread

tempest2112

Aug 25, 2007
Manchester
This is the screen I get when trying to update the baseband, even running prod in compatability and as admin

CODE
00:00.0 Sec : Download Start...
00:02.0 Sec :RomBinary Download start
00:02.0 Sec :pSI RAM writing start
00:02.0 Sec :Trying to communicate with IFX modem
00:07.2 Sec :Confirm IFX communication
00:07.2 Sec :pSI RAM writing end
00:07.2 Sec :Start PSI RAM
00:07.2 Sec :EBL writing start
00:27.2 Sec :Timeout error is occured
00:27.2 Sec :error!

Hope someone can help me here. I have followed the various threads with no luck at all. Each time I get the time out message and then error. I had previously flashed FR12 and this baseband then tried the Eternity kernel, which kept going in a boot loop. I decided to go back to FR12 and update to this baseband but have only succeeded in putting FR12 on the phone, but with this I get a "No Network" message, (O2 Simplicity, UK), even putting in the APN manually (using the settings from a Samsung Galaxy which I use as a second phone with the same SIM card.

I can get into CWM, root phone, nvflash, so the only issue is no baseband at all, everything else on the phone works fine and I can install all the current roms. Does any one know a way to install original firmware ( i assume this would have the rom and baseband in) and where I can get the required files.

Many thanks

I have checked in the phone info and it shows as "baseband unknown", hence no signal ,though wifi works but the phone is useless, really would like to know how to get a baseband back on the phone.

Last edited:

tempest2112

Aug 25, 2007
Manchester
On Win 7 Ultimate and have tried running as Admin but still get the timeout error. Have aslso tried to run in compatability mode but with the same result :-(

tempest2112

Aug 25, 2007
Manchester
I have run the following

UK
BIN_LGP990AT-00-V10b-234-XX-MAR-14-2011+0

using smartflash. I still encounter the same problem in that the fls file keeps timing out at the same point, but I can run the bin file and it completes no problem.
All device drivers are installed so still doing alot of head scratching over this.

Kickasskev

Jul 31, 2010
Sunderland
I would try re-downloading smartflash + drivers again just to make sure there wasn't a problem when installing them, may not have installed correctly

tempest2112

Aug 25, 2007
Manchester
Thanks for the guidance here. I have looked at the thread and have had nvflash running and successfully used it to flash a rom onto the phone. The only problem is that they don't seem to contain the baseband as well. Does anyone know of a nvflash rom which contains the baseband or how to use nvflash to put a baseband on the phone.

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
Thanks for the guidance here. I have looked at the thread and have had nvflash running and successfully used it to flash a rom onto the phone. The only problem is that they don't seem to contain the baseband as well. Does anyone know of a nvflash rom which contains the baseband or how to use nvflash to put a baseband on the phone.
Instructions and download basebands here

http://android.modaco.com/content/l...lash-stock-baseband-release-1035-21-20110405/

tempest2112

Aug 25, 2007
Manchester
I have followed the instructions in this thread previously but it still does not install the baseband. Is it possible that it just updates an existing one and as mine is "unknown" the programme will not work?

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
I have followed the instructions in this thread previously but it still does not install the baseband. Is it possible that it just updates an existing one and as mine is "unknown" the programme will not work?
Have u tried reflashing the original firmware? Original firmware comes with baseband and if flashed should override your existing baseband.

Reactions: tempest2112

tempest2112

Aug 25, 2007
Manchester
The only original firmware I can find is from this thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1035041

but when extracted it has two files (.bin and .fls) Smartflash will let me flash the .bin file on its own but I can't flaash the .fls as it stalls at the point indicated. Is there another way to flash the original firmware I can try? (other than smartflash)

Zanr Zij

Nov 28, 2010
Halong Bay
www.maychuchuyendung.vn
As my experience, you should:

- Try again more than 1 time. Cp bin ~ .fls, Ap bin ~ .bin.
- Change the LG cable by another.
- Using nvflash packed firmware to restore original 10b.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1007825

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:
Reactions: tempest2112

tempest2112

Aug 25, 2007
Manchester
:) :) :) :) HAPPY!!!!!!

Have now managed to get the phone flashed with rom and baseband so it is now fully working. Used original firmware from

http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1035041 (many thanks for providing this info)

Used this actual firmware
EURO OPEN
BIN_LGP990AT-00-V10b-NEU-XXX-APR-05-2011+0

Like to thank people who responded to my thread as they kept pointing me in the same direction I had been so it made me determined that somehow it should work and I can't think of anything different I did this time but smartflash worked. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it numerous times, maybe that sorted it.

Once again thanks .

Last edited:

tempest2112

Aug 25, 2007
Manchester
Now very unhappy!!!!!!!

After restoring phone back to having a baseband I successfully flashed Fearkill 6.1 rom.after booting saw that I had put on the lg not the vanilla version so downloaded the vanilla and put onto the sdcard. Booted into cwm and factory reset and wiped davlik. Then installed the rom and the phone booted back up and I have NO BASEBAND again!!!
Why would that happen?

So now back to square one trying to get a baseband back in again. Retracing my previous steps but keep getting the time out again.

Back in business again, only took 30 mins to sort it out. If anyone knows why the baseband disappeared of the phone please let me know so I know what to look out for when flashing

Last edited:

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
Now very unhappy!!!!!!!

After restoring phone back to having a baseband I successfully flashed Fearkill 6.1 rom.after booting saw that I had put on the lg not the vanilla version so downloaded the vanilla and put onto the sdcard. Booted into cwm and factory reset and wiped davlik. Then installed the rom and the phone booted back up and I have NO BASEBAND again!!!
Why would that happen?

So now back to square one trying to get a baseband back in again. Retracing my previous steps but keep getting the time out again.

Back in business again, only took 30 mins to sort it out. If anyone knows why the baseband disappeared of the phone please let me know so I know what to look out for when flashing
If I were u stay with stock rom + Paul's performance fix for now. Wait till CM7 drops and try it.

I'm on that combination and testing out nexus one style of battery calibration now. Pretty impressed before it auto shutdown at 0% the voltage was 3362mV.

Last edited:

tempest2112

Aug 25, 2007
Manchester
Now very unhappy!!!!!!!

Why would that happen?

Ok this is really starting to p**s me off now:mad: Updated to FR12 ( used before with no probs) and my baseband went again (showing as "unknown") so again without a phone. NOw having the original problems of smartflash timing out, have done numerous reinstalls with it and tried all my isb ports and four different leads. Is there any other way to put a baseband on the phone:confused: I can still flash roms and use nvflash without a problem.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts