[MOD] ICS Transitions For CM7

Search This thread

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Since the latest updates to our Eclipse and CM7 have the ICS Transitions included, There is really no more need for this. Unless you want to add it to a different ROM that doesnt have them. In that case, use the link to the Original thread. Thanks

I came across this little tool in my quest for ICS transitions. This worked for me so I decided to share with everyone in the X2 forum. I only tried this on CM7 but it should work for all ROMs since it is using your own framework-res and SystemUI files. Before starting, I believe this is only for windows computers due to the fact that the patcher is a .exe file. But if you know how to run these files in other operating systems then you are good. Backup your ROM before flashing. I'm not responsible if you end up having to SBF.

All you need to do to get this to work for you is:

1. Download the patcher to your desktop here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19285951&postcount=41
2. Extract files from .zip
3. Copy your framework-res.apk and your SystemUI.apk from your phone to your desktop.
4. Place your framework-res.apk in the res/framework folder
5. place your SystemUI.apk in the res/app folder
6. Run the patcher.exe included in the file
7. After maybe 10 minutes or less, it will produce two zip files. One is the ICS transitions and the other is, I'm assuming, a backup in case you decide you want your old transitions back.
8. Flash the .zip with the ICS transitions to your device in bootstrap recovery.
9. Restart and you should have the new transition effect.

I hope this is helpful to everyone. It was for me. Thanks to Achep, capez and DaxIΠFIΠITY for making this awesome patcher.

UPDATE: I have attached the two .zip files that I created using this patcher tool. I'm not 100% but I'll bet its safe to say that these are ONLY for the CM7 ROM for the X2 since I used the two files from that ROM to make it. I don't suggest flashing this on any other ROM than CM7 for DX2. If you want to try this on another ROM, use the patcher tool in the link above and use the files from your own ROM. There are two files. One is the ICS transitions and the other is an "undo" zip that should set you back to normal.

WARNING: It has been reported that if you have used metamorph to modify your theme in any way, you may get a bootloop If you flash my files. If you have used metamorph, I suggest using the patcher tool and creating your own file rather than flash mine.

Attachments

• update-capez-ICS-mod-ac-patch.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 160
  • update-capez-ICS-mod-ac-undo.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Maybe u could upload the zip? Not everyone has a decent PC....

whoa look at that....

Attached is the file I flashed to my phone. I am on CM7 and I suggest if you are on any other ROM, to follow the steps in the first post with your own files. And I am just going to repeat myself and say backup before flashing. Good luck.

Attachments

• update-capez-ICS-mod-ac-patch.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 59
Reactions: king..kranium

kennyb6

Jan 21, 2012
Attached is the file I flashed to my phone. I am on CM7 and I suggest if you are on any other ROM, to follow the steps in the first post with your own files. And I am just going to repeat myself and say backup before flashing. Good luck.

What exactly are the ics transitions?

Sent from my MB870 using XDA

iBolski

Pulled my two files from Eclipse 2.1 and when I run the patcher program, I get the following:

Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, :\Temp\APKTOOL672838009714900771.tmp, -x, -S, D:\Downloads\Droid\ICS-easy-patcher\res\framework\framework-res\res, -M, D:\Downloads\Droid\ICS-easy-patcher\res\framework\framework-res\AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.jav
a:193)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:301)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:248)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:171)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:154)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:174)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:59)
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\T
emp\APKTOOL672838009714900771.tmp, -x, -S, D:\Downloads\Droid\ICS-easy-patcher\r
es\framework\framework-res\res, -M, D:\Downloads\Droid\ICS-easy-patcher\res\fram
ework\framework-res\AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:83)
a:191)
... 6 more

ERROR WHEN COMPILING!!! - framework-res.apk

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Pulled my two files from Eclipse 2.1 and when I run the patcher program, I get the following:

Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, :\Temp\APKTOOL672838009714900771.tmp, -x, -S, D:\Downloads\Droid\ICS-easy-patcher\res\framework\framework-res\res, -M, D:\Downloads\Droid\ICS-easy-patcher\res\framework\framework-res\AndroidManifest.xml]
a:193)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:301)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:248)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:171)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:154)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:174)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:59)
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\T
emp\APKTOOL672838009714900771.tmp, -x, -S, D:\Downloads\Droid\ICS-easy-patcher\r
es\framework\framework-res\res, -M, D:\Downloads\Droid\ICS-easy-patcher\res\fram
ework\framework-res\AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:83)
a:191)
... 6 more

ERROR WHEN COMPILING!!! - framework-res.apk

Thats odd. Well like I said, I only tried this on CM7. Maybe Eclipse's framework is different? The thread I got this from said it was for all ROMs so I dont know why it wouldn't work for Eclipse as well. What OS are you using. I did this on an XP machine. I dont know if that would make a difference.

iBolski

Thats odd. Well like I said, I only tried this on CM7. Maybe Eclipse's framework is different? The thread I got this from said it was for all ROMs so I dont know why it wouldn't work for Eclipse as well. What OS are you using. I did this on an XP machine. I dont know if that would make a difference.

It's an XP machine as well. I'm sure the APKs are different since Eclipse is based on the stock blur ROM while CM7 is AOSP.

No biggie. Thanks for posting this.

Bohnsta

Feb 12, 2012
Fredericksburg
I just flashed this and I'm running into an issue.

Before I flashed I made a Back Up like you suggested. After that was done I wiped cache and dalvik. I flashed the .zip you posted and wiped cache and dalvik again. I rebooted back into CM7 and found that some transitions were laggy so I wanted to go get my back up. When I tried to get into the CM7 System recovery mode it just shuts off my phone. Any ideas?

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I just flashed this and I'm running into an issue.

Before I flashed I made a Back Up like you suggested. After that was done I wiped cache and dalvik. I flashed the .zip you posted and wiped cache and dalvik again. I rebooted back into CM7 and found that some transitions were laggy so I wanted to go get my back up. When I tried to get into the CM7 System recovery mode it just shuts off my phone. Any ideas?

I dont think this should mess with the CM7 System Recovery. And I dont know if wiping that many times had anything to do with it but when I installed this, I didnt wipe anything. Just flashed and rebooted. It didnt mess up your phone did it? If your phone is on, make sure your super user app is granting root permissions to the CM7 app. Thats the only thing I can think of that might be keeping you from booting into system recovery.

Bohnsta

Feb 12, 2012
Fredericksburg
I dont think this should mess with the CM7 System Recovery. And I dont know if wiping that many times had anything to do with it but when I installed this, I didnt wipe anything. Just flashed and rebooted. It didnt mess up your phone did it? If your phone is on, make sure your super user app is granting root permissions to the CM7 app. Thats the only thing I can think of that might be keeping you from booting into system recovery.

No my phone is fine and su granted permission to cm7 recovery. It is all good in hood though. I just SBF'd to 2.3.4 earlier so it's not a hassle to do it again!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using XDA

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
No my phone is fine and su granted permission to cm7 recovery. It is all good in hood though. I just SBF'd to 2.3.4 earlier so it's not a hassle to do it again!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using XDA

Sorry to hear that. I have no idea why your CM7 System Recovery would be messed up. If you get everything back in order maybe try again. Travisdroidx2 reported it working for him.

king..kranium

Jan 30, 2012
Mamou

This happened to me as i did the same... updated to susuperuser and Viola problem solved

whoa look at that....

Travisdroidx2

Sep 9, 2011
Bay Area California
Sorry to hear that. I have no idea why your CM7 System Recovery would be messed up. If you get everything back in order maybe try again. Travisdroidx2 reported it working for him.

I always wipe partition and dalvik before flashing a theme. And when I restored my back up I always wipe data and cache before restoring. Then before I reboot I flash rerecovery for CM7 and reboot. I had no issues at all and it worked just as he said.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since the latest updates to our Eclipse and CM7 have the ICS Transitions included, There is really no more need for this. Unless you want to add it to a different ROM that doesnt have them. In that case, use the link to the Original thread. Thanks

I came across this little tool in my quest for ICS transitions. This worked for me so I decided to share with everyone in the X2 forum. I only tried this on CM7 but it should work for all ROMs since it is using your own framework-res and SystemUI files. Before starting, I believe this is only for windows computers due to the fact that the patcher is a .exe file. But if you know how to run these files in other operating systems then you are good. Backup your ROM before flashing. I'm not responsible if you end up having to SBF.

All you need to do to get this to work for you is:

1. Download the patcher to your desktop here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19285951&postcount=41
    2. Extract files from .zip
    3. Copy your framework-res.apk and your SystemUI.apk from your phone to your desktop.
    4. Place your framework-res.apk in the res/framework folder
    5. place your SystemUI.apk in the res/app folder
    6. Run the patcher.exe included in the file
    7. After maybe 10 minutes or less, it will produce two zip files. One is the ICS transitions and the other is, I'm assuming, a backup in case you decide you want your old transitions back.
    8. Flash the .zip with the ICS transitions to your device in bootstrap recovery.
    9. Restart and you should have the new transition effect.

I hope this is helpful to everyone. It was for me. Thanks to Achep, capez and DaxIΠFIΠITY for making this awesome patcher.

UPDATE: I have attached the two .zip files that I created using this patcher tool. I'm not 100% but I'll bet its safe to say that these are ONLY for the CM7 ROM for the X2 since I used the two files from that ROM to make it. I don't suggest flashing this on any other ROM than CM7 for DX2. If you want to try this on another ROM, use the patcher tool in the link above and use the files from your own ROM. There are two files. One is the ICS transitions and the other is an "undo" zip that should set you back to normal.

WARNING: It has been reported that if you have used metamorph to modify your theme in any way, you may get a bootloop If you flash my files. If you have used metamorph, I suggest using the patcher tool and creating your own file rather than flash mine.
    I'm using the paid ADW. Weird. I dunno man. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot though.

Sent from my MB870 using XDA

Ok, just trying to troubleshoot this one more time. If you go into ADW settings and select general behavior, then animations and effects, go down to the bottom and make sure "Desktop Zoom" is not checked. Then go back to general behavior and go into System Preferences. At the very bottom select "opening transition" and select Default (android managed). If this doesnt work, I dont know why you arent seeing it.

EDIT: Actually "desktop zoom" has nothing to do with it. I need to figure out where the option was again for turning off the transitions when hitting the home button. The option I found was just for ENTERING the app. I use ADW paid too. You'd think I'd know this. lol

EDIT 2: Another thought is to go into your regular settings and select display. Then see if you have the option selected to show all animations.

Edit 3 (lol): Another thing to check is in the spare parts app. Check your animation setting in there.
    Maybe u could upload the zip? Not everyone has a decent PC....

whoa look at that....

I flashed it this morning and had no problems. I did decide to go back to what I had before and had no problems restoring my nano back up. I am using cm7 as well.
    I notice the screen looking like a vibrate effect when entering and exiting. One odd thing I did notice was looking at some facebook pictures and pressing the back button to go back to the album and it stayed on the pic I was looking at. No biggie though, press back again and I was out.

Sent from My MB870/DROID X2 Running CM7

A vibrate effect? Different from what the video shows that I linked earlier in the thread? And I had that problem with a different app. RSSDemon. I hit back and it looks like it goes back but doesn't change the page. I think that happened before I flashed this though. I don't think it has to do with this. Probably just the app.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk