[DEV][APP][4.3] ASUS Camera - Start Porting For All Devices.

Search This thread

Dragonkind

Aug 4, 2012
Chureki
This is a development plan of porting AsusCamera.apk.

Coz I like the function of PixelMaster so much.

I have decompiled and sign for the apk now.

And it is able to be installed.

But worst of all, it can not be opened...

Now I hope anyone can help me to do this.

If this thread is not suitable for this category, hope manager can move it to the correct one.

Don't delete it, plz...

Software Source: ASUS Padfone mini 4.3's stock ROM (TW_A11_10_14_5_7_20131220)

Android Version: 4.3

Device Camera Pixel: 8MP

Test Device: SONY Xperia SP (12.1.A.1.201)

Sorry for my poor English...

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs

If this thread is not suitable for this category, hope manager can move it to the correct one.

Don't delete it, plz...

You need to find all the library files, permissions and maybe some binaries for the apk..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Dragonkind

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston

Don't delete it, plz...

I would recommend taking a look at this guide on "How to Port OEM Apps / Vendor Apps to Your Current ROM" as a great starting place for starting to get the app to work.

Dragonkind

Aug 4, 2012
Chureki
You need to find all the library files, permissions and maybe some binaries for the apk..

Thank u for your advices. :)

U mean the path "/system/lib", right?

I have found 4 files (below) which contain "camera" in their names, but just have no idea to add into apk file.

Is there any possibility to the files that don't contain "camera", but are relative to the camera?

I would recommend taking a look at this guide on "How to Port OEM Apps / Vendor Apps to Your Current ROM" as a great starting place for starting to get the app to work.

OK, I will take it a read, thank u. (y)

Attachments

• files.zip
    237.9 KB · Views: 4,193

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston

I have found 4 files (below) which contain "camera" in their names, but just have no idea to add into apk file.

Is there any possibility to the files that don't contain "camera", but are relative to the camera?

Once you find out the dependent files (Re-read the guide) you take these files and package them in CWM flashable .zip not necessarily adding them into the apk file.

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs

Yes system/lib.. you can transfer them via recovery too instead of making a flash able zip..
Yes there are possibilities that there will be files without the name camera in them.. but that's what logs are for;)

Dragonkind

Aug 4, 2012
Chureki
Once you find out the dependent files (Re-read the guide) you take these files and package them in CWM flashable .zip not necessarily adding them into the apk file.

Yes system/lib.. you can transfer them via recovery too instead of making a flash able zip..
Yes there are possibilities that there will be files without the name camera in them.. but that's what logs are for;)

Frankly speaking, I am preparing for my mid-term test now...

Let me read the guide first. :)

Thx for your helps~

Reactions: Dewsy

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

clamum

Jan 10, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Oh man, I would love to be able to get the PixelMaster app back on my Zenfone 2 (I'm running Cyanogenmod 12). The default Google camera sucks horribly compared to the stock ASUS camera app.

Has there been any more work on this project? I'm gonna read that guide myself and work on it, but I guess I'd have to put the stock ROM back on my phone first.

ejames2001

Oct 24, 2014
Oh man, I would love to be able to get the PixelMaster app back on my Zenfone 2 (I'm running Cyanogenmod 12). The default Google camera sucks horribly compared to the stock ASUS camera app.

Has there been any more work on this project? I'm gonna read that guide myself and work on it, but I guess I'd have to put the stock ROM back on my phone first.

If you install the apk on the zf2 with cm12 it works. Only issue I've found is the depth of field doesn't work

clamum

Jan 10, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Well I tried installing that .apk from the OP. Had to allow installation from unknown sources first, then after hitting Install, it asked me to give Google permission to send data and whatever else. Regardless if I select Accept or Decline, I always get an "App not installed" message.

Damnit, I was looking forward to using it! I think I'm gonna try stripping it from the stock ROM myself.

ejames2001

Oct 24, 2014
Well I tried installing that .apk from the OP. Had to allow installation from unknown sources first, then after hitting Install, it asked me to give Google permission to send data and whatever else. Regardless if I select Accept or Decline, I always get an "App not installed" message.

Damnit, I was looking forward to using it! I think I'm gonna try stripping it from the stock ROM myself.

Just google Asus Camera APK and download the latest 2.0 release from there, one was released this month.

clamum

Jan 10, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Just google Asus Camera APK and download the latest 2.0 release from there, one was released this month.

Alrighty, thanks. I actually was searching for PixelMaster .apk this weekend but didn't have much luck besides seeing a ton of frickin spam sites masking as legit .apk download sites. I'll do another search tonight.

Hopefully I can get the .apk to install. It sure would be nice to have the depth-of-field working, but after skimming through that thread linked earlier (How to Port OEM Apps to Your Current ROM) there's no way I can follow that. It's nice the guy put together a guide, but being unfamiliar with this stuff I need to follow something written in clear English.

clamum

Jan 10, 2013
Southeast Michigan
I guess the ASUS Camera app was easier to find than I thought. The first time I tried it was nothing but spam site after spam site. Maybe it was Bing's fault, haha.

But I got version 2.0.0.150805_5 and it installed with no problem and works great. Thanks for your help, ejames2001, I appreciate it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Frankly speaking, I am preparing for my mid-term test now...

Let me read the guide first. :)

Thx for your helps~

Good luck with your exam studying, and I will be happy to help best I can when you have more time.

Don't delete it, plz...

Don't delete it, plz...