Nexus 7 LTE gsm calls

Search This thread

meedoo1997

May 3, 2013
Hi .. I have a nexus 7 WiFi only .. But I want to replace it with the lte version just because I need the sim to make regular phone calls and sms massages just like a phone .. So does the lte version make phone calls and SMS .. I did some search and I read that there's a ship of nexus 7 with enabled mobile data .. I don't know if that true .. And also there's no 3g and 4g in my country .. So I'm upgrading just because GSM .. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

aznrice2k4

May 27, 2010
Chi-Town
Hi .. I have a nexus 7 WiFi only .. But I want to replace it with the lte version just because I need the sim to make regular phone calls and sms massages just like a phone .. So does the lte version make phone calls and SMS .. I did some search and I read that there's a ship of nexus 7 with enabled mobile data .. I don't know if that true .. And also there's no 3g and 4g in my country .. So I'm upgrading just because GSM .. Thanks

You can do sms, mms, and sip. Telephony calls on the hand as of now no.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

meedoo1997

May 3, 2013
You can do sms, mms, and sip. Telephony calls on the hand as of now no.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

Are you sure ? Because in gsmarena.com is written there :
"Asus nexus 7 2 with cellular with 3g/4g support"
And
"Asus nexus 7 2 with no cellular network support"

bob60626

Feb 7, 2013
Chicago
Cellular means the LTE version; there is no phone enabled version. The second one is the wifi version.

I use mine with 8sms for sms and mms. I had to root and use the xposed module to allow texts. It works great but I still sometimes also get texts as push messages.
For voice I use Vonage for outgoing calls and my carrier's visual voicemail app. No incoming calls but I don't get a lot of them. If it's a call heavy day I'll just keep the sim in my Note 2 (my default phone) or my Nokia 520. The 520 and N7 is a sweet pair- lots of options and fairly easy to swap the sim between. Also, they only cost $250 for the two of them, less than the Note 2! :)