[Q] HTC One (T-Mobile) soft bricked

Search This thread

piftoffpenguin

Jul 20, 2011
Ok, so since rebootRUU goes back to the bootloop is there any possible way to boot to it? Any other way to get into RUU mode???

darksnoopy

Feb 22, 2012
Ok, so since rebootRUU goes back to the bootloop is there any possible way to boot to it? Any other way to get into RUU mode???

this should put you into RUU mode with the silver htc logo. if not you should give your phone for a repair to your carrier
Just in case flash stock boot.img and recovery.img before

fastboot oem rebootRUU

jondon156

Jan 31, 2014

I don't think you are going to get RUU to work. When I read up on how its supposed to work, its supposed to go to back into bootloader after running RUU or something along those lines. Some people said theres went to a black screen. Anyways, I think its trying to use adb, which doesn't work, so that's why we are getting that error code. I had also tried to manually go back into bootloader but I think by doing that you break the programs connection.

:crying::crying::crying::crying:
I checked the TMobile forums and a LOT of people have this issue whether rooted and unlocked or not. Its definitely a hardware bug.

Last night I let it boot loop until it died. Before charging I powered on again just to make sure it drained and it booted 3 more times and died. I then charged it with HTC certified charger and the damn thing is boot looping again. This is a sham by HTC!!

Handy-j

Jun 6, 2014
think my devies is bricked

:crying::crying::crying::crying:

iv tried all the methods listed like you guys to get my htc one mini m4.
adb usb commands return error closed , cannot boot into os, cannot flash ruu as im not supercid or s-off

*** TAMPERED***
***UNLOCKED***
M4_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.21.0000
RADIO-1.22.40e.00.07
OS.2.12.401.1
(OPENDSP IS NOT LISTED HERE--THINKS THATS MY PROBLEM)
eMMC-BOOT 1024MB
Nov 25 2013,20:21:57.0

any suggestions.. i kind of booted once then went back into a loop. iv even edition the build and default.props to enable adb debug

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Originally Posted by piftoffpenguin View Post
    Quick question. Why can't I use the command

fastboot oem rebootruu

?? It says command error. Is that because its locked and wont unlock? Also, one thing I saw in the fastboot oem boot messages was

CID is not SuperCID - What does that mean?

It means you havent change your cid to 11111111. Nothing to worry about.
    Now about the error with rebootruu i think its a fastboot error, you can try to fastboot oem rebootRUU by using fastboot in this .zip
    http://d-h.st/RvD

Before executing the command your bootloader must be at fastboot-usb

not that i'm getting involved, but, oh look, i have the same problem when i mistype my commands (and that's with S-Off and SuperCID)
    Code:
    C:\ADB3>[B][COLOR="Blue"]fastboot oem rebootruu[/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR="Blue"][COLOR="Red"](bootloader) [ERR] Command error !!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
    OKAY [  0.016s]
    finished. total time: 0.016s

C:\ADB3>[B][COLOR="Blue"]fastboot oem rebootRUU[/COLOR][/B]
    (bootloader) Start Verify: 0
    OKAY [  0.047s]
    finished. total time: 0.047s
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    INFO[ERR] Command Error !!

fastboot flash zip ruu.zip
    sending 'zip' (1037376 KB) . . .
    writing 'zip' . . . FAILED (remote: not allowed)
    finished. total time: 102.749s

not that i'm getting involved, but, oh look, i have the same problem when i mistype my commands (and that's with S-Off and SuperCID)
    Code:
    C:\ADB3>[B][COLOR="Blue"]fastboot oem rebootruu[/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR="Blue"][COLOR="Red"](bootloader) [ERR] Command error !!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
    OKAY [  0.016s]
    finished. total time: 0.016s

C:\ADB3>[B][COLOR="Blue"]fastboot oem rebootRUU[/COLOR][/B]
    (bootloader) Start Verify: 0
    OKAY [  0.047s]
    finished. total time: 0.047s

Oh well dont tell me you were typing it wrong! :-/
    Edit: Oh you were typing it wrong..
    NothingToDoHereBlackWithTextSS.png