[ROM][5/25] Stock Rooted LS980ZVC [ODEX/DEODEX]

Search This thread

JrSmilez

Mar 15, 2013
Monroe
I used the latest TWRP to flash ZVC and I think it has some issues; has anyone else used it? I wanted to dirty flash ZVC over ZVA but it got stuck and went into a boot loop and it was really hard to get back into recovery. I had to wipe everything after trying for 10 minutes and getting into recovery and then I installed ZVC. Seemed like it was TWRP having issues, maybe the newest version doesn't run well on our phones.

I have had no trouble with twrp but I don't dirty flash unless it just a theme and I definitely wouldn't dirty flash from zva to zvc. But that's my opinion. If you're worried about keeping your info use something like titanium backup for your user apps. Most everything else will automatically install once you sign into Google.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

shahran

Jul 10, 2008
I have had no trouble with twrp but I don't dirty flash unless it just a theme and I definitely wouldn't dirty flash from zva to zvc. But that's my opinion. If you're worried about keeping your info use something like titanium backup for your user apps. Most everything else will automatically install once you sign into Google.

Yea I backed up everything with the LG backup app which actually did a pretty good job backing up all my stuff, restoring just took forever, titanium is definitely faster and safer. I was hoping I could dirty flash to save some time but it took way longer because of the issues, clean install is always the best

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
I used the latest TWRP to flash ZVC and I think it has some issues; has anyone else used it? I wanted to dirty flash ZVC over ZVA but it got stuck and went into a boot loop and it was really hard to get back into recovery. I had to wipe everything after trying for 10 minutes and getting into recovery and then I installed ZVC. Seemed like it was TWRP having issues, maybe the newest version doesn't run well on our phones.

You must not have read the first 2 posts because you CANNOT just dirty flash ZVC over ZVA and expect it to work, it won't (as you discovered). ZVC requires and new modem/radio which we have put in the 2nd post.

First line of first post, bold and some red in there as well. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

shahran

Jul 10, 2008
You must not have read the first 2 posts because you CANNOT just dirty flash ZVC over ZVA and expect it to work, it won't (as you discovered). ZVC requires and new modem/radio which we have put in the 2nd post.

First line of first post, bold and some red in there as well. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

You are right... the posts are clear and correct (thanks you devs for your hard work), I just wanted to try and see if it would work. Still think TWRP 2.7.1.0 is a bit unstable on this phone.

This rom is great, phone runs cooler now which was my biggest issue before. Still gets hot sometimes however, next phone I get has to be aluminum.

Last edited:

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
You are right... the posts are clear and correct (thanks you devs for your hard work), I just wanted to try and see if it would work. Still think TWRP 2.7.1.0 is a bit unstable on this phone.

This rom is great, phone runs cooler now which was my biggest issue before. Still gets hot sometimes however, next phone I get has to be aluminum.

2.7.1.0 is definitely got it's quirks on ours and others, hopefully they work that out. I'll tell you right now, aluminum will make the manifestation of heat WAY more pronounced. Having owned M7 and used M8 for a few weeks, NOTHING says "HOT SOUP!" like a aluminum device with no cover heating up. It's crazy. [emoji2]

shahran

Jul 10, 2008
2.7.1.0 is definitely got it's quirks on ours and others, hopefully they work that out. I'll tell you right now, aluminum will make the manifestation of heat WAY more pronounced. Having owned M7 and used M8 for a few weeks, NOTHING says "HOT SOUP!" like a aluminum device with no cover heating up. It's crazy. [emoji2]

I did not know that. When I was reading the reviews for LG G3 some reviewers said that it is still plastic and so it does not feel "cool" like other devices to touch. I guess when not is use aluminum stays pretty cool but after it heats up it retains a lot of the heat?

on the G2 it is probably the screen that is causing the issue, but when I had the S4 or S3 I never had issues. On ZVA the phone would go over 105 degrees after 10 minutes of use and totally slow down and become unusable, and a couple of times while charging it got over 118, I was scared it would explode.

rootlinux

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 5, 2009
Cleveland
youtube.com
My first m7 got hot but my new replacement had no issues.
My G2 runs cool as well.
Aluminum is a metal that cools quickly. If it stays hot something is wrong inside the device. Like some of the m7s had camera heating up issues.

krezee

Jan 15, 2011
com.android.phone has stopped error dialog continously

Hi,

I've followed the steps mentioned here and managed to install the ROM zip.
recovery installed TWRP 2.7.0.0

• Full wipe. data, system, cache.
  • install ZVC deodexed ROM zip
  • install ZVC modem zip
  • reboot: stuck on sprint boot logo.led blinking. for long time
  • reboot to recovery.
  • flash system zip
  • reboot
  • boot to android but the "unfortunately process.android.phone has stopped" dialog keeps popping up. another one pops as soon as i click ok cant do anything. :mad:

Tried cleaning cache and dalvik from recovery. No luck

Any ideas guys on what can be done.

Last edited:

Mr Hassan

Account currently disabled
Feb 14, 2016
OnePlus 10 Pro
ZVA TO ZVC INFORMATION:
To upgrade to ZVC ROM's coming from ZVA:
1. ***MAKE A BACKUP*** If the modem does not flash properly (i.e. ROM won't boot) you can restore. If modem flashes and ROM boots, you CANNOT restore any ZVA ROM without downgrading your modem which is in autoprime’s thread here: Flashable Modem Zips [All G2 Variants]
2. Flash ZVC ROM. (Wipe cache, data, system, then flash ROM)
3. Flash ZVC Modem in SAME Recovery session.
4. IF SUCCESSFUL, reboot to System.
5. After successful boot, reboot to Recovery.
6. Flash ZVC Firmware, reboot to System.
7. Profit.

MY DISPLAY IS MESSED UP! HELP!:
- If your screen looks like crazy white static like this after you reboot:

a5y9yzuv_zpsebbba152.jpg

Flash this in Recovery:
White Lines Fix

Big thanks to @[COLOR="Gray"][B]Savoca[/B][/COLOR], @[COLOR="gray"][B]autoprime[/B][/COLOR], @[COLOR="gray"][B]garwynn[/B][/COLOR], @[COLOR="gray"][B]Cloudyfa[/B][/COLOR], @[COLOR="gray"][B]mrrogers1[/B][/COLOR] and everyone else for all of their work, links, and infomation with this update.

i want to hug you for this greates work , brother,. i have no words to thank you,.
:fingers-crossed::highfive:

see this,Screenshot_2016-05-12-13-39-39.jpg
i fix lg ls980 3g with another way but , i use zip file which you share here,.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrrogers1

Top Liked Posts