a few moto X questions

Search This thread

mr4r4n

Apr 3, 2008
NY
i have a DNA that just went through the wash cycle (accident and not my doing... lol)
while it mostly functions (earpiece, mic and led not) i was going to keep it around as a mp3 player camera of sorts

at the price range of new devices and the development bases i was leaning more towards the X (vzw dev edition)

1. i was wondering spec wise how this device feels still and if it would be a viable purchase still
  2. google wallet working for this device?
  3. any overall cons you guys feel about it?
  4. safestrap based roms flashed without issue?

i plan on contributing to the dev community for this device and i felt this was the way to go, if anyone could shine some light on this for me would be greatly appreciated , thanks!

mr4r4n

Apr 3, 2008
NY
Previous Previous device razr hd series was sparse on dev edition roms and were always in different sections, I meant more the roms themselves then recovery with there being a divide

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Teksu

Jun 9, 2010
i have a DNA that just went through the wash cycle (accident and not my doing... lol)
while it mostly functions (earpiece, mic and led not) i was going to keep it around as a mp3 player camera of sorts

at the price range of new devices and the development bases i was leaning more towards the X (vzw dev edition)

1. i was wondering spec wise how this device feels still and if it would be a viable purchase still
  2. google wallet working for this device?
  3. any overall cons you guys feel about it?
  4. safestrap based roms flashed without issue?

i plan on contributing to the dev community for this device and i felt this was the way to go, if anyone could shine some light on this for me would be greatly appreciated , thanks!

1. Just bought mine (vzw DE) in febuary, Lateral move from a Droid Maxx (same specs, asside from battery / screen size) Wanted the Maxx DE, but it was out of stock, best thing ever. the phone feels much better in day to day use than that maxx beast of a phone. Wife bought one (motomaker) last month. Would buy again (or might be convinced to wait out the summer as the sucessor has been announced to be coming at end of summer)
2. yes, i have also been using verizons ISIS payment system, the cash back is nice.
3. my only con is that while listening to Audible books, if i get a sms the book will not resume until the active notification is acknowledged
4. roms are for phones that come with bad stock software, you will only need xposed framework and other apps you may want to use with root. no roms needed.

While there are some roms, the Dev Ed hardware is no different than the consumer hardware(only difference is you can keep your warranty when you unlock your boot loader, while consumer ed devices will void their warranty with a boot loader unlock), and roms should work on both interchangeably

mr4r4n

Apr 3, 2008
NY
thanks, this solidified my choice of the X as my phone as i would have waied for the x2 had my dna not been damaged at the very least the x will be a great backup device down the road
now did you need anything special to get isis to work? does GW work as well? or can you use isis at GW pay stations?

mr4r4n

Apr 3, 2008
NY
Other then the above mentioned gw question, how much storage is available on 16gb model

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk