[Q] Can i flash a New Kernel on top of present one !!!

Search This thread

heerarana

Oct 18, 2013
Kathmandu
Hi All,

I need a quick help.

currently i have a kernel 3.4.X for KitKat ROM LWW (coconut) downloaded from this site http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2755249 kernel is good with good RAM & Battery performance, but it has some bugs like Wi-fi, videos can't play, can't take video recording etc..

Now i have downloaded another kernel and wanted to test it. So, do i just need to flash the New kernel on top of the present kernel one. or
should i need to go back to the stock build version WT19i_4.1.B.0.587 and then i need to flash the New kernel or what ?

Thanks in Advance,

Somyab

Jun 6, 2011
Mumbai
First of all you need to tell us which kernel you r flashing on this phone.you need to find out is it comp atible to the rom you use.if yes you can use it without problems

Sent from my Xperia Live with Walkman using xda premium

mihahn

May 26, 2012
If the new kernel is compatible with your current rom, just flash it and it'll work. There's no need to flash the stock rom and you won't lose any data ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.4

heerarana

Oct 18, 2013
Kathmandu
Thanks All for replying !!

If the new kernel is compatible with your current rom, just flash it and it'll work. There's no need to flash the stock rom and you won't lose any data ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.4

Yes, i have flashed the present kernel on top of previous one, and its working fine ::mad::good: