Adb tools keeps showing error device not found ?

Search This thread

Roefastford

Oct 18, 2011
I keep getting error device not found with adb tools on two different verizon m8's ?

I was using adb tools 1.0.31 and never had any problem until tonight and my one m8 I had obtained s-off on it a bit over a week ago with no problem at all. I tried to firewater s-off another m8 that belongs to a friend and his keeps getting error device not found and mine does the same thing. My computer has froze up 2 times in the last 2 days I"am on windows 7 I used system restore and went back 5 days no difference.

I even tried another version of adb tools, then I tried my other computer which it never freezes up and same deal on it with multiple versions of adb tools. I have updated all drivers and done all that rebooted over and over I have even removed java on both computers and installed new versions. Really pulling my hair out on this. Even tried multiple usb ports on both computers.

I have also constantly been checking device manager and there are no conflicts on anything and all drivers keep showing that they are the newest driver.

I could see if it was doing it on just the one m8, but on mine also which it was working fine on it just days ago.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Last edited:

jskup

Sep 30, 2008
Do you see the Android ADB interface in device manager, or are there any yellow exclamation marks there?

For ADB to work you need:
- ADB access on in Developer Settings (USB Debugging)
- The ADB application
- Drivers for your Windows PC for the ADB device to be recognized

You've stated you've done point 1, I don't doubt you have point 2, you need to work on point 3.

Note: The last possibility is you have some external program blocking your access. I've seen some draconian firewalls block USB.

Roefastford

Oct 18, 2011
Do you see the Android ADB interface in device manager, or are there any yellow exclamation marks there?

For ADB to work you need:
- ADB access on in Developer Settings (USB Debugging)
- The ADB application
- Drivers for your Windows PC for the ADB device to be recognized

You've stated you've done point 1, I don't doubt you have point 2, you need to work on point 3.

Note: The last possibility is you have some external program blocking your access. I've seen some draconian firewalls block USB.

If your talking about my htc it showed working fine and I tried to update the driver and it showed I have the newest driver available. I went through everything on device manager and everything was working fine, and no exclamation marks. Like I said it was working fine as I used it to firewater s-off an at&t m8 2 weeks ago and it worked fine for it. And I did the firewater on 2 other htc phones in the last 2 months. Also I have used the same adb tools for like the last year with no problems. Also I have not changed any programs, and I have used the same antivirus and firewall for the last 2 years so it should not be blocking it.

This is all why it has me stumped ?

jskup

Sep 30, 2008
It's not as bad as all that.

The next thing I'd do would be to uninstall and reinstall whatever method gave you the drivers. If you installed the HTC Sync software, uninstall and reinstall. If you used some other method, such as the Minimal ADB and Fastboot package, I'd uninstall and reinstall it.

I have to deal with drivers all the time at work. This sort of thing can happen. Windows makes this process more complicated than it is in Linux.

Roefastford

Oct 18, 2011
It's not as bad as all that.

The next thing I'd do would be to uninstall and reinstall whatever method gave you the drivers. If you installed the HTC Sync software, uninstall and reinstall. If you used some other method, such as the Minimal ADB and Fastboot package, I'd uninstall and reinstall it.

I have to deal with drivers all the time at work. This sort of thing can happen. Windows makes this process more complicated than it is in Linux.

I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and see if that fixes the problem, thanks.

Roefastford

Oct 18, 2011
Figured it out. I was trying to run firewater from bootloader lol, and not with android running. Ok I guess I really messed that up lol.

Last edited: