[Q] Crombi-kk stuck in boot animation? [SOLVED]

Search This thread

Goodfolk22

Aug 27, 2014
Boyds
I'm new to the custom mod scene but finally really got feed up with the lag on my asus TF700T tablet. Although i made a couple of rookie mistakes, the install of Cromi-x 5.4 was fairly smooth. However, some of the appsi want to use now require a min android version 4.2.2 and Cromi-X is based on android 4.2.1. I thought i read that i can flash crombi-kk over CROMI-X, So I tried to flash Crombi-kk over Cromi-X. The flash went smoothly but when it booted, it appears to get stuck in the Crombi-kk boot animation screen. I let it sit for about 45 minutes with no change and recovered back to Cromi-X. I'm running ClockworkMod Recovery v 6.0.4.7. I think i saw another post recently that it may take up to 2 hours to build.
Was the system really stuck or was i just a bit too impatient? Can it take up to 2 hours in the boot animation screen?

I also tried to go back to the stock rom but the flash threw an error and aborted the flash process. If i need to go back to the stock rom, I will try again to get the exact error message.
Michael

Last edited:

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
I'm new to the custom mod scene but finally really got feed up with the lag on my asus TF700T tablet. Although i made a couple of rookie mistakes, the install of Cromi-x 5.4 was fairly smooth. However, some of the appsi want to use now require a min android version 4.2.2 and Cromi-X is based on android 4.2.1. I thought i read that i can flash crombi-kk over CROMI-X, So I tried to flash Crombi-kk over Cromi-X. The flash went smoothly but when it booted, it appears to get stuck in the Crombi-kk boot animation screen. I let it sit for about 45 minutes with no change and recovered back to Cromi-X. I'm running ClockworkMod Recovery v 6.0.4.7. I think i saw another post recently that it may take up to 2 hours to build.
Was the system really stuck or was i just a bit too impatient? Can it take up to 2 hours in the boot animation screen?

I also tried to go back to the stock rom but the flash threw an error and aborted the flash process. If i need to go back to the stock rom, I will try again to get the exact error message.
Michael

No it should never take 2 hours for anythings to happen..... :D

Let see what has happened and see if we can get you on the right path ....

What is your bootloader version ?

I would highly recommend installing the lastest TWRP 2.7.1.1 ......

Did you do a full wipe before installing our rom ?

That will be a good start for me to understand what is going on ....

Thx Josh

Reactions: Goodfolk22

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
I'd be willing to put money down that you dirty flashed CROMBi-KK over CROMi-X, which you can't do since they have a different base. Well - you can, but the result would pretty much what you are seeing now.. ;)
Wipe data, cache and dalvik in recovery, reflash CROMBi-KK and it'll boot.

Goodfolk22

Aug 27, 2014
Boyds
I'd be willing to put money down that you dirty flashed CROMBi-KK over CROMi-X, which you can't do since they have a different base. Well - you can, but the result would pretty much what you are seeing now.. ;)

You were correct. I went back and wiped the data and cache via recovery and then wiped the dalvik cache which I did not do before (it was barried in the advanced section). Then flashed Crombi-KK. Everything went smoothly. Thanks for your help!

P.S., what is the dalvik cache?

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
You were correct. I went back and wiped the data and cache via recovery and then wiped the dalvik cache which I did not do before (it was barried in the advanced section). Then flashed Crombi-KK. Everything went smoothly. Thanks for your help!

@Goodfolk22

Great to see you up and running .... :p

Can you add SOLVED to your thread title ..... :good:

Thx Josh

Reactions: Goodfolk22

reubdog30

Nov 24, 2015

Thx Josh

I'm having the same issue. I've done a full wipe and I'm running TWRP 2.8.7.0 and it still gets stuck in the boot animation screen for crombi kk. My bootloader is cleanrom 3.4.7 10.4.4.25. How do you go about fix it?

Last edited:

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
If that info is correct (where did you find it?) you are on JB 4.1 bootloader and trying to run a KitKat rom. That won't work my friend.
You probably should start reading from scratch here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2688891
Start with post 3: "How to update your bootloader" because that is the first thing you need to do.
Then go to to the OP for basic info about flashing a recovery and rom.
Next update your recovery to the latest TWRP 3.0.x
Then format data in TWRP, change the file system on data to f2fs and flash either KatKiss Katshmallow or CROMi-X Resurrected (read post2 of that thread). Start with KatKiss, run it a while, then try CROMi-X or vice versa.
Profit

Sent from my TF700T using Tapatalk

Reactions: lj50036

reubdog30

Nov 24, 2015
If that info is correct (where did you find it?) you are on JB 4.1 bootloader and trying to run a KitKat rom. That won't work my friend.
You probably should start reading from scratch here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2688891
Start with post 3: "How to update your bootloader" because that is the first thing you need to do.
Then format data in TWRP, change the file system on data to f2fs and flash either KatKiss Katshmallow or CROMi-X Resurrected (read post2 of that thread). Start with KatKiss, run it a while, then try CROMi-X or vice versa.
Profit

Okay, I'll give it a try later and let you know. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know...

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Okay, I'll give it a try later and let you know. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know...

Another question: can I flash the asus bootloader over the custom bootloader is that' possible? I have cm-11.0-20140322-CROMBikk4.4.2-tf700t_Signed.zip downloaded. Is this the right one?

Last edited:

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
I think you are confusing a rom with a bootloader! That file you mentioned is a crombi rom, not a bootloader!
You do not have a custom bootloader. It is always the Asus BL, no matter which rom you are running.
Did you check your BL version as described in post 3 of my thread?
Believe me, you want to get this right! You can mess with a lot of stuff and get away with it. But not with a bootloader!
Check your BL version and post it here exactly as you see it on the tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

reubdog30

Nov 24, 2015

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Another question: can I flash the asus bootloader over the custom bootloader is that' possible? I have cm-11.0-20140322-CROMBikk4.4.2-tf700t_Signed.zip downloaded. Is this the right one?
IT WORKED!!! Thanks so much!!!!! You've been a great help!!!

reubdog30

Nov 24, 2015

Thx Josh

Did you expect something different ? :p

With my luck I kept that thought in the back of my mind. Lol :D :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Michael

Thx Josh

@Goodfolk22

Great to see you up and running .... :p

Can you add SOLVED to your thread title ..... :good:

Thx Josh
    Profit

I think you are confusing a rom with a bootloader! That file you mentioned is a crombi rom, not a bootloader!
    You do not have a custom bootloader. It is always the Asus BL, no matter which rom you are running.
    Did you check your BL version as described in post 3 of my thread?
    Believe me, you want to get this right! You can mess with a lot of stuff and get away with it. But not with a bootloader!
    Check your BL version and post it here exactly as you see it on the tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk