[THEME][2.25.2012] Ice Cream Kangwich for GingerVolt

Search This thread

S.Meezy

May 29, 2010
Trying to think of things to take this theme to the next level... so far, coming up blank

VS910 4G Kangwich

KaneOfMars

Jul 26, 2011
Charleston, SC
Trying to think of things to take this theme to the next level... so far, coming up blank

VS910 4G Kangwich

Yeah, besides a few small tweaks, I'm not sure where to go from here. I tried to theme the phone and contacts apks but they just fc'd. The current boot animation fits with the theme.... Dunno?!?
I've got some great ideas for another theme, guess I could start on that soon.

Edit: don't know if you noticed but if you look at the pulldown in landscape it will change the toggles to what i had originally planned, but never got it to work (pngs are too big for starters). Guess I could try that again.

Sent from my Ginger Kangwich Bryce Device

Last edited:

S.Meezy

May 29, 2010
Yeah, besides a few small tweaks, I'm not sure where to go from here. I tried to theme the phone and contacts apks but they just fc'd. The current boot animation fits with the theme.... Dunno?!?
I've got some great ideas for another theme, guess I could start on that soon.

Edit: don't know if you noticed but if you look at the pulldown in landscape it will change the toggles to what i had originally planned, but never got it to work (pngs are too big for starters). Guess I could try that again.

Did you decompile/extract with assets or whatever? Someone was working on theming them, can't remember who though at this moment... if I find it, ill let you know or ask them about what they did...

Go work on your other theme, other than that stupid circle triangle thing and your notification buttons (noticed it when I first flashed, but I set my phone so it doesn't rotate, out of sight...) its pretty much there...

Suggestions from the peanut gallery?

VS910 4G Kangwich

KaneOfMars

Jul 26, 2011
Charleston, SC
Did you decompile/extract with assets or whatever? Someone was working on theming them, can't remember who though at this moment... if I find it, ill let you know or ask them about what they did...

Go work on your other theme, other than that stupid circle triangle thing and your notification buttons (noticed it when I first flashed, but I set my phone so it doesn't rotate, out of sight...) its pretty much there...

Suggestions from the peanut gallery?

VS910 4G Kangwich

I did not extract w/ assets... what is that btw?

BandaPear

Aug 5, 2011
It may just be that i don't understand uot kitchen, but i wasn't really sure how one would go about adding back in those animations. I really liked them; if it doesn't take too long, would it be possible to get this latest version with those included, or an explanation of how to add them?
Thanks!

S.Meezy

May 29, 2010
I did not extract w/ assets... what is that btw?

as far as my understanding and what I've seen from tearing this phone apart, there is some dialer stuff throughout the phone, not just in the dialer... so basically the missing files from phone.apk break it from decompiling/compiling properly because it can't find certain reference files... ? I may try my luck with the messaging app, even though I don't use it and I would love to know how to enable the pulldown from the lock screen even though I don't use that either haha. Meh, we'll see. Also forgot to mention, nice touches to the settings! :) that ice blue is a sweet color!

VS910 4G Kangwich

KaneOfMars

Jul 26, 2011
Charleston, SC
@S.Meezy
So when extracting w/ assets I'm guessing you have to have your phone plugged in to the computer for apk manager to pull the connected apks???
Ive also got to figure out why I get an error when I try to decompile instead of extract.

S.Meezy

May 29, 2010
@S.Meezy
So when extracting w/ assets I'm guessing you have to have your phone plugged in to the computer for apk manager to pull the connected apks???
Ive also got to figure out why I get an error when I try to decompile instead of extract.

Error on decompiling the phone apk? Never tried it, I just know its there.... I think there's a folder to putthem in, but I'm not sure. Got a long day on the road, so ill check it out once I get home, sorry I can't b of more help currently :-\

VS910 4G Kangwich

Oct 31, 2011
I am downgrading to Gingervolt1.1 (having issues with V6 supercharger) can I use this or no? Love this theme and will be pretty disappointed if I have to go back to stock...

Thanks - Keith

KaneOfMars

Jul 26, 2011
Charleston, SC
Error on decompiling the phone apk? Never tried it, I just know its there.... I think there's a folder to putthem in, but I'm not sure. Got a long day on the road, so ill check it out once I get home, sorry I can't b of more help currently :-\

VS910 4G Kangwich

Actually I get an error on any apk, worked fine in a virtual xp on my mac, new laptop with windows 7 can only extract :(

Edit: Why must the Kitchen always be closed :(
As soon as the kitchen opens I'll add the animation to a separate download.

Edit2: OP updated with "Rudolph" transition/animation.

Last edited:
Reactions: BandaPear

KaneOfMars

Jul 26, 2011
Charleston, SC
Easy one there. Copy the landscape images, paste them, and rename them. It will auto adjust sizes to fit width.

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium

But they didn't adjust, the last button is cut off half way :( in landscape
They adjust in portrait but there's this weird thing going on with the wifi button, showing duplicate pngs... looks real bad
I have a way to theme while at work now, so I should have time to look into it now :p

mtmichaelson

Apr 5, 2009
Mt. Juliet, TN
But they didn't adjust, the last button is cut off half way :( in landscape
They adjust in portrait but there's this weird thing going on with the wifi button, showing duplicate pngs... looks real bad
I have a way to theme while at work now, so I should have time to look into it now :p

I ran into that on the dual wifi ones when I did my gingerbread theme for decrap back in the day. I went in and made a blank image for one of them, and was perfect after that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ice Cream Kangwich​
    for​
    GingerVolt ROM​

*Broken Out version can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24582285#post24582285

BIG thanks to S.Meezy, mtmichaelson, spc_hicks09, Beamer9408, and drt054 for all their help.
    Thanks capez for the easy guide for adding the ICS Transitions! Original thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1342117
    Also, thanks to wheelern for pointing out the ICS Domination theme (great source of inspiration)

Ice Cream Kangwich Update 2.25.2012
    Changed Notification Background to Black
    Themed a few more Menu Icons in Contacts
    Themed Seek Bar! (see screenshots)

Ice Cream Kangwich Update 2.23.2012
    Ported over data icons from my Golden Revolution theme
    Changed look of notifications, should be easier to see now (added a background image too)
    Themed Toast Frame (the little mini pop up at the bottom of the screen)
    * Refreshed the screenshots to reflect all the new changes *

Ice Cream Kangwich Update 2.22.2012
    Changed the look of notifications (see screenshots, not sure why the new ones are so much larger :p )
    Removed list dividers
    Changed Ticker, Date, and Time text color in Status Bar back to blue

Ice Cream Kangwich Update 12.13.11
    Fixed the notification toggles in landscape mode (temp fix, layout isn't right but at least you can see the toggles now)
    More edits to Contacts.apk (if only I could figure out that bottom background)
    Fixed the black txt on download notifications (only applies to apps that use the Download Provider apk (Market, Browser, etc.) things like Dropbox and Amazon App Store still show black
    Fixed Ongoing Call Notification

*Please make sure you have a backup before flashing*
    Download zip file and copy to externalSD
    Reboot into recovery and select "Install zip from sdcard"
    Select "choose zip from sdcard"
    Select the zip file
    Flash
    Reboot

The dock can be found in the market (ADW ICS Theme)
    https://market.android.com/details?id=kov.theme.ics

To be fixed:
    -White txt on white background. (Don't see it much, but still needs to be fixed)
    -Still working on the Phone.apk and Contacts.apk
    -Adjust layout of landscape notification toggles

shot_000001.png
    shot_000007.png

shot_000005.png
    shot_000003.png

shot_000006.png

Got bored... http://db.tt/lJSpAlOM

Flashes over gv 1dot1. Tiny changes here & there... no transparent pull down... no blue text in the pulldown.

VS910 4G Kangwich
    Any chance of getting a version of this for MT's Broken Out rom? I love the work that he's done, but not a big fan of the white notification bar icons or the center clock. I also miss the smaller font size... everything seems huge now :)

Working on it now, hopefully will have it ready sometime this week

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk
    Do you think you could port this over to the esteem?

way ahead of you :D
    So far so good, I've got all of the drawables ported over (modified the expanded status bar toggles)
    I'll post what I have so far when I get home from work.
    May start a new thread for the updated zv8/broken out version ... It's going to be a little bit different than the current GV version :)

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk
    Great, I'll plan to flash this when you release it and tell you what I think but from when I did flash it (long time ago) it was really good just never got around to flashing it again.