Jelly Bean OTA - Post All JB related annoucements Here- All others will be Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Kingdombuilder

Feb 11, 2008
Flint
It won't be long now... Someone like me that has not rooted since the Droid X will have to break down and give it a go. I'm currently using the Note with official ICS, and lets just say I would be elated to have a fast and snappier OS running my device. Looking at the all of you guys comments I would have to say that it looks as if OEM's will do away with differential in OS's. That was how they sold devices in the past giving the perk of the new OS. Since we have all these talented Dev's out here now and the people are gravitating to the style and features of the devices now. I would say they will look to take away the desparity of OS's and begin to unify software platforms and concentrate on the device it self as the selling point. Just a thought I have no insight what so ever. I really have been out of the whole rom and flashing world for a couple years and now that I have been surfing around again I see all there abbreaviations ans acronyms that i have no idea what is being said.

Ronnietehnub

Apr 28, 2012
I believed this question fits in this thread, anyone know if there is a uv/oc kkernel that I can use with Jb on my note and where it is.
Any help appreciated :D!

JamieD81

Nov 11, 2009
Duncan
I believed this question fits in this thread, anyone know if there is a uv/oc kkernel that I can use with Jb on my note and where it is.
Any help appreciated :D!

The kernel that's flashed directly after jellybean ROM "h0tkernel-internal" is an Oc/UV kernel.....

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note I717 using XDA Premium HD app

Ronnietehnub

Apr 28, 2012
The kernel that's flashed directly after jellybean ROM "h0tkernel-internal" is an Oc/UV kernel.....

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note I717 using XDA Premium HD app

Sorry this might sound like a dumb question, but how do I do it?
I've uv'd many phones but no matter what app i use the options dont come up for it?

D

Deleted member 2842059

Under the hood, mostly. It's far more smooth and fixes a few minor issues I had with the first candidate. If the first was a DD, camera not withstanding, this one is almost a RC. Well worth the flash.

Carn@ge

Dec 13, 2011
Not working but ain't tippin

For the most recent jelly bean rom posted by JamieD81, the pen is not working and apps associated with the pen as well aka crayon physics crashes, no s note, s memo or s diary. So sorry my friends for now no double tapping of the screen to write down a quick note, or drawing a mustache on your bossess face after taking his picture or getting that damn ball to its destination while trying to get through a boring church speech:) But other than that it is freaking awesome!

paleh0rse

Jan 4, 2011
For the most recent jelly bean rom posted by JamieD81, the pen is not working and apps associated with the pen as well aka crayon physics crashes, no s note, s memo or s diary. So sorry my friends for now no double tapping of the screen to write down a quick note, or drawing a mustache on your bossess face after taking his picture or getting that damn ball to its destination while trying to get through a boring church speech:) But other than that it is freaking awesome!
The Samsung Spen apps and gestures don't work on any AOSP-based builds -- as they can't port the proprietary Touchwiz framework -- so that shouldn't surprise anyone.

The Spen still works with other apps from the market, though -- Papyrus, Skitch, etc.

Carn@ge

Dec 13, 2011
AOKP

The Samsung Spen apps and gestures don't work on any AOSP-based builds -- as they can't port the proprietary Touchwiz framework -- so that shouldn't surprise anyone.

The Spen still works with other apps from the market, though -- Papyrus, Skitch, etc.

Oh yea silly me haha, you think they will be able to switch it over to aokp? I do not really mind not having the s note function, and I only play that game when I am sitting waiting for something to happen, plus I have a back up of the objection rom.

paleh0rse

Jan 4, 2011
Oh yea silly me haha, you think they will be able to switch it over to aokp? I do not really mind not having the s note function, and I only play that game when I am sitting waiting for something to happen, plus I have a back up of the objection rom.
Honestly? No, I don't think they will -- since Samsung doesn't release the source for it, and most AOSP/CM/AOKP users have learned to live without those apps and gestures. I think all great dev efforts are on JB right now.

Carn@ge

Dec 13, 2011
Nooo!

I hope they do I mean I rarely used the double tap feature to write down quick notes. But, I was digging crayon pyshics. Plus drawing Hitler mustaches on my friends faces never got old. I would love help a dev out, but isnt the note 2 coming out with jb on in or updating to it soon? So that may kind of solve that situation.

Afishl1

Apr 15, 2012
I don't know if this is too early to ask, but was wondering if there is an Oc'd JB ROM yet?

Was also wondering if anyone could comment on the supposed audio over USB addition?

Sent from the Galaxy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From the moderator/OP

To all in this thread...... stay on topic........ post respectfully
    .......do not post personal attacks or others off topic commentary

FOLLOW THE REQUEST OF THE MODERATORS.........

~~~ Thank you ......... ~~~ oka1

Hello All , Jelly Bean Has Landed.

So, in order to prevent mass competing threads about the same thing, Please Post ALL JELLY BEAN Announcements, OTA related items and download links in here.

It will keep the Forum better organized.

Thank you, Moderators
    It doesn't matter. It will still be using a Frankenstein kernel subject to random reboots and no project butter if/until kernel source is released.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

the kernel is a 3.0.60 kernel and its running better then any 4.1.2 kernel fyi :p
    ive been running the build a solid 2 hours now *screen on whole time* i havent had any flicker, stutter, reboot, what i have had is absolute butter response and zero lag, and absolutely fluid animations.

so your theory is invalid :p
    From the moderator

This Thread has outlasted it usefulness..... and since I am the OP.........
    I think
    it is time to Close it......... Thank you all for contributing

........THREAD CLOSED...........
    2nd Warning....I will ask, that Members NOT test me, you will lose.

Thread Cleaned, Thank You.