MDK users

Search This thread

android-incredible

Apr 23, 2011
I'm just curious, how many users are on MDK.
I'm one of them ? .i don't know if there are more on MDK than MK2..

o-o

Jun 19, 2013
I think I'm MDK or at one time was MDK. I can flash aosp roms but the baseband version listed in my phone is MI1, so which am I?

moparfreak426

R.I.P.
Mar 22, 2012
East/Middle TN
I was mdk, but had to flash a TW based rom to flash to page plus. only way to get to diag mode. whole reason I paid extra hundred bucks for unlocked bootloader be now upon flashing an aosp rom I get pop up saying it has kernel issue non samsung blah blah and have to reboot into recovery and restore touch crap :/..... any ideas guys!? I want my aosp goodness

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I was mdk, but had to flash a TW based rom to flash to page plus. only way to get to diag mode. whole reason I paid extra hundred bucks for unlocked bootloader be now upon flashing an aosp rom I get pop up saying it has kernel issue non samsung blah blah and have to reboot into recovery and restore touch crap :/..... any ideas guys!? I want my aosp goodness

Well if it was any other build than MDK stock firmware you're unfortunately out of luck. How are you flashing ROMs now? What recovery?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

moparfreak426

R.I.P.
Mar 22, 2012
East/Middle TN
Well if it was any other build than MDK stock firmware you're unfortunately out of luck. How are you flashing ROMs now? What recovery?

It was rls15 hyperdrive, supposed to be knox and not lock bootloader or anything. And trying to to use philz. I want my aosp.... with working data! :*( screw samsung and their locking everything now

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
It was rls15 hyperdrive, supposed to be knox and not lock bootloader or anything. And trying to to use philz. I want my aosp.... with working data! :*( screw samsung and their locking everything now

Well I'm not 100% on flashing a phone to page plus. All I can say is maybe update your recovery to Philz latest and look for a rom that allows you to put Page Plus apns in. But if you're using Philz.. you're still on MDK and I'd have to guess someone here can show you how to get it going.

Also sounds like the kernel your trying to run isn't Loki'd. So look into that.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Open up a Q&A thread. . I'm sure someone can help better than I can

moparfreak426

R.I.P.
Mar 22, 2012
East/Middle TN
Well I'm not 100% on flashing a phone to page plus. All I can say is maybe update your recovery to Philz latest and look for a rom that allows you to put Page Plus apns in. But if you're using Philz.. you're still on MDK and I'd have to guess someone here can show you how to get it going.

Also sounds like the kernel your trying to run isn't Loki'd. So look into that.

I'm new to the s4 but not new to flashing roms, flashing to different carriers etc.... I figured all aosp roms had to be loki'd?..... Or else they wouldn't work to begin with? and to modify apns for different carriers, it's as simple as file explorer,find system/etc/apns-conf.xml and modify or replace that.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I'm new to the s4 but not new to flashing roms, flashing to different carriers etc.... I figured all aosp roms had to be loki'd?..... Or else they wouldn't work to begin with? and to modify apns for different carriers, it's as simple as file explorer,find system/etc/apns-conf.xml and modify or replace that.

Yea well you have more experience than I do in that department lol only Verizon and ATT S4's use Loki. Philz latest has auto Loki... Maybe update that and see where it takes you.

If you flash say a TMobile S4 rom onto your phone without Lokifying it...it won't work.

Reactions: moparfreak426

moparfreak426

R.I.P.
Mar 22, 2012
East/Middle TN
Yea well you have more experience than I do in that department lol only Verizon and ATT S4's use Loki. Philz latest has auto Loki... Maybe update that and see where it takes you.

If you flash say a TMobile S4 rom onto your phone without Lokifying it...it won't work.

although, for a VZW rom, apns shouldn't need to be changed as page plus uses VZW towers.... just limited to 3g

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
although, for a VZW rom, apns shouldn't need to be changed as page plus uses VZW towers.... just limited to 3g

I'd say then update your Philz then try again. There's really no reason you shouldn't be able to flash whatever Verizon rom and be good.

I'd suggest trying Liquid Smooth 4.4 for JFLTE . Since you say the apns aren't an issue. . What version of philz are you on? Some of them had issues with Loki. Like I said the latest works great

Reactions: moparfreak426

moparfreak426

R.I.P.
Mar 22, 2012
East/Middle TN
I'd say then update your Philz then try again. There's really no reason you shouldn't be able to flash whatever Verizon rom and be good.

I'd suggest trying Liquid Smooth 4.4 for JFLTE . Since you say the apns aren't an issue. . What version of philz are you on? Some of them had issues with Loki. Like I said the latest works great

Thanks. I may try liquid. I'm on gpe ROM patched for vzw

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

i threw out a poll on this yesterday. Either we are the majority, or the non MDK users simply are too depressed :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2704017
    I put this modem and now my baseband says ME7. Did i lose the MDK baseband? I can still get into recovery.

No, you can flash whatever modem (i.e. baseband) you want, and you can go up/down back to MDK or up to MK2.

The MDK bootloader is what allows you to have a custom recovery, and changing your modem (baseband) won't affect it.

This app can show you what your bootloader version is: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo

lWauWaP.png