[GUIDE] Root the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Value Edition (i8200)(i8200L)

Search This thread
Apr 20, 2014
Jaco , Puntarenas
I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Value Edition i8200L , i'm from Costa Rica and i tried everything to root it , from Android Unified Toolkit (That ensures that root the S3 Mini VE) to DoomLord and SRSRoot but nothing worked , the only metod available to root this phone is with VRoot 1.7.6.5899 this is the chinese version , the english version doesn't work cause i tried and nothing ,i think that was impossible to root it but i tried the chinese version and it works.

Here's my tutorial to root it (Sorry for my bad english)

1-Download VRoot in it official page , google it because i can't put links here cause i'm new member , the version that works it
VRoot 1.7.6.5899 if there are a new version just download it.

2-Install VRoot.

3-Download and install Samsung Drivers , google it to :D

3-Activate debug mode in developer options , if you dont have developer options go to About Phone and press 7 or 10 times in Build Number or Compilation Number and the developer options will be available , after go to it and activate debug mode.

4-Allow instalation from external sources , ubicated in security options.

5-Open VRoot and wait to detect your phone , if not reconnect the phone to the computer or reinstall drivers.

6-When VRoot detect your phone press Next in VRoot and the root procedure will begin , it will install 2 chinese aplications 1 is like Aptoide and the other is the Superuser , you need SuperSu because it is the more stable , after the root finishes the phone will reboot and you have root acces.

(Next Steps are optional because i'm gonna show you how to change to SuperSu)

6-Download SuperSu from Play Store , open it and install binaries.

7-Download Link2SD and make SuperSu a system application.

8-Reboot the phone.

9-Open SuperSu and if it asks you to update binaries , do it.

10-Go to Link2SD and uninstall the chinese apps that VRoot install.

11-Enjoy root :laugh::laugh:

I posted a screenshot that VRoot shows when i rooted the phone.

Good Luck , any questions i'm here to answer it. :D

Last edited:

ibnfahmi

Nov 5, 2012
Cairo
I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Value Edition i8200L , i'm from Costa Rica and i tried everything to root it , from Android Unified Toolkit (That ensures that root the S3 Mini VE) to DoomLord and SRSRoot but nothing worked , the only metod available to root this phone is with VRoot 1.7.6.5899 this is the chinese version , the english version doesn't work cause i tried and nothing ,i think that was impossible to root it but i tried the chinese version and it works.

1-Download VRoot in it official page , google it because i can't put links here cause i'm new member , the version that works it

2-Install VRoot.

3-Activate debug mode in developer options , if you dont have developer options go to About Phone and press 7 or 10 times in Build Number or Compilation Number and the developer options will be available , after go to it and activate debug mode.

4-Open VRoot and wait to detect your phone , if not reconnect the phone to the computer or reinstall drivers.

5-When VRoot detect your phone press Next in VRoot and the root procedure will begin , it will install 2 chinese aplications 1 is like Aptoide and the other is the Superuser , you need SuperSu because it is the more stable , after the root finishes the phone will reboot and you have root acces.

8-Reboot the phone.

yessssssssss it works,with the version you prefered,thank you man

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 3,033
Reactions: Vermiilion

hans_passat

May 18, 2014
Works also on S3 mini VE European version i8200N

Thank you so much DanielCarbajal96 !

I did exactly according to your description and it worked fine for me.
There was an addidtional thing to do: allow installation of external sources had to set.
The first time I set it on 'once' and only one Chinese app was installed , I had to do it again.

After I finished did something wrong when I installed SuperSU form the marked. It was not able to update binary's.
I did a 'RE-ROOT' , and now it is perpect.

thanks a lot.

Hans

Attachments

• root0.png
    root0.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 3,904
  • root1.jpg
    root1.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 3,759
  • root2.jpg
    root2.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 3,352
  • root3.jpg
    root3.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 3,262
  • root4.jpg
    root4.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 2,942
  • root5.jpg
    root5.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 2,920
  • root7.png
    root7.png
    86.8 KB · Views: 3,058
  • root8.png
    root8.png
    215.3 KB · Views: 3,187

Ver0avis13

May 20, 2014
Hola!

2-Install VRoot.

4-Open VRoot and wait to detect your phone , if not reconnect the phone to the computer or reinstall drivers.

5-When VRoot detect your phone press Next in VRoot and the root procedure will begin , it will install 2 chinese aplications 1 is like Aptoide and the other is the Superuser , you need SuperSu because it is the more stable , after the root finishes the phone will reboot and you have root acces.

8-Reboot the phone.

No pude con la root, descargue el archivo ke esta en chino y pues la verdad no pude, porfa alguna ke no este en chino? resulta ke eres el unico ke ha posteado para el mini i8200L del resto nada...ayuda si!!!

Apr 20, 2014
Jaco , Puntarenas
Sigue bien las instrucciones amigo , solo con el VRoot chino funciona , recuerda activar instalaciones de origenes desconocidos en Seguridad eso me falto indicar.

Sent from my GT-I8200L using XDA Free mobile app

IAmHope_MJE

Jun 1, 2014
ROOT Mac OS X

Could someone help me with rooting Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini SM-G730V 4.2.2 Verizon using MAC OS 10.9.3 ?

I have tried so MANY different rooting methods/software and nothing is working for me. Please help!

Katay11

Jun 3, 2014
Valencia
Hola

Hola amigo, luego de pelear un rato con el equipo por fin pude rootearlo con tu método, muchas gracias. Sabes si por casualidad se le puede instalar el CyanogenMod igual que un i8190L? Espero tu respuesta, gracias de antemano.

Katay11

Jun 3, 2014
Valencia
Indeed, and I'm from Nicaragua - So i clearly can speak Spanish. But in XDA the official language is English. If you speak in Spanish the OP will delete your post and even u could be banned...

Now, that's a much more complete answer, thanks, and i'm sorry for going against the rules.

So, let me ask again, in english this time. After trying for a while, i finally could root my phone, so thanks. Do you know, by any chance, if you can install the CyanogenMod on this phone? As in the i8190L? Thanks in advance for your answer.

Last edited:
Now, that's a much more complete answer, thanks, and i'm sorry for going against the rules.

So, let me ask again, in english this time. After trying for a while, i finally could root my phone, so thanks. Do you know, by any chance, if you can install the CyanogenMod on this phone? As in the i8190L? Thanks in advance for your answer.

You can't. There aren't any custom ROMs for the GT-I8200 variants yet.

Sent from my " Black Beauty " using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

llxsasukellx

Jul 10, 2014
HELP!

:crying:Mi modelo es al que haces referencia y puse las instalaciones externas en seguridad y solo la depuracion de usb y en el vroot se queda en un usb cargando y no pasa nada...Ayudenme please

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2-Install VRoot.

4-Allow instalation from external sources , ubicated in security options.

5-Open VRoot and wait to detect your phone , if not reconnect the phone to the computer or reinstall drivers.

6-When VRoot detect your phone press Next in VRoot and the root procedure will begin , it will install 2 chinese aplications 1 is like Aptoide and the other is the Superuser , you need SuperSu because it is the more stable , after the root finishes the phone will reboot and you have root acces.

8-Reboot the phone.

Works also on S3 mini VE European version i8200N

Thank you so much DanielCarbajal96 !

I did exactly according to your description and it worked fine for me.
    There was an addidtional thing to do: allow installation of external sources had to set.
    The first time I set it on 'once' and only one Chinese app was installed , I had to do it again.

After I finished did something wrong when I installed SuperSU form the marked. It was not able to update binary's.
    I did a 'RE-ROOT' , and now it is perpect.

thanks a lot.

Hans
    ROOT YOUR S3 MINI VE WITH KINGO ROOT is more easy without chinese apps .automaticaly installed and superuser

links fot kingo vroot and more HERE

thanks @DanielCarbajal96 for tutorial

2-Install VRoot.

8-Reboot the phone.

You welcome ;)