[Q] Threads and Animation in Game Development

Search This thread

Katsar0v

Oct 5, 2014
Hello guys, I am new in this forum and I have a really important ( for my development learning ) question.
I started learning basic game development, but what I really couldn't understand is the threads and animation. How do you make an activity with an infinity bouncing ball for example and how do you structure this to threads ( if you do it ) and how do they communicate between each other? I know that my question is general, because I need sources as well to learn exactly this problem. I am trying to make a simple pong game, but...
Thanks for all answers in advice.

Yoplaboom

Oct 10, 2014
Hi,

Just search '2d game android tutorial' on google (sorry i cant post link)
You will find some good tutorials

Last edited:

hieu0nguyen

Feb 4, 2013
Hi,
I think you can do your idea with an game engine. If you know a game engine, you can do it very simple. I recommend you to learn libgdx. It's simple but useful game engine. Libgdx also has box2d physics engine.

Good luck!

skinzwalker

Oct 12, 2014
Hello, if you want to make games start learning some game engine like AndEngine( for 2d ) , Libgdx ( 2d / 3d ) , Unity ( 2d , 3d) .
I am currently using AndEngine for my project.

WakingBat

Oct 12, 2014
Its better you go for game engine rather than trying to code all on your own.There are lot of open source engines available.So better choose one based on your preferred programming language.