CLOSED! [How-To] Root/Unroot The SGT 10.1 GT-P7510 USA Retail WiFi HoneyComb Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
S

S0ckM0nk3y

Forgive me as I have been dealing with some family matters but here is the guide on how to root/unroot your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 USA WiFi Edition Only!!.

I nor any member of XDA
are responsible if you in any way shape or form
Brick/Break/Crack/Disintegrate your Tablet by using this guide

PLEASE DO NOT come into my thread and bash/flame anyone or anything about this thread. If you have a problem with it please PM me and we can resolve it that way. I don't want my thread cluttered with links to other ROMS/KERNELS/GUIDES/ETC........

I will in the future be making another thread to keep track of all the ROMS and from what variant they originate from

IRC Server = irondust.net
IRC Channel = #galaxy-tab10.1
Webchat link = HERE

Download these necessary tools I have compiled in an all in one zip for you.

DOWNLOAD

Within this download you will see:

ODIN3_v1.85

recovery.tar.md5 (CWM 5.5.0.4)
(Thanks to pershoot for this)

P7510XABKMP_P7510UEKMP_HOME.tar

Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip

Alright now that we have this downloaded. Extract the zip to your desktop or wherever you want to keep it for safe keeping.

Let's get started

First we need to get to know your buttons on the tab

It can be a little tricky for newcomers when navigating through recovery/download options.

P = POWER, D = VOLUME DOWN, U = VOLUME UP

buttons.jpg

With the Tablet powered off

Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons

You will see this screen below

Release the Power button but still hold the Volume Down button.

startupscreen.jpg

The next screen you will see will look like this:

downloadmode.jpg

This is your bootloader screen with obiviously TWO options.

Volume Down Button Navigates

Volume Up Button Selects

To Get Into Download Mode Make Sure This Is Highlighted:

downloadmode.jpg

To Get Into Recovery Mode Make Sure This Is Highlighted:

recoverymode.jpg

This is what Download Mode will look like after you have selected the correct ICON by pressing the Volume Up button.

There are two screens you will see.

The First:

download1.jpg

And The Second:

download_odin_mode.jpg

When you are in Download Mode open up ODIN3_v1.85.exe

Plug your tablet into the PC.

For tutorials on ODIN3 I will leave that up to QBKING77 and his AWESOME YOUTUBE VIDEOS

When you see the yellow box lit up

Select the PDA Button

Find the recovery.tar.md5.

This is CLOCKWORKMOD 5.5.0.4

Hit start.

The process will last oh I'd say about................................... 7 seconds

You will see a Green Pass box lit up as well.

The Tablet will reboot on its own.

After the tab has booted up leave your Tablet plugged into the PC.

[EDIT:]

IF FLASHING A CUSTOM ROM IS YOUR GOAL
THEN STOP HERE AND DOWNLOAD THE ROM OF YOUR CHOICE
99.9% OF THE DEVELOPERS PRE-ROOT THEIR MAGNUM-OPUS
PUT IT ON THE ROOT OF YOUR SDCARD/USBSTORAGE
FLASH THAT VIA CWM
IF YOUR GOAL IS TO JUST OBTAIN ROOT ACCESS
FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW.

Put the [COLOR="#00000"]Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip[/COLOR] onto the ROOT of your SDCARD/USBSTORAGE.

Next we want to power the tab off.

With the Tablet off boot into Recovery Mode

Now I always Wipe/Data Factory Reset 3X, Wipe Cache 3X and Wipe Dalvik Cache 3X as well.

I do this because I'm anal and it's less chance of things going wrong with the flash so make sure you have everything backed up you need.

However wiping all this from CWM will NOT delete your SDCARD/USBSTORAGE.

After you have wiped everything........

Select Install zip from sdcard

Installzip.jpg

Then choose zip from sdcard

Choosezip.jpg

Then select your Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip

SamsungRoot.jpg

Then select YES.

SamsungRootYes.jpg

Let it do it's thing then select reboot system now.

After it boots up HOORAY!!!!! YOU ARE ROOTED!!! Now you can delete all the system apps your little hearts desire.

Enjoy!!

If you happen to delete something you shouldn't have please follow the steps below

Now for the UNROOTING PROCESS!!

First thing to do is to make a backup of anything on your SDCARD/USBSTORAGE you might need.

Boot your Tablet into Download Mode

Plug your Tablet into your PC and wait for it to connect.

Select the PDA Button and then select the P7510XABKMP_P7510UEKMP_HOME.tar file

Hit Start and that process should take a couple minutes as it will put your Tablet back to the Factory ROM and Recovery and Kernel Images.

After it finishes it should reboot. You are going to want to power it down and boot into

Recovery Mode.

recovery.jpg

After you are in the factory Recovery Mode as seen above you are going to want to do a Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition 3X's. This will ensure that you are complete stock and it will wipe your SDCARD/USBSTORAGE

Congrats YOU ARE UNROOTED AND NOW ALLOWED TO RECEIVE OTA'S VIA SAMSUNG!!!

UPDATES

This section will be for updates to any part of the original download.

None right now as the original download has been updated with the most recent files.

Current Firmware list by Region for the GT-P7510 Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I will keep on this list as best I can.

This list is courtesy of sammobile.com.

NORTH AMERICA

P7510UEKMP_P7510XABKMP - DECEMBER 2011 - 3.2

EUROPE

P7510XXKL2_P7510XEUKL2 - JANUARY 2012 - 3.2 - OPEN EUROPE
P7510XWKL1_P7510XEFKK1 - DECEMBER 2011 - 3.2 - FRANCE (LA POSTE MOBILE)
P7510XWKL1_P7510OXEKK3 - DECEMBER 2011 - 3.2 - RUSSIA
P7510XWKL1_P7510OXXKJ2 - DECEMBER 2011 - 3.2 - POLAND
P7510XWKL1_P7510OXXKJ2 - DECEMBER 2011 - 3.2 - BALTIC

ASIA

P7510ZSKK1_P7510ZZHKK1 - NOVEMBER 2011 - 3.2 - HONG KONG
P7510ZSKK1_P7510ZZTKK1 - NOVEMBER 2011 - 3.2 - TAIWAN
P7510ZCLA1_P7510OZHLA1 - FEBRUARY 2012 - 3.2 - CHINA

MIDDLE EAST

P7510JPKG5_P7510OJPKG4 - JULY 2011 - 3.1

Last edited:

slack04

May 4, 2010
Great work. If we had a mod here, I'd say this should be stickied, and the old one removed. Thanks!

*Edit: OK, it's been up and stickied for almost a month. It's time to fix the formatting. As of now, I'd say even this guy could do better....

Last edited:
E

ezcats

just a tip: you might want to make the images smaller...and space things out a bit...just a bit hard to read but nice job.

forumsid987

May 10, 2010
First...this is a great tutorial! Question though... is there some other way to root without wiping and losing my current data? Thank you!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App

First...this is a great tutorial! Question though... is there some other way to root without wiping and losing my current data? Thank you!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App

You can flash the root zip file without wiping the data and cache. It will work.
OP have written so to make sure no issues arise because of flashing i guess.

S

S0ckM0nk3y

You can flash the root zip file without wiping the data and cache. It will work.
OP have written so to make sure no issues arise because of flashing i guess.

Correct I never said it was mandatory to wipe I said I do it because it's less chance of things goin wrong and I'm anal like that lol. But no wiping is not mandatory however if you don't wipe and something goes wrong do not ***** about it :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

rickyq12

Jul 31, 2010
Austin, TX
Awesome job bro. I'm already rooted but this is a great tutorial.
I do need to update my CWM recovery though.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1
Modified with Galaxy Task's AWESOMENESS
using XDA premium

S

S0ckM0nk3y

I eas asking cause the only difference between them is that the korean version has dmb...

Feel free to try it and report back if you like however I nor any member of ACS is responsible if anything happens to your tablet

kpucci

Jan 31, 2011
great guide...thanks for the work.

Now if there were only some decent roms to flash to the gtab 10.1 :)

crys18

Dec 29, 2010
How do u know if it's US version or not? i have GT-P7510 and don't know this.
Thanks.

S

S0ckM0nk3y

You don't need to flash the ROM to root... the zip I used to root my tab was like 5MB not 300!

There are also links to each individual download

So before you decide come in my thread and ***** about something read the whole OP first.
Nowhere in my guide does it say you have to flash a ROM to root.

So as Centinal Prime said "I'll overlook your condescending tone if you heave the gravity of mine"

READ THE OP FIRST BEFORE YOU COMMENT!!

This is one reason I hate posting guides on here. People don't search or read before they act on things. Remind me never to make a one-click-root for anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Working link????

Can someone please repost the link as it does not work anymore or does anyone know of another link/thread that they have found to work? Really wanting to root my tablet!!!!! Thank you in advance.
    Ok I've tried both rooting guides and running into an issue I've not had before rooting my phones, I followed the instructions and installed the drivers from the other post. I put my new tablet in download mode and start Odin and plug it in. If it recognizes and I select the recovery file and start it. I it connects and starts loading the image and after 30secs or so my laptop bluescreens with a drv_ira something error and reboots. I I've tried reinstalling drivers as administration, and run Odin as administration, and turn off firewall and av, and it still does the same thing. I does anyone have any ideas as what might be wrong or what should try? I had to head back to work so figured I would ask for when get home. This has never happened with any phone I've done. I appreciate any help.
    Zug

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Edit: ok got home and re did some work. I found a video and went off of that.. just as some advice (that wasn't listed in writing) I had to uncheck the f-reset in odin, i used a different usb port. I also used the files in a folder on the desktop like the video instead of a folder in my downloads. One of those 3 things fixed the issue and I no longer got the blue screen. So, if you run into this issue, try one of these and that should hopefully help you as well.

Zug
    Does anyone have links to the stock tar? Have lots of people looking for it

http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-P7510

I believe USA is region XAB, you can highlight over the regions