[Q] Can I Install Amdroid into my Nokia Lumia 710 - Windows 7.5 Mango

Search This thread

buddheshwar

Jan 29, 2008
Hi,

I am completely frustrated from my Window 7.5 Mango.
I was using Android, having lots of apps in market/rooting etc. As compare to Android, Mango is nothing :(

Could anybody guide me to install Android into my Nokia Lumia 710

buddheshwar

Jan 29, 2008
So can i install Windows 6.5 into Mango?

Thanks for ur reply,,,

I was having many apps & cracks for window 6.5. So is it possible to install Win 6.5 into my mobile -Lumia 710 ?

My main motive is to install apps/game into my mobile, but in windows market place I am not finding good apps for free (not even paid) :rolleyes:

Mar 17, 2012
Thanks for ur reply,,,

I was having many apps & cracks for window 6.5. So is it possible to install Win 6.5 into my mobile -Lumia 710 ?

My main motive is to install apps/game into my mobile, but in windows market place I am not finding good apps for free (not even paid) :rolleyes:
You'll find much better apps for WP compared to Windows Mobile. It's sad you decided to buy a phone without doing any research whatsoever.

Fuzzy John

Apr 22, 2010
Hi,

I was using Android, having lots of apps in market/rooting etc. As compare to Android, Mango is nothing :(

Actually... get in touch with the other guy who wants to put WP 7 on his Inspire 4G and switch devices. :D

Reactions: adempozhari

sinister1

Feb 28, 2009
Houston
Actually just wait a while, I think I heard some where that DFT is working on a ROM for 2nd gen devices. Then you will be fully unlocked and able to customize and even have Bluetooth file transfer and so on. :cool:

Reactions: buddheshwar

Dinchy87

Aug 9, 2011
Živinice
Hi,

i have lots of apps and rooted my htc 7 pro. the problem is not in the OS, its up to you! and only you! :) if you dont like wp7 why do you buyed it?

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

that;s a dream that seems will never come true
never heard a wp device could use other system,except HD2

yeah and HD2 is a windows mobile device... which also can boot wp7 or android

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
Actually just wait a while, I think I heard some where that DFT is working on a ROM for 2nd gen devices. Then you will be fully unlocked and able to customize and even have Bluetooth file transfer and so on. :cool:

2nd gen HTC's not Nokia sadly. The only real solution is if you want a phone that has Android on it buy an Android phone. If you want a phone that has iOS on it buy an iPhone. If you want something thay you can hack the hell out of buy an HD2. Or you can be like me and do all of the above :)

Reactions: pdaimatejam

net.lander

Apr 20, 2011
i am also looking for similar solution...unfortunately right now there is no android solution....the most recent progress is interior unlocked the phone, similar to the rooting concept. Microsft and Nokia are extremely picky about allowing changes.

unlock link
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1599401

Hi,

Reactions: funnypharmacist

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Three questions:

1. If you wanted Android, why the heck did you buy a Windows phone?

2. If you already know that people haven't yet ported Android to the Lumia 710, why did you ask? That thread talks about the progress toward doing this, and says it doesn't work yet.

3. Why are you posting a device-specific question in the general WP7 Q&A forum? I mean, you linked to the exact Q&A thread relevant to your question. You could also check the Lumia 800 (typically also includes 710 since they are almost identical internally) Development sub-forum, and read the unlock/NAND-access thread there...

Reactions: rajju2

lamborg

Feb 13, 2009
welovemj.co.cc
Three questions:

1. If you wanted Android, why the heck did you buy a Windows phone?

2. If you already know that people haven't yet ported Android to the Lumia 710, why did you ask? That thread talks about the progress toward doing this, and says it doesn't work yet.

3. Why are you posting a device-specific question in the general WP7 Q&A forum? I mean, you linked to the exact Q&A thread relevant to your question. You could also check the Lumia 800 (typically also includes 710 since they are almost identical internally) Development sub-forum, and read the unlock/NAND-access thread there...

This, along with no andriod on that phone.

v_garg

Apr 6, 2012
Hi,

I think if you tell us what exactly is frustrating we can maybe you help with that ?

Dinchy87

Aug 9, 2011
Živinice
I think if you tell us what exactly is frustrating we can maybe you help with that ?

frustrating for him is i think the approach, he purchased a wp7 but want android on it. that's funny, you dont buy a golf cab to race against an sports car. you buy a sports car :) not a comparison with that car to wp7 :)

the second thing. he want maybe to try android, because of the hacking abilities and customization and bla bla... and in the end everyone, and believe me everyone switches to the stock things that you have on your phone since the first day. that's the same with nokia and symbian, eveyone of us wanted a cool background picture, "cool" sounds, gimicks, but in the end nokia had a very good interface and backgrounds and sounds. he purchased now a nokia lumia 710 for which people sit many weeks to think of the variety of sounds and lockscreen so that it suites all of us. and after 100 background i use now the stock ones... the same is with custom accent color, i used 150 different to come to the stock ones, which suites definitely the best! thats why microsoft said 9 10 accent are enough because we get in the end wp8 :)

galuh

Sep 19, 2010
Malang
Thanks for ur reply,,,

eemmmm..if i'm not mistaken the market for winmo has already dead isn't?lumia is more better than old Pocket PC,i think there will be a lot of chance to do "something" with it,imagine man..some of old PPC device has already running android on it(especially the great HD2),so don't give up to your device;)

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
For the record, WP isn't better than wm, two different devices for two different jobs, MS may have dumped one of them but I can state without doubt that WM is alive and kicking in the business world and will be for some time to come yet I bet ;) the other thing to remember is that wm development kickstarted android, when droid took off all the devs split their focus, I wouldn't bank on their ever being a new " hd2 " ever again

Sent from my Lumia 900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Reactions: lars1216

sarthak malla

Nov 23, 2014
JAMMU
It is possible to install custom rom

Just visit the site (windowsphonehub.in/tutorials/updating-unlocking-nokia-lumia-710-wp-7-8-jailbreak) every thing is provided there abt installation of custom rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ...no you can't...If you don't like it, sell it....

frustrating for him is i think the approach, he purchased a wp7 but want android on it. that's funny, you dont buy a golf cab to race against an sports car. you buy a sports car :) not a comparison with that car to wp7 :)

the second thing. he want maybe to try android, because of the hacking abilities and customization and bla bla... and in the end everyone, and believe me everyone switches to the stock things that you have on your phone since the first day. that's the same with nokia and symbian, eveyone of us wanted a cool background picture, "cool" sounds, gimicks, but in the end nokia had a very good interface and backgrounds and sounds. he purchased now a nokia lumia 710 for which people sit many weeks to think of the variety of sounds and lockscreen so that it suites all of us. and after 100 background i use now the stock ones... the same is with custom accent color, i used 150 different to come to the stock ones, which suites definitely the best! thats why microsoft said 9 10 accent are enough because we get in the end wp8 :)
    Hi,

Actually... get in touch with the other guy who wants to put WP 7 on his Inspire 4G and switch devices. :D
    For the record, WP isn't better than wm, two different devices for two different jobs, MS may have dumped one of them but I can state without doubt that WM is alive and kicking in the business world and will be for some time to come yet I bet ;) the other thing to remember is that wm development kickstarted android, when droid took off all the devs split their focus, I wouldn't bank on their ever being a new " hd2 " ever again

Sent from my Lumia 900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App