Unknown error code during application install: -24

Search This thread

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Hello everyone,

I always follow this rule when I buy a new device. I use the stock rom/kernel without root for the first 2-3 weeks just so that there's no hardware error popping up and also because I want to have that clean stock experience with each device I own. After I feel the time is right, I root it and then keep on flashing every now and then. So ATM, I'm fully stock!

I've been experiencing this particular problem/error while installing apps from the Play Store : Unknown error code during application install: -24
I have faced this error 3 times till now and sadly all of them have popped up while installing "PAID" apps.
Till now it has occurred with
1. Nova Launcher Prime
2. WiFi File Transfer Pro
3. Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour

SS: http://www.vinu.info/f/u/24Screenshot_2014-03-06-20-30-47.png

I couldn't even get a refund on the first two apps as the 15 minutes window had passed while I was searching for a fix. I like to support the devs but this is really irritating!

I've literally searched for hours finding a solution for this and the only thing which I get is : FACTORY RESET.
If you're rooted, then you can delete the package from /data/app/ or /data/data/ and solve it within few seconds. However, if you're unrooted, you're only left with Factory Reset.

I am currently on ART and I have tried shifting to dalvic but that doesn't solve the problem. I was using a HTC One X (4.2.2) previously and I have never faced this problem even once. So I'm beginning to think it's a KitKat related issue? :eek:

I have already performed a factory reset twice and I really don't find it a viable option now. I guess it's time to root now and begin flashing!? :cyclops:

If you guys have any info/solution regarding this problem, please share!

Thank you for your time! :)

LeJolly

May 29, 2013
It happens randomly. Have you tried deleting your Google account and adding it back? Fixes it for me every time this happens (and it's not a KitKat related issue)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Blackbox421

May 30, 2013
Duisburg
It happens randomly. Have you tried deleting your Google account and adding it back? Fixes it for me every time this happens (and it's not a KitKat related issue)

I face the same problem with modern combat 4. I tried to delete my Google account and added it back, but I still get the "unknown error during application install -24"..

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info

Thanks for the suggestion. However, it didn't solve the issue.
I know it happens randomly and I may have been extremely unlucky to face this issue 3 times in a month!

PS: There are tons of people who don't root their phones, so each time something like this happens we have to wipe it completely? :mad:

LeJolly

May 29, 2013
It seems to me doing a wipe is your only option :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,

I always follow this rule when I buy a new device. I use the stock rom/kernel without root for the first 2-3 weeks just so that there's no hardware error popping up and also because I want to have that clean stock experience with each device I own. After I feel the time is right, I root it and then keep on flashing every now and then. So ATM, I'm fully stock!

I've been experiencing this particular problem/error while installing apps from the Play Store : Unknown error code during application install: -24
    I have faced this error 3 times till now and sadly all of them have popped up while installing "PAID" apps.
    Till now it has occurred with
    1. Nova Launcher Prime
    2. WiFi File Transfer Pro
    3. Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour

SS: http://www.vinu.info/f/u/24Screenshot_2014-03-06-20-30-47.png

I couldn't even get a refund on the first two apps as the 15 minutes window had passed while I was searching for a fix. I like to support the devs but this is really irritating!

I've literally searched for hours finding a solution for this and the only thing which I get is : FACTORY RESET.
    If you're rooted, then you can delete the package from /data/app/ or /data/data/ and solve it within few seconds. However, if you're unrooted, you're only left with Factory Reset.

I am currently on ART and I have tried shifting to dalvic but that doesn't solve the problem. I was using a HTC One X (4.2.2) previously and I have never faced this problem even once. So I'm beginning to think it's a KitKat related issue? :eek:

I have already performed a factory reset twice and I really don't find it a viable option now. I guess it's time to root now and begin flashing!? :cyclops:

If you guys have any info/solution regarding this problem, please share!

Thank you for your time! :)