razr maxx hd build quality

Search This thread

keithquick

Dec 18, 2010
I just noticed today that the corner of the phone was not installed correctly the edge of the aluminum is coming up. I was wondering if this can be fixed.or do I need to take it back to Verizon and raise hell for it.

Attachments

• 2012-11-159514_17_57_.jpg
    2012-11-159514_17_57_.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 1,207

YankInDaSouth

Oct 30, 2010
Sharpsburg, GA
I just noticed today that the corner of the phone was not installed correctly the edge of the aluminum is coming up. I was wondering if this can be fixed.or do I need to take it back to Verizon and raise hell for it.

Is it offset enough to snag on stuff? If so I'd try and get it replaced - a few snags/tugs here and there and next thing you know that whole section may start to lift/pull away.

seh6183

Mar 23, 2011
I wonder if this is an isolated incident? Haven't seen any other complaints of build quality.

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
I've seen one other person complain of this... should get it replaced.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

SFG

Dec 23, 2010
Was it dropped?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda premium

keithquick

Dec 18, 2010
No I have never dropped it. I talked to verizon, they thought they could fix it by tightening the screw at the bottom. When they brought it back out it still had the piece sticking out. I told them i wanted a new one and they agreed on a D.O.A., but they were out of stock now I have to wait a day or two to get one in.

SFG

Dec 23, 2010
No I have never dropped it. I talked to verizon, they thought they could fix it by tightening the screw at the bottom. When they brought it back out it still had the piece sticking out. I told them i wanted a new one and they agreed on a D.O.A., but they were out of stock now I have to wait a day or two to get one in.

Great news!

YankInDaSouth

Oct 30, 2010
Sharpsburg, GA

Glad to hear they're taking care of it for you!

roach48

Feb 3, 2012
no brainer,TAKE IT BACK.you already paid for that phone 10 times what vz paid for it.stand your ground you should not be even asking this question.

SFG

Dec 23, 2010
I think the OP has already exchanged it.

swboland

Jul 8, 2012
Long Island
So you think Verizon paid 20 to 70 dollars for it?

Yea take it back. If it gets worse they may try to say you dropped it or something.

Easily...if they paid any more it wasnt by much. The phones are selling on amazon for $149.99 right now! That's right both the Maxx/non-Maxx versions of the Razr HD are available on amazon wireless for $149.99. Verizon charges $199 for the Razr HD and $299 for the Razr Maxx HD. If you think they're not robbing people you're blind, or stupid, or a Verizon shareholder. If amazon is making a profit (which I assure you, they are) selling these phones for up to half of what Verizon is selling them for, you can bet Verizon pays somewhere under $100 for these phones.

If you look at the Maxx, Verizon is basically charging $100 for ~800mAh more battery and 16gb more internal storage. This alone is a rip off.

I'm not sure how amazon can make a profit with the price they're asking for these phones (I'm guessing they make their margins in the volume they deal) but I suggest people looking to buy one of these phones jump on it. Or if you have recently purchased one of these phones, return it (within your 30 days, or possibly 14 days -- MAKE SURE YOU READ THE FINE PRINT AND FIGURE OUT WHICH ONE IT IS) and go through amazon to save yourself $150.

platinumrims

Dec 28, 2010
Easily...if they paid any more it wasnt by much. The phones are selling on amazon for $149.99 right now! That's right both the Maxx/non-Maxx versions of the Razr HD are available on amazon wireless for $149.99. Verizon charges $199 for the Razr HD and $299 for the Razr Maxx HD. If you think they're not robbing people you're blind, or stupid, or a Verizon shareholder. If amazon is making a profit (which I assure you, they are) selling these phones for up to half of what Verizon is selling them for, you can bet Verizon pays somewhere under $100 for these phones.

If you look at the Maxx, Verizon is basically charging $100 for ~800mAh more battery and 16gb more internal storage. This alone is a rip off.

I'm not sure how amazon can make a profit with the price they're asking for these phones (I'm guessing they make their margins in the volume they deal) but I suggest people looking to buy one of these phones jump on it. Or if you have recently purchased one of these phones, return it (within your 30 days, or possibly 14 days -- MAKE SURE YOU READ THE FINE PRINT AND FIGURE OUT WHICH ONE IT IS) and go through amazon to save yourself $150.

Well you keep thinking that... Lol good luck

keithquick

Dec 18, 2010
Well I received the new phone today. I installed all my apps back and the edges are smooth. But...... there is a spec of dust under the back coating of the phone. I am just gonna have to live with it. Hopefully it wears down, or I will just put a TPU case on it.

Shawnkanan

Dec 11, 2010
I do have on the right side where the power and volume rockers are a lip on the Kevlar is all of the demo's I have held don't seem to have this. I am pondering whether I should exchange it since I just bought it. All other sides seem to be Ok but you can feel it when holding it and it is kinda annoying.

radzer0

Mar 13, 2010
Mine isnt lined up perfect. Noticed that day one but its inside a defender case so I could care less. If I replace it I may end up with a ***** phone that fails in some other way.