I think I bricked an X...

Search This thread

triton302

Feb 7, 2010
NoVA
My fiance has a VZW Moto X, 16GB. Since mine was a DE, it was simple to get it rooted and whatnot.

So, I tried the guide that was posted to downgrade to the 4.2.2 camera update, got all of the fastboot stuff done successfully and went to reboot it.

NOW... the damn thing won't even turn on. Not even when I plug it into the charger. F*ck.

So... what do I need to do to get this think back up and running? I really don't want to owe her $300 for whatever happened.

Last edited:

BladeRunner

Jan 15, 2012
My fiance just got her VZW Moto X, 16GB. Since mine was a DE, it was simple to get it rooted and whatnot.

So, I tried the guide that was posted to downgrade to the 4.2.2 camera update, got all of the fastboot stuff done successfully and went to reboot it.

NOW... the damn thing won't even turn on. Not even when I plug it into the charger. F*ck.

So... what do I need to do to get this think back up and running? I really don't want to owe her $300 for whatever happened.

have you tried holding vol/power down for 10+ seconds or more?

Last edited:

Cozume

Jan 30, 2014
My fiance just got her VZW Moto X, 16GB. Since mine was a DE, it was simple to get it rooted and whatnot.

If you are within the 14 day return period, return it.

Otherwise post on the Slap My Moto thread and ask for help.

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville

Can you access the fastboot screen?

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X

triton302

Feb 7, 2010
NoVA
I got it. The whole "QHSUSB_DLOAD" thing was the issue. Somehow I bricked it while flashing and rebooting.

Went through the steps, now it's alive. However, it won't boot. It'll go into fastboot, but not the OS. So now I have to figure out how to flash the correct stuff.

triton302

Feb 7, 2010
NoVA
Alright so I f*cked up BIG TIME.

Now I'm getting the CID error, it won't let me flash anything now.

Any help would be awesome... now I'm probably going to owe her $300.

Gus194

Jun 10, 2012
I thought it wasn't possible to downgrade if you had a locked bootloader...

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

triton302

Feb 7, 2010
NoVA
I'm simply following the steps listed in the various tutorials for rooting 4.4...

All I care about now is getting 4.4 back up and running, but I'm not sure if that's possible anymore.

triton302

Feb 7, 2010
NoVA
Already did, that gets me back into fastboot, but the phone is no longer able to flash the OS from there. So basically, I'm stuck.

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
And I just found out that it is two days past the 14-day return period. Fantastic.

Are you flashing your carriers sbf firmware? It also needs to be the exact same version that was originally installed ie 4.4
How did you flash it, rsdlite or fastboot? You should be using mfastboot if you manually flashed the firmware, did you get any errors during flashing ?

triton302

Feb 7, 2010
NoVA
Are you flashing your carriers sbf firmware? It also needs to be the exact same version that was originally installed ie 4.4
How did you flash it, rsdlite or fastboot? You should be using mfastboot if you manually flashed the firmware, did you get any errors during flashing ?

I am using mfastboot using the manual method, no dice. Most of the items i'm flashing give me this error in CMD...

Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)

On the phone, however, it's telling me this...

Failed to hab check for recovery: 0x39
preflash validation failed for recovery

When I tried to flash the system.img, this...

Failed to hab checkfor system: 0x39
PIV block validation for system failed
Invalid PIV image: system

When having to use the manual method to get into fastboot (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2629057), this is the first message that pops up...

Failed to hab check for gpt_main: 0x4e
CID Read Failure
Invalid CID status 0x69
CustomerID error. Contact Dealer: 0xdead
No SP partition found
Fastboot Reason: Invalid CID

masamunecyrus

Jan 12, 2012
I have a VZW Moto X that I rooted. The process was fairly complicated, so I wrote a tutorial for myself--based on a reddit thread--with all the files I needed to do it in case I needed to do it, again, in the future. I'm not sure if it will help you, but maybe it will. I'll PM you a link.

Cozume

Jan 30, 2014
I am using mfastboot using the manual method, no dice. Most of the items i'm flashing give me this error in CMD...

Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
I am no expert, but this sounds like whatever you are trying to flash may be corrupted. And maybe mfastboot is corrupted, too.

Redownload everything, check the MD5SUMs and try again.

Last edited:

eksasol

Nov 22, 2009
If the CID partition is messed up or it didn't validate anymore then you're done. You will not be able to flash anything to the phone.

Sell the screen as replacement part on eBay. You'll make more money on the parts of you take it apart than selling it as a whole.

sent via tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lesson learned before marriage. Leave the wife's phone alone :) seriously though man I hope you work it out.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk