[Q] saferoot Verizon Note 2 Stuck at Waiting for device to appear

Search This thread

jburchii

Mar 27, 2013
Matthews
I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II SCH-i605 which has the 4.3 OTA. I downloaded Saferoot, unzipped it - and tried to root. I am ALWAYS getting stuck at "waiting for device to appear"

My computer recognizes my phone as an installer, camera, or media device - depending on which I have selected. I have tried running Saferoot using 4 different USB ports, 5 different USB cables (including the original white one the phone came with) and EVERY time I get stuck at "waiting for device to appear".

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Reilly1812

Nov 23, 2011
West Long Branch, NJ
I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II SCH-i605 which has the 4.3 OTA. I downloaded Saferoot, unzipped it - and tried to root. I am ALWAYS getting stuck at "waiting for device to appear"

My computer recognizes my phone as an installer, camera, or media device - depending on which I have selected. I have tried running Saferoot using 4 different USB ports, 5 different USB cables (including the original white one the phone came with) and EVERY time I get stuck at "waiting for device to appear".

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Uninstall the drivers and reboot. Install the samsung drivers and reboot. ensure windows can search & and install from windows update. now try the process. the drivers are the toughest part of the process.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jburchii

Mar 27, 2013
Matthews
I am at a total loss.

I did everything you suggested. still no joy.

I did notice that every time I connect my phone I am given the RSA Key box and click Always from this phone...but it asks this EVERY time I connect my phone.

If I clicked Always ... why does it always ask me?

I am thinking I should have kept my Droid RAZR.........

I really do not understand how my computer recognizes my phone as an SCH-i605 with bot the "phone" and "card" as possible drives but the command prompt cannot see my phone...

I have reinstalled the drivers at least 3 times now - from the device itself, from the Samsung website, and from another forum on this site...nothing is working...

I even re-flashed the 4.3 .tar file using Odin and went through the entire process of re-setting up my phone...no joy.

Oh Android - why do you hate me so?

Last edited:

mattnmag

Feb 6, 2013
@jburchii,

You've probably done this already, but just making sure....Have you enabled USB debugging for your phone under developer options?

If not... you can find this in your system settings.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1400449019691.jpg
    1400449019691.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 35

jburchii

Mar 27, 2013
Matthews
@jburchii,

You've probably done this already, but just making sure....Have you enabled USB debugging for your phone under developer options?

If not... you can find this in your system settings.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes - Did this...I am re-installing Kies hopefully this will work...oh the drudgery.

Update: I just installed Kies 3 - I currently have the Samsung USB driver for mobile phones installed (it is in my "Programs and Features)...still getting stuck on "waiting for device"

I mean NOTHING seems to be working. Does anyone who successfully completed this on an SCH-i605 have a copy of the driver they are using?

Last edited:

Deeked

Jan 29, 2011
Woodbridge, VA
Yes - Did this...I am re-installing Kies hopefully this will work...oh the drudgery.

Update: I just installed Kies 3 - I currently have the Samsung USB driver for mobile phones installed (it is in my "Programs and Features)...still getting stuck on "waiting for device"

I mean NOTHING seems to be working. Does anyone who successfully completed this on an SCH-i605 have a copy of the driver they are using?

I've ran into this problem before and one or both of these fixed it for me.
  1. Use the factory USB cable that came with your Samsung Phone
  2. Try another computer